1013 users online (113 members and 900 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I'm sure the SA's office got a good laugh over such a pathetic, transparent ploy on the part of the defense.

In my dreams my children are are still kids, not the grown people they have become.

George nailed it when he said if he lost Caylee, he's really lost Casey too.

No matter how much I hate seeing G & C trying to pretend their daughter isn't the evil person she became, I get why they are protecting her from the DP. Georges interview convinces me that George and Cindy both thought right away that Casey had done something that deserved the DP.

Cindy said, "We've lost Caylee." She knew.

I don't think G & C are fighting so hard because they are in denial and DON'T think Casey deserves the death penalty. I think they believe they think Casey DID do something and does.

But, Caylee is gone. I think the A's see Casey as damaged. No matter how much they hate Casey for what she did to Caylee (and I believe they do) they don't want the child they raised to die.

IMO

I don't really understand why this would even be done. I don't think as it now stands they have enough evidence to seek the DP anyway, didn't the prosecutors office say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Theonly1 View Post
    "1...2...3...CHEESE" and "Want Cheese?"

Caylee saying cheese to the videocamera is on YouTube (if you haven't seen it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBxvVckP3Ds

[The one point that hurts my heart is twice in the video she sighs when not getting a response from the videographer.]
    That and the Breakfast With Caylee one always kills me. Did they really think this would work seeing as how much Casey looks like Caylee?

I find it hard to see them objectively. Knowing as much about this case as I do, I see the monster.

Someone who isn't following the case, may just the pictures as a semi cute kid.
    Faxing death threats to a location near you!

Quote Originally Posted by reefshadow View Post
    I don't really understand why this would even be done. I don't think as it now stands they have enough evidence to seek the DP anyway, didn't the prosecutors office say that?
    I don't think it's a foregone conclusion-- they haven't made an official determination and evidence could still be gathered!
    Quote Originally Posted by technicalconfusion View Post
    I find it hard to see them objectively. Knowing as much about this case as I do, I see the monster.

Someone who isn't following the case, may just the pictures as a semi cute kid.
    I agree- I'm pretty sure my impression of the baby photos is colored by my current level of EXTREME disgust toward Casey.

I think the defense should probably stick to the deceptively adorable mother-daughter pictures of Casey and Caylee in hopes that people will imagine Casey was a loving mother who could never have hurt Caylee.

Quote Originally Posted by Janis396 View Post
    They don't do a dang thing for me. What does what she looked like 15 or 20 years ago have to do her with killing Caylee? At least Casey got to grow up, Caylee only had 2 birthdays in her short life. I couldn't care less what Casey looked like back then.
    They just actually tick me off more than anything. ITA.

I'm not sure if I've ever heard of an attorney showing baby pictures of an accused murderer before. Weird.
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness

Something seems off about her as a child and Caylee was 100x's cuter than she was as a baby IMHO. I also think Caylee resembles Cindy somewhat but she may also look like her father (whoever that is) I don't see much of Casey in Caylee. Oh I hope they find this poor little girl this whole ordeal just infuriates me!

Quote Originally Posted by Gummishoe View Post
    I'm sure Scott P was adorable too....

Scott Peterson's childhood pics:

http://www.courttv.com/trials/peters...tml?curPhoto=1

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I agree. She isn't going to evoke the response I think they want. She was a creepy looking child, imo.

i agree
    [/SIGPI
[SIGPIC]
    Jada with santa

Re: showing baby pics of defendant

It's usually in the defense's bag-o-tricks in the penalty phase of the trial.

Pfft.

I refuse to have sympathy for anyone who feels they have the right to take away someone else's life. Especially an innocent baby's.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Now THAT's an ugly kid!!!

I had been wanting to see pictures of Casey as a child...not sure why. To see if she looked like Caylee (she doesn't much). I think I wanted to see if I could read the future in those pictures. Maybe get an answer or something.

I can't. Casey was a cute kid. I don't see any evil, and I still wonder when it slipped in.

Unfortunately, I think when i was a child, I resembled Scott P more than Casey :-( I'm a girl...who took really really bad school photos!

Quote Originally Posted by Jolynna View Post
    In my dreams my children are are still kids, not the grown people they have become.

George nailed it when he said if he lost Caylee, he's really lost Casey too.

No matter how much I hate seeing G & C trying to pretend their daughter isn't the evil person she became, I get why they are protecting her from the DP. Georges interview convinces me that George and Cindy both thought right away that Casey had done something that deserved the DP.

Cindy said, "We've lost Caylee." She knew.

I don't think G & C are fighting so hard because they are in denial and DON'T think Casey deserves the death penalty. I think they believe they think Casey DID do something and does.

But, Caylee is gone. I think the A's see Casey as damaged. No matter how much they hate Casey for what she did to Caylee (and I believe they do) they don't want the child they raised to die.

IMO
    ITA. CA's remark to KC when she first heard Caylee was truly missing: "What have you done?"

Quote Originally Posted by EricaG View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I doubt these will help the defense at all.
    No, they will not help the defense. The one picture of KC in the playpen, when she was a baby, looks eerily like Caylee.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast