Thread: "HARD CANDY" who has seen this movie?

LazyCat08 is offline I may not be Glenn Beck, but I am a thinker......

Exclamation "HARD CANDY" who has seen this movie?

My husband and I just randomly watched it last night on demand......I can't believe I have never heard anything about this movie.......It stars a younger Ellen Page as a fourteen year old who targets an internet pedophile for her own kind of "justice"......definitely twisted and disturbing but very interesting indeed
    bhp

I've seen it. I didn't really like it at all. It was too twisted for me. But it was interesting nonetheless.
    Love never fails.

God gives. God takes. God's name be ever blessed. Job 1:21

Saw it long time ago thought it was awesome- I knew Ellen was bound for great things after that performance- I hope every pedophile rents it and ( by some miracle ) it scares them straight.... unlikely i know but I love those types of movies where those things you really wish would happen, do... ever the optimist I guess

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Socre8tv For This Useful Post:

I've seen the movie. I liked it so much that I bought the dvd (when it went on sale).

That was real payback. And I hope it makes the rounds of the dirty little movie houses where pervs go to watch their dirty little movies.

I have it on DVD.. I had just randomly came across it on HBO or cinemax one night.. and was rivoted to it.. It was very very INTENSE movie.. and very powerful.. Ellen Page was excellent in it.. I highly recommend this movie..

Quote Originally Posted by LazyCat08 View Post
    My husband and I just randomly watched it last night on demand......I can't believe I have never heard anything about this movie.......It stars a younger Ellen Page as a fourteen year old who targets an internet pedophile for her own kind of "justice"......definitely twisted and disturbing but very interesting indeed

I have it on DVD, Just watched it a couple weeks ago, I was shocked!!!! It was a good movie tho!!!!!! I thought for sure SHE{Ellen Page } was going to be the victem!! Im so glad it was the other way around, and she did get the truth in the end!!
    My Beautiful Precious , I miss you so much!

i watched it after coming across it on the in demand I get with my movie channels. It was good and intense.

harsh but EXCELLENT movie. I bought it on Dvd. Ellen Page is golden; Hard Candy gave me faith that she was the right fit for playing Juno.
    There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. ~Leonard Cohen

Awesome movie!!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to southcitymom For This Useful Post:

Hard Candy

Quote Originally Posted by Socre8tv View Post
    Saw it long time ago thought it was awesome- I knew Ellen was bound for great things after that performance- I hope every pedophile rents it and ( by some miracle ) it scares them straight.... unlikely i know but I love those types of movies where those things you really wish would happen, do... ever the optimist I guess
    Sickly enough, the guy who murdered Kelsey Smith cited it as one of his favorite movies...

I liked the Movie,it's where the Hunter became Hunted.

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Great movie! Another great "pedophilia in a movie" is Kevin Bacon in "The Woodsman". Fantastic movie, IMO!

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2012610841
    Last edited by OneLostGrl; 02-09-2010 at 03:45 PM.

I've seen it...that is one disturbing movie. Ellen Page is an amazing actress.

Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post
    Great movie! Another great "pedophilia in a movie" is Kevin Bacon in "The Woodsman". Fantastic movie, IMO!

oooh The Woodsman was so interesting. Hard Candy was great too!

Very intense... provoked alot of discussion... Have seen the Woodsman too with Kevin Bacon... Both disturbing and yet interesting.

Have any of you seen Little Children starring Kate Winslet... Pretty intense.... I recommend it.

PS... beware... some pretty graphic scenes and nudity of Kate winslet and a man.
    Last edited by J. Brannagh; 02-09-2010 at 06:43 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J. Brannagh For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by J. Brannagh View Post
    Very intense... provoked alot of discussion... Have seen the Woodsman too with Kevin Bacon... Both disturbing and yet interesting.

Have any of you seen Little Children starring Kate Winslet... Pretty intense.... I recommend it.

PS... beware... some pretty graphic scenes and nudity of Kate winslet and a man.
    Put it on my "to watch" list! thanks!

The book Little Children is great, too. I read it before the movie came out, and yet still love the movie. Usually that doesn't happen, and it's super awesome when it does

The book was written by Tom Perotta, who also wrote "Election," which I have not read but I incredibly love that movie, too...Reese Witherspoon and Matthew Broderick.

On a related note regarding movies and crimes, when Canadian serial killers Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka drugged and raped Karla's little sister (who died from that attack, btw), they watched the 1990 movie, "Lisa" while they waited for the drugs to take effect. That movie is about a girl who flirts with older guys and ends up attracting a serial killer. They also loved the 1988 movie "Criminal Law," and even changed their last name to "Teale," a misspelling/misunderstanding of the last name of the serial killer in "Criminal Law," played by...wait for it....Kevin Bacon!
    Last edited by flourish; 02-11-2010 at 01:03 AM. Reason: six degree reasons

Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to flourish For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by flourish View Post
    The book Little Children is great, too. I read it before the movie came out, and yet still love the movie. Usually that doesn't happen, and it's super awesome when it does

The book was written by Tom Perotta, who also wrote "Election," which I have not read but I incredibly love that movie, too...Reese Witherspoon and Matthew Broderick.

On a related note regarding movies and crimes, when Canadian serial killers Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka drugged and raped Karla's little sister (who died from that attack, btw), they watched the 1990 movie, "Lisa" while they waited for the drugs to take effect. That movie is about a girl who flirts with older guys and ends up attracting a serial killer. They also loved the 1988 movie "Criminal Law," and even changed their last name to "Teale," a misspelling/misunderstanding of the last name of the serial killer in "Criminal Law," played by...wait for it....Kevin Bacon!
    ohboy, I'm gonna have to check those out. Kevin Bacon plays some very thought provoking characters and I love that he and his wife are often in movies together.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to OneLostGrl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post

I think The Woodsman is a much better film than Hard Candy for several reasons. HC never quite breaks free from the play on which it seems to be based, nor is it particularly believable. Like most movies where perps confess under duress, all the Patrick Wilson character had to say was "I'm being harassed by this crazy girl who is telling lies about me, so I told her what she wanted to hear."

I, too, enjoyed the acting of both principals, however; I'm not blaming anyone for liking the film.

Woodsman, on the other hand, is a great movie.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post: