1166 users online (211 members and 955 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

The Placker Family

It is very important to me that all Sleuthers understand that The Placker Family surprised us by arriving at the Memorial and waited to meet with us.

They reached out to us - this, to me, was the most memorable event of the entire trip.

They were grateful, open and gracious. We exchanged many hugs and tears.

I felt we gave them a little ray of hope - that so many different people from so many different places cared deeply for these little girls - seemed to be very meaningful to all of them.

A commitment was made to Vickie: "We can't promise you that the guilty will be brought to justice - we can promise to keep these girls in our hearts and this story alive."

Boots, that is so beautifully expressed! You have brought me to tears again!

Quote Originally Posted by Boots-OK View Post
    It is very important to me that all Sleuthers understand that The Placker Family surprised us by arriving at the Memorial and waited to meet with us.

They reached out to us - this, to me, was the most memorable event of the entire trip.

They were grateful, open and gracious. We exchanged many hugs and tears.

I felt we gave them a little ray of hope - that so many different people from so many different places cared deeply for these little girls - seemed to be very meaningful to all of them.

A commitment was made to Vickie: "We can't promise you that the guilty will be brought to justice - we can promise to keep these girls in our hearts and this story alive."
    That just warms my heart. I am so proud of all of you. We need more people spreading love and compassion around to those who desperately need a kind word or a soft touch. How was Vicki doing? Is she holding up any better?

imoo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    That just warms my heart. I am so proud of all of you. We need more people spreading love and compassion around to those who desperately need a kind word or a soft touch. How was Vicki doing? Is she holding up any better?

imoo
    Thanks, Ocean...

I believe Vicki is slowly gaining strength. She appeared stronger than what she was in pictures I had seen of her a couple of months ago. She loves to give and receive hugs. Here I go again...sorry.

Lauren - CA is offline The purpose of life is a life of purpose. Robert Byrne
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post

imoo
    Thank you for saying that Ocean. Our only goal in going to the memorial was to pay our respects to two angels taken too soon from our earth. We were not seeking publicity for ourselves. Having the media there last minute to bring this story to the forefront was a bonus we never really imagined would come true.

We hope that we were able to bring some hope to the Placker Family. They are holding up as best they can. They shared some wonderful stories of Taylor and Skyla. They brought tears to my eyes but also joy to know how truly loved they were. I also wanted them to know there are good people out there. People that won't let these girls ever be forgotten. Never. I know for a fact that Taylor and Skyla will be with me every day.

This trip was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I feel so blessed about how everything turned out. What I do anything differently? Not a chance.

It was so nice hearing her tell a story about the girls and then smiling.........I pray that she is starting to heal.

I have to say one of our funnier moments on the trip was when we all went to the Roundup for chicken fried steak. We all ordered the exact same thing, except for the salad dressing. When our dishes came out, omg, we couldn't stop laughing, which I think annoyed some of the patrons. But you had to have seen the portion size. Can you say clogged arteries?

I also want to say that everyone was so friendly (locals). I never would have thought in my wildest dreams that I would have gone to Oklahoma, but boy am I ever glad I did. I have made forever friends. The bond we shared can never be broken.

You guys had me in tears watching you walk down that road -- one I've pictured so many times. What a wonderful group you are.

Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren - CA View Post
    I have to say one of our funnier moments on the trip was when we all went to the Roundup for chicken fried steak. We all ordered the exact same thing, except for the salad dressing. When our dishes came out, omg, we couldn't stop laughing, which I think annoyed some of the patrons. But you had to have seen the portion size. Can you say clogged arteries?
    Lauren~
    Just reading your post made me laugh again. Make no mistake about it, the locals were annoyed that we were laughing. However, when the first platter (I can not call it a plate) was sat down in front of Boots, (who could not have been any more of a lady, and a very classy lady at that) I lost it. She is the last person who looked or acted like she would order that much food. Her facial expression was priceless. Pure shock! I swear, I am still chuckling at the memory.

ttyl~
    Flossie

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    You guys had me in tears watching you walk down that road -- one I've pictured so many times. What a wonderful group you are.
    Thanks, Steadfast! (I've always liked the word steadfast!)

LOL! Lauren and Flossie, you've got me laughing again!

Thank you steadfast!

Yep, Lauren, we're BFFs now, aren't we? I agree that was hysterical when they brought out the CFS! The looks we got were priceless!
    In loving memory of Skyla Whitaker (1997-2008) and Taylor Paschal-Placker (1995-2008).

I have to post the photo so people will believe us!

Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    OMGosh, the picture says it all. You can not even see the corn. Can we count the gravy as a "dairy" since it is made w/ milk? Just a thought...........

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast