UPDATED:Casey Death Penalty Case Hard To Make At This Time

Wow - is the last dump really all they have? wow...totally have to rethink this now

http://www.wesh.com/news/17923372/d...rl_break&ts=T&tmi=orl_break_-1_03030111062008

Prosecutors say they do not have enough evidence to seek the death penalty against Casey Anthony, who is accused of killing her daughter, Caylee, WESH 2 News learned on Thursday.

A source at the Orange-Osceola State Attorney’s Office told WESH 2 News reporter Bob Kealing on Thursday that prosecutors have decided there are not enough "aggravating factors" to pursue the death penalty.

No need for a deal or to tell them where Caylee is, just hide the body well enough and appear to be a previously non abusive mother and no DP. I swear if Casey was unattractive and they couldn't play the little slide show of her "loving" her daughter this wouldn't go down like this.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17923372/d...rl_break&ts=T&tmi=orl_break_-1_03030111062008

Prosecutors say they do not have enough evidence to seek the death penalty against Casey Anthony, who is accused of killing her daughter, Caylee, WESH 2 News learned on Thursday.

A source at the Orange-Osceola State Attorney’s Office told WESH 2 News reporter Bob Kealing on Thursday that prosecutors have decided there are not enough "aggravating factors" to pursue the death penalty.

No need for a deal or to tell them where Caylee is, just hide the body well enough and appear to be a previously non abusive mother and no DP. I swear if Casey was unattractive and they couldn't play the little slide show of her "loving" her daughter this wouldn't go down like this.

Hmpf, guess those baby pictures of Casey worked after all. :mad:
This is lame as hell.

Death is too easy for Casey.

I'm hoping she doesn't get out of jail until she's an old, old woman... if ever.

Just give her plenty of time to think about how she destroyed up her own life and everyone she ever had contact with.

The prosecution is right, the forensic evidence I re-read today from the "new" dump, isn't enough. Yes I think she's guilty, but they need to find Caylee's remains. If they don't Casey will get off with "much more less" than a dealth penalty.

Why wouldn't they at least wait to make this decision until after the search this weekend? What if Caylee's body is recovered, and there are "aggravating factors" that contributed to her death?

i never thought she would get the DP anyways. I have no problem with her doing three life sentences.

Wow - is the last dump really all they have? wow...totally have to rethink this now

Where did you get that? I've read the story three times and don't see anything saying this last document release is everything they have.

Willie Crane is on death row with no body found. There is a grandfather in Florida that the jury recommended death for, never found his daughter's body. It makes me ill.

I understand what you are saying and I am sure emotions will run high about this if it proves to be true-BUT this may be one of the concessions for a deal that is now in place and little Caylee will be recovered...JMO

They should atleast require her to tell where Caylee is in exchange for dropping the DP.

Oh no! - I'm sorry I was typing out loud...I don't know what other evidence they have...all I know is they took the DP off the table.

Please keep in mind this is a source based story and not an official announcement from the prosecutor. We have no idea who the source is other than someone in the prosecutor's office and, according to the story, the prosecutor refused to comment. It also appears to be a single source story, in other words the reporter didn't verify by talking to at least one other source.

I would be astonished if the prosecutor would be willing to make such a statement without any qualifiers such as "at this time."

The prosecution is right, the forensic evidence I re-read today from the "new" dump, isn't enough. Yes I think she's guilty, but they need to find Caylee's remains. If they don't Casey will get off with "much more less" than a dealth penalty.

Much less is right.

I don't even believe in the DP but I'm shocked. Why is this coming out now? Wasn't the threat of DP something to be used to get a confession? I'm confused at the timing, especially since TES hasn't begun their work. Well, I didn't think TES would find anything and maybe LE doesn't either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back