State Asking Judge To Approve Gag Order - 4 Motions to be Heard Mon Nov 10

CaliKid

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.wesh.com/news/17923372/detail.html

Look in the middle of the page on the death penalty article. On the bright side, no more Cindy-isms.

Meanwhile, the state is asking a judge to approve a gag order, which would limit what prosecutors, investigators, the defense team, and even Casey Anthony’s parents and brother can say publicly. Prosecutors cite comments in the media from Anthony’s family and defense team members that they say could prejudice potential jurors.

Would this mean no more document dumps? Or just no more interviews, press conferences, statements to the media

I get the feeling we're gettng close to some sort of closure with this case.

Would this mean no more document dumps? Or just no more interviews, press conferences, statements to the media
Yes it would. We'd have to wait for the trial to get the info.

If ANYTHING can shut Cindy up, I'm for it.
I don't think a gag order would stop her in any way shape or form. She'd thumb her nose at it and dare the judge to punish a "grieving grandmother."

I don't think a gag order would stop her in any way shape or form. She'd thumb her nose at it and dare the judge to punish a "grieving grandmother."
I don't see Judge Strickland having ANY problem punishing her for it either. She created the one who sat across in his courtroom that he stated was a stranger with the truth.

I get the feeling we're gettng close to some sort of closure with this case.

I agree.

The state obviously has already released everything they want released if THEY are asking for a gag order. :crazy:

Interesting that the prosecution is laying all the potential jury prejudice at the feet of KC's parents and defense team. But when you're talking about Baez, Cindy and Todd Black, I guess it would be hard to look elsewhere.

Maybe, but if she's in jail for contempt of court, she won't be able to get to a camera.:) Seriously, anything that puts a muzzle on.

Agreed. She doesn't seem to think any laws apply to her. She simply does whatever she wants to do.

So if a gag order is issued, and it includes her, I'll be very interested to see how the judge deals with her, because she *will* violate it.

(Unless an insanity defense materializes) the burden is upon the State, therefore as SS indicated, this motion holds more weight coming from them ... they must protect the integrity of the case and are obliged to ensure due process - thus avoiding reversal at a later date!

ITA w/PG ... This will be hard for us information junkies nevertheless a good thing overall!

Maybe this will stop the defense from constantly putting "foot in mouth". They really screwed up yesterday and with CA going on interviews I think it is better if that side keeps thier traps shut. You do not see the prosecution running thier mouths and messing up. Everyone on the defense side is going to really ruin it come trial time. Not that I don't mind that but it is better to try and gag them.

I can't help but wonder if this has something to do with the discovery that Baez says he didn't get. He claims there are crime scene photos, and forensics he didn't get.
Could this be the states way of keeping that out of the media? Could it be out of respect for the Anthony's or to keep the public from picking it apart pressing the defense further into a change of venue?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back