1280 users online (245 members and 1035 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

SC - Alice Donovan, 44, Conway, 12 November 2002

Jennifer Warner fantasized her mother would turn up somewhere with amnesia, "just like a soap opera."

But faced with a guilty plea and confessions 18 months later, she knows Alice Donovan is dead.
    http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld...al/8625380.htm

One of the men charged with killing Alice Donovan pleaded guilty to her abduction and death Friday, on what would have been her 46th birthday. He blamed the slaying on his co-defendant
    http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld...ne/8619819.htm

A Kentucky man who grew up in West Virginia pleaded guilty on Thursday to carjacking resulting in death in the disappearance of a Marshall University student during a multistate crime spree in 2002.

Chadrick Fulks, 28, of Lewisburg, Ky., entered the plea in U.S. District Court in Huntington. In exchange, prosecutors did not seek the death penalty. U.S. District Judge Chuck Chambers sentenced Fulks to life in prison. There is no parole in the federal system.

U.S. Attorney Kasey Warner said prosecutors have reached the same plea deal with Branden Basham, 25, of Madisonville, Ky. A plea hearing for Basham has not been scheduled.

Both men were convicted and sentenced to death last year in separate federal trials in South Carolina in the death of Alice Donovan, 44, of Galivants Ferry, S.C. Donovan was kidnapped from a Wal-Mart parking lot in Conway, S.C., on Nov. 14, 2002, 10 days after Fulks and Basham escaped. Her body also has never been found.

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/12027559.htm
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

As I stated in Samantha's thread, I wish these two jack offs would tel the families where their bodies are. They deserve at least that.

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    Human Bones could help Solve Cold Case

Authorities are not ruling out the possibility the bones belong to Alice Donovan. Donovan was kidnapped from a Wal-Mart parking lot in Conway, South Carolina back in 2002. Two prison escapees abducted her. They told authorities they hid her body in Brunswick County. Despite months of searching, Donovan's body had never been found.

http://mothersarevanishing.blogspot.com/

Alice Donovan, Her Daughters' Words

It has been many years since there has been any public information about the disappearance of Alice Donovan, although her family, especially her two lovely daughters, still have the ultimate unanswered question...Where is she?

Even though the two murderers have been convicted and sit on death row, they refuse to be specific and tell this family where they so callously left her. What kind of evil can perpetuate something as uncaring as these two individuals?

The words below are from Alice's daughter. These words will give you just a peek of the pain this young lady has gone through, and how she is only now getting strong enough to work on healing her heart. She misses her Mother and only wants her home to rest in peace.

Still Waiting........

And yes almost six years later we are still waiting to bring her home. Just thinking about it brings the tears to my eyes.

Sigh..Where is she? All we want is to bring her home and give her a proper resting place. She doesn't deserve to out in the middle of the woods on the side of some road. As I write this post the tears fall. So many years of the not knowing just tares you up inside.

There have been moments over the past six years that I have longed to have my mother there, by my side. For support, compassion, laughs, love, a shoulder to cry on. A mothers love. I crave it, I miss it so badly.. I miss my mom, Alice..

Will she ever be found? I hope so..

This post as it turns out is really not a discussion it's more of my feelings. I'm sorry I got carried away with my emotions..It's something I have been needing to do know for a long time. I have surpressed my feelings about my mom for so long that they are just begging to be released.

I can't change what has happened to me, my family, or my mom. I can only help others in my situation and hope that I have something to give them. Even if it is only awareness and compassion for how they feel. Because I do know what it feels like to have your world turned upside down in just a blink of an eye....

To read more about Alice Donovan and many other Missing Mothers please feel free to read about them at http://www.peace4missing.ning.com

I live in the area where Alice was left behind. Almost every day, I pass the station where the ****s stopped for gas, and think how sad it is that nobody saw her in the vehicle. Sometimes, when I'm driving on our rural roads, surrounded by pine trees, I think about her and wonder if she will ever be found. The woods is so thick, and it would be so easy to hide a person. Somebody, someday, will come across her. I just hope that it's in our lifetime, and that you will know that she is found.

