964 users online (174 members and 790 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Alex Tillman, 18, Miami, 2 Nov 2008

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/...24/-1/BREAKING

The article is very vague. An 18 year old male who was reported missing since Sunday's; charred corpse was found.
    If anyone has any better articles..

Quote Originally Posted by LorinMarie View Post
    "Why him? Good kid, never been in trouble, don't disrespect anyone, don't start anything with anyone," said his mother Tawana Fairell.
    She described him as a momma's boy who aspired to be a pediatrician. She says he didn't use drugs and didn't have enemies, and that he didn't even carry a wallet.
    "I did everything I could to bring up that boy that right way—everything that I could," said Fairell.

Another young person just about to realize his potential killed by some *******.

My prayers to his mother and their family; it sounds like she did a great job raising him; and then some POS goes and takes his life.

The above article states "Fairell speculates that maybe it might be a dispute over a girl, but at this point it's only speculation." (He was a nice looking young man)

Another article :"police did not release the cause of death -- was found Tuesday morning in a field on North Miami Avenue near 21st Street.

He worked at a nearby Taco Bell restaurant, and had no criminal past, police said. "

He was murdered near his job, this was in the Overtown area. I have seen this area covered in "First 48" on A&E.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/sout...ry/758651.html

Well, if someone took the time to burn his body, the chances are high that it was someone who knew him and did not want him identified. Just IMO.

May he rest in peace and may god watch over his family and loved ones in their time of need.
    There is always HOPE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    "Why him? Good kid, never been in trouble, don't disrespect anyone, don't start anything with anyone," said his mother Tawana Fairell.
    She described him as a momma's boy who aspired to be a pediatrician. She says he didn't use drugs and didn't have enemies, and that he didn't even carry a wallet.
    "I did everything I could to bring up that boy that right way—everything that I could," said Fairell.

Another young person just about to realize his potential killed by some *******.

This is why I now believe in the DP.
    The person who did this does not deserve to even breathe our air imo.
    Young kid, whole life ahead of him and some monster throws it all away.

Unhappy

I don't even know what to say about this. You raise your kids to be good, productive citizens (which is sounds like this young man was) and some POS comes along and takes all that away.

When I first heard about it I thought maybe that he had been robbed coming home from Taco Bell. His mom said he didn't even carry a wallet.

Feature article from January 2010:

http://www.biscaynetimes.com/index.p...=469:ladys-man

On Sunday, November 2, 2008, two days before his body was found by a homeless man, Alex called his best friend Isaiah (“Zayy”) around 1:30 a.m., after finishing the late shift at Taco Bell on the Boulevard. He said he’d met a girl. She had come to the restaurant earlier that night. He was heading home and planned to meet up with her later...

It’s unclear whether Alex actually met with the mystery girl, but at 9:11 that morning security cameras at his Overtown apartment building recorded him strutting out the front door, dressed in dark designer jeans and a black T-shirt, a red cap tilted fashionably to one side. He was supposed to be heading to Opa-locka to meet his mother and place flowers on the grave of his recently deceased grandmother. But he made a detour, and when Tawana called around 11:00 a.m. to find out where he was, he said he was “at a friend’s house” and would be late...

When he didn’t come home that night, Tawana began to worry... When he didn’t turn up at home or at school the next morning, though, she got scared. And then one of Alex’s co-workers at Taco Bell called with news that would send her racing through the streets in a panic.

A young lady had called the Taco Bell. She was crying and said that Alex had been killed and badly burned. She called more than once, said her name was Crystal, and spoke to more than one person, telling the same story each time. When Taco Bell employees asked why she didn’t call the police, she said her parents would kill her if she did.