Well, well, well, this should be good

Barbara

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ramsey’s on Larry King Live from Antrim County Following Lincoln Dinner

At 9:00pm on Wednesday, May 12th, John Ramsey intends to announce his approach to job creation in Northern Michigan live from Antrim County, MI on Larry King Live. The broadcast will take place at the Stone Waters Inn in Bellaire.

www.supportramsey.com

Too bad, its LKL. LK gets on my last nerve. He should have retired long ago. I never was able to figure out what people saw in him.

Barbara said:
www.supportramsey.com

Too bad, its LKL. LK gets on my last nerve. He should have retired long ago. I never was able to figure out what people saw in him.

Kudos to John for fulfilling his mission in life to change the way we get our news. Oh, wait. He has not. That was just another lie in the string of them which John has uttered.

I've been waiting for this. I knew John Ramsey would use Larry King to promote himself again. And Larry King - not being the sharpest knife in the drawer - goes along with it.

I'll watch and see what this current sham is all about.

Thanks for the heads up, Barbara. I'll be sure to watch--with my trusty barf bag close at hand.

imo

K777angel said:
I've been waiting for this. I knew John Ramsey would use Larry King to promote himself again. And Larry King - not being the sharpest knife in the drawer - goes along with it.

I'll watch and see what this current sham is all about.

Wait, wait, wait. First you say that Larry King is not too sharp for allowing John the forum and then you say "I'll watch and see." Well, excuse me, but isn't that the idea? You just kinda went along with it yourself, didn't you?

LP Moderator said:
Wait, wait, wait. First you say that Larry King is not too sharp for allowing John the forum and then you say "I'll watch and see." Well, excuse me, but isn't that the idea? You just kinda went along with it yourself, didn't you?

As will everyone else. Your post is just a little unfair don't you think?

No matter what the world thinks of both Larry King and John Ramsey, we will ALL be watching. I dislike them both, but I'll be tuned in. I don't like watching the prisoner abuse photos or videos, but we want to know what's happening don't we? We continue to need to be educated, whether we like the educator/curriculum or not!

No Barbara, I didnt mean it that way. What I mean't was that its Larry King's job to get people to watch the show. He has John Ramsey on the show because he knows people will watch it - and obvious it worked on at least one poster from here, right?. What about that makes him "not too sharp"????? And, so you speak for "everyone else" all the time?

LP Moderator said:
No Barbara, I didnt mean it that way. What I mean't was that its Larry King's job to get people to watch the show. He has John Ramsey on the show because he knows people will watch it - and obvious it worked on at least one poster from here, right?. What about that makes him "not too sharp"????? And, so you speak for "everyone else" all the time?

Now now, no need to get so testy. I was not trying to be impolite; I was just commenting on the way I interpreted your post. I don't think my post was written in a way that would cause you to be angry enough to elicit such a response. It was not meant to be malicious, nor do I think it came across that way.

As for Larry King, it is his producers, not him who are responsible for lining up the guests who will raise the ratings. I don't know whether he is a sharp knife in the drawer or not. My opinion of him is more due to his overall obnoxiousness and constant interrupting of his guests than anything else.

No, I don't speak for everyone; but I felt pretty confident that everybody interested enough in this case to be on the forums, will likely be watching John Ramsey's interview on Larry King. Of course, I could be wrong but I don't think so in this instance.

I'm not sure where you get the impression that I'm angry at all??? I simply stated a fact which you obviously misinterpreted and then I made an inquiry. No anger at all. I'm not sure what I must do in order to convey a simple question????

How about something along these lines:

mrpotato.gif

I'm not angry, and I won't be watching that show. I don't have enough puke bags handy.

IMO, he is a "soft" interviewer. I'd like to see someone like Britain's tough-man political interviewer, Jeremy Paxman interviewing John Ramsey. He is notorious for asking hard questions and not letting up until he elicits a satisfactory answer. People either love him or hate him. Personally, I think he is brilliant.

Quote from Jeremy Paxman:-

("I am always asking myself," he famously said, "why is this lying *advertiser censored* lying to me?"

Quote about Jeremy Paxman:-

"His style is perhaps best represented by the now legendary interview with Michael Howard, in which he asked the then Conservative Home Secretary the same question - whether or not he had overruled the director general of the prison service - 14 times in an attempt to solicit a straight answer."

Jeremy Paxman is soft with no-one and if there is anything remotely contentious about his interviewees, you can bet your bottom dollar he'll bring it up and not let it drop till the questions have been answered.....or the interview has walked out!

Watching you said:
I'm not angry, and I won't be watching that show. I don't have enough puke bags handy.

Spare a thought for moi. I'll have to get up in the middle of the night to watch it - or I could maybe get my 81 year old mother to set up the video recorder for me :) I have vcr-phobia.

"...And, so you speak for "everyone else" all the time?...."

My response was based on this question in your post. Sounds, if not angry, then sarcastic at the very least. I did not intend to create a back and forth and start some sort of silly argument about this.

My apologies if the initial question was not meant to be sarcastic.

Enough of this tit for tat. :truce:

LP Moderator said:

Larry King is, as another poster aptly put it - "a soft-interviewer".
He lets guests get away with alot of garbage because he is either a whimp and isn't up to challenging them - or he is too ignorant of the facts at hand.
Perhaps he should spend a little more time informing himself before he has a guest on?? I don't know. I've just never understood why he is so big. I don't get it. Guests USE HIM and go on his show IMO - BECAUSE they know they can spin without recourse. (Compare Larry King to his occasional host substitute Nancy Grace.... )

Nonetheless - my point was that IN SPITE of all that about Larry King, I'll probably watch the program because I watch everything about the Ramsey case. I just think Larry King is a wussy.

Barbara - I agree!! :blowkiss:

I can't stand Larry King personally, but I guess if he doesn't think that John is guilty of anything, then he probably thinks he's doing a good thing! All I know is that I won't be watching it!! ;)

LP Moderator said:
Barbara - I agree!! :blowkiss:

I can't stand Larry King personally, but I guess if he doesn't think that John is guilty of anything, then he probably thinks he's doing a good thing! All I know is that I won't be watching it!! ;)

I don't think Larry King knows nor cares whether he is guilty or not. I think Larry just wants ratings and he'll interview anyone who will bring them in. I think Larry would interview the devil himself if he agreed to be on the show. Of course, I'll be watching because I am admittedly addicted to anything Ramsey. Unfortunately, I'll be nauseated between watching the both of 'em

I just heard on CNN that the Ramseys will be taking viewer questions tonight on LKL. I'm trying to think of a good one to ask. Anyone else planning to call in with a question?

imo

Ivy..that's very brave of them. I'm thinking they may 'run out of time' though...maybe??

I am not brave enough to call, but will you use the name Ivy? I will listen out for you.

Brefie said:
Ivy..that's very brave of them. I'm thinking they may 'run out of time' though...maybe??

I am not brave enough to call, but will you use the name Ivy? I will listen out for you.

All calls are screened before they are aired. Even if you try to sneak something in on the call there is a time delay, short but a delay. Don't think for one minute the calls will be "live" and impromptu. The Ramseys wouldn't talk to the police during the investigation of their daughter's murder. I would be quite shocked if they truly took calls and questions from the general public. I'm sure it's already choreographed and well planned.

RST members may call. We'll see.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back