I pray God's peace on you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by warrkat View Post
    I live in the area where Alice was left behind. Almost every day, I pass the station where the ****s stopped for gas, and think how sad it is that nobody saw her in the vehicle. Sometimes, when I'm driving on our rural roads, surrounded by pine trees, I think about her and wonder if she will ever be found. The woods is so thick, and it would be so easy to hide a person. Somebody, someday, will come across her. I just hope that it's in our lifetime, and that you will know that she is found.

I pray God's peace on you and your family.
    Warrcat, thank you for the kind words for Alice's daughters. I have given her the link to all the sites I posted this and I hope she will see your response. I'm sure it will show her that her Mother has not been forgotten and that there are so many of us still here wondering right along with her.

Thinking of Alice

I live in Conway, SC. I moved here after this happened. When I first read about this, I tried tracking the movements of these ****s after they took Alice. I shop at the very same Walmart she was abducted from.

This is very sad.

It's good to see others from the area! Alice's daughters are so special and they miss their mom so much. This tragedy has taken such a toll on the family, but according to her daughter, they are starting to somewhat heal. There is never a complete healing for them, as long as she is still out there somewhere. They just want to bring her home where they will know where she is all the time. That would bring them such a relief in the grief that they live with every day.

Smile

I would just like to take this moment and say thank you to all of you who posted warm words and thoughts for my mom Alice Donovan and our family. It truely warms my heart to see that after all these years my mom and our family are not forgotten!

I guess I sort of thought that after the trials of Fulks and Basham everyone would just carry on and forget. Lord knows I tried. But it's not something you can easily tuk away under your bed and pretend it doesn't exist. The pain is still there, her presence not here, and an image of her in my memory is always there.

Once again thank you all for still keeping us in your thoughts and not forgetting my mom.

It's so good to see you made it here, princess!!

I hope everyone here who is in our area will be able to attend the Cue Center stop in Whiteville, NC honoring Carol Batten Dowless and others missing from the NC area, including Alice Donovan. Show your support for these families and for Cue Center who does amazing things to help find missing persons.

Here is their schedule of stops and the names of the missing person's family who is sponsoring each stop. There will be many more honored at each stop. Please come if there is a stop near you.................

http://ncmissingpersons.org/otrr_trip.htm

I pray that those scumbags will finally tell you where they put your mother so y'all can lay her to rest close to you. God bless you all, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranaice View Post
    I pray that those scumbags will finally tell you where they put your mother so y'all can lay her to rest close to you. God bless you all, you're in my thoughts and prayers.
    I wish they would tell us as well. But I don't see that happening because I think that they think if they don't tell there might be a chance that they could get there death sentenced appealled for the no body no proof. However they have confessed to killing her. Although Fulks said that Basham did it and that he was just there. Who ever did the actual execution is not relevent to us. He was there so he is just as guilty if you ask me.

This might sound bad but I am soooo looking forward to the day that those boys are injected with their death serum! I just don't think it's fair that they get to die a less painful death then my mother did. An eye for an eye. But at least I get the satisfaction that they WILL die. At least my mothers murderers were caught and tried. So many people have not had that same fate as I. And I feel for them emensly! It's horrible having someone you love or know be murdered and not found but to not know who did it or have their executioners out there still at large. I don't think I could deal with that. Maybe I could but I am relieved that I did not have to deal with those issues.

Thank you for thinking of us. (((hugs)))

Quote Originally Posted by alibar View Post
    I think that they think if they don't tell there might be a chance that they could get there death sentenced appealled for the no body no proof.
    Unlikely. "No body" homicides are not at all uncommon anymore, especially with DNA and other forensic technology. I know of several people executed in cases where the body was never found. Evidence of murder is evidence of murder, with or without a corpse.

All the "no body" homicides profiled on the Charley Project are here: http://www.charleyproject.org/corpus/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast