A Walk in Weleetka

Claycat

Inactive
Reaction score
Taylor Paschal Placker and Skyla Whitaker were two young girls who were full of life and promise. They loved animals and they adored the stars of High School Musical. They were involved in cheerleading and sports at school. They had family and friends who loved them very much. One day on a country road near Weleetka, Oklahoma, their hopes and dreams were snuffed out. On June 8, 2008, an unspeakable crime was committed when these sweet girls were gunned down.

A group of us came together here at Websleuths. We discussed, delved into, and cried over this crime. Skyla and Taylor have become our girls, the children of our hearts. On November 8, exactly five months from that fateful date, we made a pilgrimage to that lonely back road in rural Oklahoma and took that same walk that was the last walk of our girls on this earth.

We did this, not only to honor their memory, but also to bring attention back to this case that seems to be slowly growing cold. We did this, because in expressing our love for Taylor and Skyla, we found love for each other.

Here is the link to the video on Channel 8 in Oklahoma.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/1108/568263.html

That's beautiful Claycat. Thanks for starting the thread.

Hello ClayCat, and GiGi..I hope everyone made it home safe with no problems. It was a pleasure meeting all of you, and yes, that was beautiful ClayCat. I hope the trip to Oklahoma was an enlightening one for all. Sunday, was a beautiful day filled with sunshine and warmth ..and its a day I'll always cherish and remember. Thanks..for giving me the opportunity to meet all of you !!

MS I enjoyed meeting you and Momma. It was an incredible 36 hours for me. It just doesn't get any better than that. What can I say. :blowkiss:

To those who traveled to OK--

That is some awesome, awesome stuff you did to keep this case alive. I wish I could have been there.

That is some awesome, awesome stuff you did to keep this case alive. I wish I could have been there.

I wish you could have been there, too! We certainly don't want it to end here. We have already talked about the possibility of doing it again!

Hello ClayCat, and GiGi..I hope everyone made it home safe with no problems. It was a pleasure meeting all of you, and yes, that was beautiful ClayCat. I hope the trip to Oklahoma was an enlightening one for all. Sunday, was a beautiful day filled with sunshine and warmth ..and its a day I'll always cherish and remember. Thanks..for giving me the opportunity to meet all of you !!

Thanks, Missing Sarah! It was a pleasure meeting you and your mother, too!

Hi, RPS...anyone who has a strong interest in this case would have been overwhelmed - I was.

An observation I made while driving to and visiting the site:

The area is even more remote than what the maps indicate. The roads are rougher (gravel) and winding. We were there about 4 hours and there were vehicles traveling by about (on an average) every 10 minutes. To me they all appeared to be local to the community. Several were hunters and may or may not have been local - but, this is hunting season in Oklahoma. It wasn't in June. I think the traffic would have been less on a Sunday in June than on a Saturday in November.

I said all of that to say this: IMO the murderer(s) were locals or at least familiar with the area.

Come Hell or High Water i will be at the next Walk in Weleetka. man guys.. he is so much better now. Why couldn't it of been a few days later ...boo hoo....

Looking foward to pics & stories

To: Missing Sarah - you and your Mama are delightful. I loved meeting you and spending time with you. Thanks again...

Hello to everyone else on the board. Glad you have made it home safely. I probably won't be able to go to bed tonight until Lauren and Keyboard get home safely.

Getsmart - great news about DH and yes you will make the next walk!

Come Hell or High Water i will be at the next Walk in Weleetka. man guys.. he is so much better now. Why couldn't it of been a few days later ...boo hoo....

Looking foward to pics & stories

We missed you so much! I'm glad your DH is better!

Hi Boots and all...Sorry about the gravel road, that was due to a mix up between me and Sheza. She met for me to take you guys down Coleman Rd,and I took Kelough Rd :( leave it to me to mess up. Mother enjoyed the day, and the attention. Thanks everyone for making her feel so welcomed. I know, I hope everyone has made it home, and telling all about the trip to their loved ones. It was nice meeting all the Plackers, I myself had only seen pictures of them, they seemed to have enjoyed all of us. I'll visit with Vicky again, she was somewhat shy, but then again ...I have a tendency to be that way myself.

Hi Boots and all...Sorry about the gravel road, that was due to a mix up between me and Sheza. She met for me to take you guys down Coleman Rd,and I took Kelough Rd :( leave it to me to mess up. Mother enjoyed the day, and the attention. Thanks everyone for making her feel so welcomed. I know, I hope everyone has made it home, and telling all about the trip to their loved ones.

No, no MS - I wasn't complaining about the drive. I grew up on roads just like that. lol

I'm actually glad you took us that way (I didn't know there was another one).
It gave me a better insight and feel for the area.

To all, it was nothing less than a life-changing experience for me to travel to Oklahoma, meet every single one of you, and honor the memory of Taylor and Skyla. Thank you all so very very much! *hugs* :)

Thank you all for coming, I wish you did not have to leave!

I wish we didn't, too, Sheza! Thanks for holding my hand and walking with me!

Thanks to both you and Missing Sarah for guiding us around.

I love reading about all of you meeting!! Just AWESOME!!!

How wonderful! I wish I could have joined you all. I had chills when I watched the video. This is a very powerful testament to the impact Skyla and Taylor have had on all of us. Thanks to all who made this emotional trip to memorialize these girls and keep awareness of this case alive. Hugs to you all...:clap:matilda

I wish I did not have to leave either!! I love Oklahoma! You all are so wonderful, warm and friendly. I truly loved every minute of my trip. I loved meeting all of you. I could not believe I was actually there!

I will never, ever forget this trip. What a journey!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back