David Lohr Did Nothing Wrong

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with David Lohr.

Seems some Websleuths members are giving Mr. Lohr a hard time. Both here on the board and directly because they think he announced the search closing down too early.

Let me tell you. David Lohr did nothing wrong.

Tim Miller told Mr. Lohr about the search ending a while before the actual announcement. Mr. Lohr then wrote it on his blog but did not make his blog go live until Tim said it was time for the announcement. Whenever he types something in his blog, whether it goes on the Internet or not IT IS TIME STAMPED FOR THE TIME HE TYPES IT.

So, he waited until Tim was walking out the to press conference and Tim turned to him and said, "Go ahead and publish it. " Mr. Lohr then hit a button and the information was put out on his blog but WITH THE TIME STAMP OF WHEN HE WROTE IT. NOT WHEN IT BECAME VIEWABLE FOR THE WORLD TO SEE.

I would appreciate it if you all back off Mr. Lohr. He is a great guy and we are working with him.

If you feel the need to complain about this you will look like a fool.

And please, no one bash him on WS for this because he did nothing wrong.

Tricia
PS. Would the Websleuth member who called David on the phone please PM me? Thank you.

I have admired and respected this man for many years now. I trust his blog more than I trust the daily news we get on the tube. :clap:

Thank you for that!!! This guy is no slouch..He is an extremely intelligent and professional crime writer. I trust his judgement and what he says. Today was so disappointing and frustrating for so many people, emotions are running high and people are looking to cast dispersions where ever they may land!! The only people whose integrity should be questioned are the many people who said they were coming to volunteer and didn't show up. A commitment is just that and they should have said nothing at all in lieu of throwing out false hope. It is with those people that I will vent my frustrations, not the ones that are doing the best they can with what they have to work with. Thanks again for your defense of David Lohr..

I've been a fan of David's blog for a long time.

He gets nothing but kudos from me.

I met this man today and was proud to shake his hand. He is a person of integrity and it shows in his words.

I met this man today and was proud to shake his hand. He is a person of integrity and it shows in his words.

He is a good guy and I am embarrassed that any WS member would give him a hard time without knowing the facts.

Are the people making comments on his blog attacking him definetly from WebSleuths though? There seems to be weird things going around and people using others names so it is possible one of the people you have banned from here could have posted on his site as a member from here to try and cause trouble for this site :(

Are the people making comments on his blog attacking him definetly from WebSleuths though? There seems to be weird things going around and people using others names so it is possible one of the people you have banned from here could have posted on his site as a member from here to try and cause trouble for this site :(

From Tricia's post, sounds like someone from WS called him today.

From Tricia's post, sounds like someone from WS called him today.

Yea but what I mean is for eg I could phone him and say im Baznme from Websleuths when im not you at all ( if that makes sense)

Yea but what I mean is for eg I could phone him and say im Baznme from Websleuths when im not you at all ( if that makes sense)

Oh, I see what you mean. Well, it wasn't me........I was out in the woods with a about 9 other people.

Oh, I see what you mean. Well, it wasn't me........I was out in the woods with a about 9 other people.

Noooo I didnt mean you. I meant that as an example.

Grrr maybe I should shut up lol

I agree. He broke news. That's part of his job. I didn't get all the hullaboo about it...

Without going into details it was a WS member who called him.

I was told by someone else that there were a snippy comment or two about the situation here on WS. I have not read them and they may have been deleted or maybe they were never here. But, I do know there was an issue tonight with a WS member without a doubt.

David really enjoys WS and he was upset that anyone would think he would do something so crappy.

I told him I would put this post up to make sure everyone knew the whole story.

Ya know, if you are a member of this site and a true friend of the site, you should already know: you don't use your membership as your calling card for actions you take outside of this site, unless you are given permission by Tricia.

I'm shocked that people would be upset with David... especially from our forum. That is just plain crazy... and so disrespectful to David, someone that has been working their bum off on this case. (as well as other cases... David is one of the best compassionate and informing writers out there when it comes to covering missing person cases and criminal cases. )

unreal that somebody would call the guy! wtf is wrong with people?

It just seems that everyone trying to help out with Caylee's case is supposed to be omnipotent and when they fail to bring her home crisis falls upon their house. The person responsible isn't helping and neither are the people who surround her.

Of course David did nothing wrong. Neither has Tim. It is what it is....a very small person lost in the wilderness. I have heard more tales of tears falling than actually on the ground running. Do the work...be there...don't criticize and not the hand wringing and expect that helpful. It isn't. The people that are there know the obstacles and the what can be expected.

Thank you for clarification and an update on this Tricia.

It seems every time someone does something like this, they are recognized by what board they post on.

WS is not the culprits and it saddens me to see us being dragged down by all the rumors.

I stood tall today and took one for the team and for David. No, he did not do anything wrong. He is highly respected by many, many people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back