GUILTY NC - Logan Edwards, 54, Waxhaw, 31 October 2008

vibec

Reaction score
There's not much info yet. She disappeared after a fight with her husband. She was last seen driving, so I'm hoping this has a good outcome (unless he was the one who claimed to see her drive away:confused:!). She's about 10 minutes from me.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/17927344/detail.html

There's not much info yet. She disappeared after a fight with her husband. She was last seen driving, so I'm hoping this has a good outcome (unless he was the one who claimed to see her drive away:confused:!). She's about 10 minutes from me.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/17927344/detail.html

Vibec....please keep us updated~I used to live closeby myself! Let me know if you hear anything new....

This scenario is becoming hauntingly familiar.

This scenario is becoming hauntingly familiar.

I know, Cali, it seems like this pattern of behavior just keeps repeating itself time after time. Over the years, we have had a lot of experience picking up on this evidence!

I pray that this time is different, just like I pray that every time the results will be different and that the person returns home safely.

That's the problem with these sorts of cases. The 'disappearance' starts out innocently enough, USUALLY it's the 'wife' that's left after an argument or during a period the couple are going through 'difficulties' in their marriage. By the time LE realizes it's MOST likely more than a missing persons case, any possible evidence is destroyed.

IF the wife's car is found without her, LE usually has enough probable cause for a SW of the home, but the husband has been home for days with plenty of opportunity to 'clean-up.' Many, especially smaller LE agencies, just never pick up that it's MORE than a disappearance. It's usually only through the perseverance of family (quite often NOT including the husband) who may get the investigation to continue.

However, quite often, without a body, there is no case.

Hopefully this woman is off somewhere safe and sound. Until more circumstances come forward, we have no alternative except to wait and see. Hopefully, we'll find she's ok and this case does NOT fade away, including the victim, never to be heard from again.

JMHO
fran

Husband has been charged with murder. Not much info yet, but he's in jail.

WAXHAW, N.C. -- Waxhaw police told Channel Nine Eyewitness News on Wednesday night that officers arrested Danny Edwards and charged him with murdering his wife, Logan.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/17969048/detail.html

I live very close to where Logan lived.............for what it is worth...........this is a VERY safe and nice area. Waxhaw is a very small historic town with antique shops and lots of new neighborhoods with people moving out this way from Charlotte. Hate to say it but Waxhaw to Charlotte is like Cary to Raleigh.

I live very close to where Logan lived.............for what it is worth...........this is a VERY safe and nice area. Waxhaw is a very small historic town with antique shops and lots of new neighborhoods with people moving out this way from Charlotte. Hate to say it but Waxhaw to Charlotte is like Cary to Raleigh.

Thanks for the alert on this Lori - WOW. Can't figure what is going on with people and how they figure murdering their spouse is the way to resolve arguments. Unreal.

OMG that is awful.

My cousin lives in Waxhaw/Marvin (they're always arguing about what her address is, so I'm not sure, SO like Cary).

What is in the water in NC lately that makes men think it is easier to murder their wives?

Another one. Jeez, WTH is going on in NC??? Have the guys there ever heard of divorce or anger management? RIP Logan....

Another sad ending to a story starting with domestic violence. This is just unacceptable. We women really must start organizing and get legislators and law enforcement to take the VAWA seriously and enforce it before there is another case of a battered woman going missing and ending in murder. Domestic violence should be considered a hate crime against women and prosecuted aggressively, at the least given more than robbery or theft!

Our sisters are dying at epidemic rates at the hands of an abusive spouse.

From January 2010:

http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/local/2014/06/19/10941907/

A Union County jury on Thursday found Dan Edwards guilty of first-degree murder in the death of his wife, Logan, in their Waxhaw home on Halloween night 2008.

Edwards was sentenced to life in prison with no parole by Judge Jack Hooks, who listened first as the sister of Logan Edwards described what the murder had done to the family...

Union County District Attorney John Snyder said throwing his wife on the bed and smothering her with a pillow was clearly first-degree murder. The manner that he used to extinguish her life, there were choices each second that he was doing that, Snyder said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back