Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 163
  1. #1

    A Walk in Weleetka

    Taylor Paschal Placker and Skyla Whitaker were two young girls who were full of life and promise. They loved animals and they adored the stars of High School Musical. They were involved in cheerleading and sports at school. They had family and friends who loved them very much. One day on a country road near Weleetka, Oklahoma, their hopes and dreams were snuffed out. On June 8, 2008, an unspeakable crime was committed when these sweet girls were gunned down.

    A group of us came together here at Websleuths. We discussed, delved into, and cried over this crime. Skyla and Taylor have become our girls, the children of our hearts. On November 8, exactly five months from that fateful date, we made a pilgrimage to that lonely back road in rural Oklahoma and took that same walk that was the last walk of our girls on this earth.

    We did this, not only to honor their memory, but also to bring attention back to this case that seems to be slowly growing cold. We did this, because in expressing our love for Taylor and Skyla, we found love for each other.


    Here is the link to the video on Channel 8 in Oklahoma.

    http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/1108/568263.html


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    freedom
    Posts
    680
    That's beautiful Claycat. Thanks for starting the thread.


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaGiGi View Post
    That's beautiful Claycat. Thanks for starting the thread.
    You're welcome! We certainly have a lot to share!


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Claremore, Oklahoma
    Posts
    243
    Hello ClayCat, and GiGi..I hope everyone made it home safe with no problems. It was a pleasure meeting all of you, and yes, that was beautiful ClayCat. I hope the trip to Oklahoma was an enlightening one for all. Sunday, was a beautiful day filled with sunshine and warmth ..and its a day I'll always cherish and remember. Thanks..for giving me the opportunity to meet all of you !!


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    freedom
    Posts
    680
    MS I enjoyed meeting you and Momma. It was an incredible 36 hours for me. It just doesn't get any better than that. What can I say.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    70
    To those who traveled to OK--

    That is some awesome, awesome stuff you did to keep this case alive. I wish I could have been there.


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RPS View Post
    To those who traveled to OK--

    That is some awesome, awesome stuff you did to keep this case alive. I wish I could have been there.
    I wish you could have been there, too! We certainly don't want it to end here. We have already talked about the possibility of doing it again!


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing Sarah View Post
    Hello ClayCat, and GiGi..I hope everyone made it home safe with no problems. It was a pleasure meeting all of you, and yes, that was beautiful ClayCat. I hope the trip to Oklahoma was an enlightening one for all. Sunday, was a beautiful day filled with sunshine and warmth ..and its a day I'll always cherish and remember. Thanks..for giving me the opportunity to meet all of you !!
    Thanks, Missing Sarah! It was a pleasure meeting you and your mother, too!


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by RPS View Post
    To those who traveled to OK--

    That is some awesome, awesome stuff you did to keep this case alive. I wish I could have been there.
    Hi, RPS...anyone who has a strong interest in this case would have been overwhelmed - I was.

    An observation I made while driving to and visiting the site:

    The area is even more remote than what the maps indicate. The roads are rougher (gravel) and winding. We were there about 4 hours and there were vehicles traveling by about (on an average) every 10 minutes. To me they all appeared to be local to the community. Several were hunters and may or may not have been local - but, this is hunting season in Oklahoma. It wasn't in June. I think the traffic would have been less on a Sunday in June than on a Saturday in November.

    I said all of that to say this: IMO the murderer(s) were locals or at least familiar with the area.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,312
    Come Hell or High Water i will be at the next Walk in Weleetka. man guys.. he is so much better now. Why couldn't it of been a few days later ...boo hoo....

    Looking foward to pics & stories
    "This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them."
    Jaycee Dugard
    .


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    800
    To: Missing Sarah - you and your Mama are delightful. I loved meeting you and spending time with you. Thanks again...

    Hello to everyone else on the board. Glad you have made it home safely. I probably won't be able to go to bed tonight until Lauren and Keyboard get home safely.

    Getsmart - great news about DH and yes you will make the next walk!
    Last edited by Boots-OK; 11-10-2008 at 12:24 PM.


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by GetSmart View Post
    Come Hell or High Water i will be at the next Walk in Weleetka. man guys.. he is so much better now. Why couldn't it of been a few days later ...boo hoo....

    Looking foward to pics & stories
    We missed you so much! I'm glad your DH is better!


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Claremore, Oklahoma
    Posts
    243
    Hi Boots and all...Sorry about the gravel road, that was due to a mix up between me and Sheza. She met for me to take you guys down Coleman Rd,and I took Kelough Rd leave it to me to mess up. Mother enjoyed the day, and the attention. Thanks everyone for making her feel so welcomed. I know, I hope everyone has made it home, and telling all about the trip to their loved ones. It was nice meeting all the Plackers, I myself had only seen pictures of them, they seemed to have enjoyed all of us. I'll visit with Vicky again, she was somewhat shy, but then again ...I have a tendency to be that way myself.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing Sarah View Post
    Hi Boots and all...Sorry about the gravel road, that was due to a mix up between me and Sheza. She met for me to take you guys down Coleman Rd,and I took Kelough Rd leave it to me to mess up. Mother enjoyed the day, and the attention. Thanks everyone for making her feel so welcomed. I know, I hope everyone has made it home, and telling all about the trip to their loved ones.
    No, no MS - I wasn't complaining about the drive. I grew up on roads just like that. lol

    I'm actually glad you took us that way (I didn't know there was another one).
    It gave me a better insight and feel for the area.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    334
    To all, it was nothing less than a life-changing experience for me to travel to Oklahoma, meet every single one of you, and honor the memory of Taylor and Skyla. Thank you all so very very much! *hugs*
    In loving memory of Skyla Whitaker (1997-2008) and Taylor Paschal-Placker (1995-2008).


Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Weleetka Case Prayer Thread
    By KeyboardPlayer in forum Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Placker
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-12-2011, 12:18 PM
  2. Walk the Line
    By JDB in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2006, 04:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •