1001 users online (144 members and 857 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    741

    Well, well, well, this should be good

    Ramsey’s on Larry King Live from Antrim County Following Lincoln Dinner

    At 9:00pm on Wednesday, May 12th, John Ramsey intends to announce his approach to job creation in Northern Michigan live from Antrim County, MI on Larry King Live. The broadcast will take place at the Stone Waters Inn in Bellaire.
    www.supportramsey.com

    Too bad, its LKL. LK gets on my last nerve. He should have retired long ago. I never was able to figure out what people saw in him.
    This is my opinion only
    This post may not be copied to any other forum

    God Bless America

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389

    Lkl

    We get that here. I'll be able to see it!
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara
    www.supportramsey.com

    Too bad, its LKL. LK gets on my last nerve. He should have retired long ago. I never was able to figure out what people saw in him.
    Kudos to John for fulfilling his mission in life to change the way we get our news. Oh, wait. He has not. That was just another lie in the string of them which John has uttered.
    "That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." -- Anne Elk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    514
    I've been waiting for this. I knew John Ramsey would use Larry King to promote himself again. And Larry King - not being the sharpest knife in the drawer - goes along with it.

    I'll watch and see what this current sham is all about.
    This post is my opinion.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks for the heads up, Barbara. I'll be sure to watch--with my trusty barf bag close at hand.

    imo

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by K777angel
    I've been waiting for this. I knew John Ramsey would use Larry King to promote himself again. And Larry King - not being the sharpest knife in the drawer - goes along with it.

    I'll watch and see what this current sham is all about.

    Wait, wait, wait. First you say that Larry King is not too sharp for allowing John the forum and then you say "I'll watch and see." Well, excuse me, but isn't that the idea? You just kinda went along with it yourself, didn't you?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by LP Moderator
    Wait, wait, wait. First you say that Larry King is not too sharp for allowing John the forum and then you say "I'll watch and see." Well, excuse me, but isn't that the idea? You just kinda went along with it yourself, didn't you?
    As will everyone else. Your post is just a little unfair don't you think?

    No matter what the world thinks of both Larry King and John Ramsey, we will ALL be watching. I dislike them both, but I'll be tuned in. I don't like watching the prisoner abuse photos or videos, but we want to know what's happening don't we? We continue to need to be educated, whether we like the educator/curriculum or not!
    This is my opinion only
    This post may not be copied to any other forum

    God Bless America

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,188
    No Barbara, I didnt mean it that way. What I mean't was that its Larry King's job to get people to watch the show. He has John Ramsey on the show because he knows people will watch it - and obvious it worked on at least one poster from here, right?. What about that makes him "not too sharp"????? And, so you speak for "everyone else" all the time?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by LP Moderator
    No Barbara, I didnt mean it that way. What I mean't was that its Larry King's job to get people to watch the show. He has John Ramsey on the show because he knows people will watch it - and obvious it worked on at least one poster from here, right?. What about that makes him "not too sharp"????? And, so you speak for "everyone else" all the time?
    Now now, no need to get so testy. I was not trying to be impolite; I was just commenting on the way I interpreted your post. I don't think my post was written in a way that would cause you to be angry enough to elicit such a response. It was not meant to be malicious, nor do I think it came across that way.

    As for Larry King, it is his producers, not him who are responsible for lining up the guests who will raise the ratings. I don't know whether he is a sharp knife in the drawer or not. My opinion of him is more due to his overall obnoxiousness and constant interrupting of his guests than anything else.

    No, I don't speak for everyone; but I felt pretty confident that everybody interested enough in this case to be on the forums, will likely be watching John Ramsey's interview on Larry King. Of course, I could be wrong but I don't think so in this instance.
    This is my opinion only
    This post may not be copied to any other forum

    God Bless America

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,188
    I'm not sure where you get the impression that I'm angry at all??? I simply stated a fact which you obviously misinterpreted and then I made an inquiry. No anger at all. I'm not sure what I must do in order to convey a simple question????

    How about something along these lines:



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    103
    I'm not angry, and I won't be watching that show. I don't have enough puke bags handy.
    All posts are my constitutionally-protected opinion.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389

    Larry King

    IMO, he is a "soft" interviewer. I'd like to see someone like Britain's tough-man political interviewer, Jeremy Paxman interviewing John Ramsey. He is notorious for asking hard questions and not letting up until he elicits a satisfactory answer. People either love him or hate him. Personally, I think he is brilliant.

    Quote from Jeremy Paxman:-

    ("I am always asking myself," he famously said, "why is this lying bastard lying to me?"
    Quote about Jeremy Paxman:-

    "His style is perhaps best represented by the now legendary interview with Michael Howard, in which he asked the then Conservative Home Secretary the same question - whether or not he had overruled the director general of the prison service - 14 times in an attempt to solicit a straight answer."
    Jeremy Paxman is soft with no-one and if there is anything remotely contentious about his interviewees, you can bet your bottom dollar he'll bring it up and not let it drop till the questions have been answered.....or the interview has walked out!
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389

    Wy

    Quote Originally Posted by Watching you
    I'm not angry, and I won't be watching that show. I don't have enough puke bags handy.
    Spare a thought for moi. I'll have to get up in the middle of the night to watch it - or I could maybe get my 81 year old mother to set up the video recorder for me :-) I have vcr-phobia.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    741
    "...And, so you speak for "everyone else" all the time?...."
    My response was based on this question in your post. Sounds, if not angry, then sarcastic at the very least. I did not intend to create a back and forth and start some sort of silly argument about this.

    My apologies if the initial question was not meant to be sarcastic.

    Enough of this tit for tat.
    This is my opinion only
    This post may not be copied to any other forum

    God Bless America

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by LP Moderator
    Wait, wait, wait. First you say that Larry King is not too sharp for allowing John the forum and then you say "I'll watch and see." Well, excuse me, but isn't that the idea? You just kinda went along with it yourself, didn't you?
    Larry King is, as another poster aptly put it - "a soft-interviewer".
    He lets guests get away with alot of garbage because he is either a whimp and isn't up to challenging them - or he is too ignorant of the facts at hand.
    Perhaps he should spend a little more time informing himself before he has a guest on?? I don't know. I've just never understood why he is so big. I don't get it. Guests USE HIM and go on his show IMO - BECAUSE they know they can spin without recourse. (Compare Larry King to his occasional host substitute Nancy Grace.... )

    Nonetheless - my point was that IN SPITE of all that about Larry King, I'll probably watch the program because I watch everything about the Ramsey case. I just think Larry King is a wussy.
    This post is my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast