GUILTY CA - Sgt. Jan, 24, & Quiana Pietrzak, 26, murdered, Winchester, 15 Oct 2008

STEADFAST

Reaction score
amd_marine.jpg

Sgt. Jan Pawel Pietrzak and his wife, Quiana
The couple's home was ransacked and jewelry and other items were taken. A fire was set, apparently in an effort to destroy evidence. The Camp Pendleton-based Marine sergeant and his wife were tortured before they were shot execution-style, according to a published report. http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/4_Marines_Charged_in_Murder_of_Marine_Wife.html
Four Camp Pendleton Marines accused of robbing and killing a Marine Corps sergeant and his wife in their Temecula home appeared in court Friday afternoon, but arraignment was postponed so they could be assigned lawyers.
Lance Cpl. Kesaun Sykes, 21, Lance Cpl. Emrys Justin John, 18, Lance Cpl. Tyrone Miller, 20 and Pvt. Kevin Darnell Cox, 20, appeared before Riverside County Superior Court Judge Stephen Sillman.
http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S=9307340&nav=9ptCQJeA

UGH - Why are all these stories still so shocking. Totally Sad and Disgusting. *sigh*

How tragic and so heartbreaking.

They look like a very happy couple.

How could someone do this just to steal from another?

I just don't get it and I am glad I never will.

Bless their families who's lives and dreams have been shattered.

UGH - Why are all these stories still so shocking. Totally Sad and Disgusting. *sigh*

I don't know if there are more Marine murderers lately, but it sure seems like it.

ETA The victim worked with the perpetrators. He may have been a supervisor of at least one of them.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_...ooklyn_marine_sergeant__wife_tortured_-2.html

A Brooklyn-raised Marine sergeant and his new bride were tortured and killed execution-style in their California home - allegedly by four other Marines under his command.

Pietrzak's mother, Henryka Pietrzak-Varga, said she had prepared herself "for the possibility that my son could die in Iraq. But to die like this, in their own home?" she told The News. "They were good kids. They didn't deserve to die like this."

Investigators said the motive for murder was "financial gain." Neither mother believes that.

"When I found out what they did to them, it was like they killed me, too," Pietrzak-Varga said.

"She was our only child and my best friend," Faye Jenkins said. "He was like my son. He was so proud to be a Marine. But when he was off the base, he was my son."

Such a sad story. These four men are certainly NOT exemplary of the Marine motto. My father, a Marine POW, would be ashamed.

Such a sad story. These four men are certainly NOT exemplary of the Marine motto. My father, a Marine POW, would be ashamed.

My Marine son is infuriated over this.

You are right. These thugs do not represent the Marine Corps or their core values.

Marines protect Marines. They don't kill them. These criminals are no Marines.:mad:

Bless them.

Semper Fi!

It sounds like to me that these four had a grudge against one of the couple, or maybe both. Why torture them? I think maybe the robbery was an afterthought or an attempt to cover up a motive.

They were a very attractive couple and do seem happy. Such a shame.

I have read about this in the Daily News. It always says "financial motive." How muh MONEY could there be for 4 men to do this horrible crime? It's awful.

That is a sickening crime; i don't see how money could be the motive either.
It sounds like something else was the motive..
They could have done a number of things for money. To kill; rape; torture 2 innocent people.. that is not done for money.
The 4 marines under his command killed him; and it wasn't for money. That's B.S. perhaps they were jealous of him having a beautiful wife or had some hard feelings against mixed race marriage.

I'm with you MeoW, if they took money, ect. it was to make it look like a robbery. This was a HATE crime. I'm glad these evil people were caught.

I'm with you MeoW, if they took money, ect. it was to make it look like a robbery. This was a HATE crime. I'm glad these evil people were caught.
I agree completely, too!! I hope the perps are stripped of any military title, and sent to the harshest of jails where they'll remain for life! :behindbar

Bless the victims' families and friends, and may Jan and Quiana rest in peace.

I agree completely, too!! I hope the perps are stripped of any military title, and sent to the harshest of jails where they'll remain for life! :behindbar

Bless the victims' families and friends, and may Jan and Quiana rest in peace.

I'm sure the paperwork is already in the pipeline to kick these four out of the military and strip them of any pay or entitlements. They are also eligible for the death penalty.
And I hope they get it.

I hope all 4 of them get the DP. This is so horrible!

Salem

ITA dh is a Marine veteran. This is ridiculous.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2008/dec/16/1m16marines/?zIndex=23025

SNIPPED (more at link)
Four Marines might face death penalty in double slaying
By Rick Rogers, staff writer

2:00 a.m. December 16, 2008

CAMP PENDLETON — In a courtroom yesterday, prosecutors said they're considering whether to seek the death penalty against four Camp Pendleton servicemen accused of executing a Marine sergeant and his wife in October.

On the base, commanders are working to get the defendants out of the Marine Corps.

Pvt. Kevin D. Cox and Lance Cpls. Emrys J. John, Tyrone L. Miller and Kesaun K. Sykes are charged with shooting Sgt. Jan Pietrzak and his wife, Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak, on Oct. 15 in the southwestern Riverside County city of Winchester. They also are accused of torturing the couple, sexually assaulting Jenkins-Pietrzak and setting a fire to destroy evidence.

And here http://globalpolitician.com/25330-media-wikipedia-crime

I meant to say from what i have been reading (by happening upon this story whilst looking at another story !) it seems it was racially instigated.
The 4 marines are black. The wife was black The husband was not

The wife was also raped by the marines

One of the marines was nicknamed Pyscho http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Psycho-Enters-Plea-In-Marine-Slaying-Case.html

More here http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/us_..._Own_for_Money_or_Something_Else34097849.html

It just a terribly sad and horrific senseless killing and waste of young lives ALL SIX OF THEM.
The victims and the four that did this. They will either be put to death or spend most of their lives in jail. And for what ? Racism ? Jealously ? A few dollars ?

Mum speaks out here http://wcbstv.com/topstories/marines.murder.rape.2.859311.html

If they don't get the death penalty, don't let them ever leave prison. In the above article it says the wife was raped by "instrument", they probably tortured that poor woman.

I'm sure the paperwork is already in the pipeline to kick these four out of the military and strip them of any pay or entitlements. They are also eligible for the death penalty.
And I hope they get it.
I hope I will be seeing them arrive here at Fort Leavenworth soon (the bigtime military prison for those who haven't heard of it).

They took the money to cover the true motive imhoo. Torture? Something aint right with this story folks. Not to mention with the amount of "rankwashing" (that is what I call it) that goes on in the military it is not common to see lower ranking folks going around torturing their ncoic. I am sure this will go back to something that happened at or around the work environment. What a sad story.

btw, this is also akin to "fragging the toc" .... and you do hear about it downrange on rare occasions...

What a tragedy. My heart goes out to the victims families and also to the families of the that did this. I hope they all get death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back