Here's that infamous "red jumpsuit"

DeeDee249

Reaction score
It was suggested that I post this link for all who may not have seen this photo. I had never seen it before either. There has been confusion in the past about the red turtleneck and the red jumpsuit. In PR's interview where she is shown photos and asked about these two separate garments, she is shown the red garment balled up in the sink in the laundry area outside JBR's bedroom. She identifies that as a red turtleneck. She is shown a second red garment, which she identifies as a red jumpsuit, which JBR wore recently when she performed with Amerikids at the local Mall. This item was, according to PR, laying on an ironing board in the laundry area and PR tells her interviewer that she saw that it was stained and made a mental note that she had to wash it when they got back (from their trip). She does not mention that the red turtleneck is stained nor why it is in the sink. I don't believe she was asked, either.
Here's the link to JBR in the red jumpsuit. Scroll down to see it.

http://www.perfectpeople.net/photo-picture-image/140935/jonbenet-ramsey.htm

UGH I havent seen some of those photos before - the UGH one is the one that has PR and JBR Christmas morning 1996and she is holding her TO her as in PR is pulling JBR into her and that smile on JBR is NOT natural its a forced smile - like LET GO OF ME you're hurting me smile

Don't you think ?

Lots of people think exactly that about that picture. It's like PR is forcing JonBenet to stay there. I've seen most of those photos before, but I had never seen the red jumpsuit photo. It looks like a private photo, not a crime scene or publicity photo, so someone may have had access to that photo somehow. Maybe someone whose child also danced with JBR that day at the mall. Interesting...we don't hear much from the other Pageant moms who must have known PR and JBR from the Pageants. Nor do we hear much from the moms of her dancing schoolmates or her classmate's moms.

thx again,Deedee,yes,Patsy's is a forced smile too,and her eyes seem red,as if she had been crying.a lot of us think Patsy had gotten upset over JB not liking the MyTwinn doll.
It doesn't quite show the whole photo,but Det. Thomas says Patsy is digging into JB's arm quite forcefully.

UGH I havent seen some of those photos before - the UGH one is the one that has PR and JBR Christmas morning 1996and she is holding her TO her as in PR is pulling JBR into her and that smile on JBR is NOT natural its a forced smile - like LET GO OF ME you're hurting me smile

Don't you think ?

I agree. Like Patsy is saying under her breath....HOLD STILL, and at LEAST ACT like you are having fun. If you enlarge the picture, you can see that Patsy's face is red, and her eyes swollen, as if she had been crying. Could this picture have been taken AFTER JB expressed dislike over the MYTWINN doll that she got for Christmas?

thx again,Deedee,yes,Patsy's is a forced smile too,and her eyes seem red,as if she had been crying.a lot of us think Patsy had gotten upset over JB not liking the MyTwinn doll.
It doesn't quite show the whole photo,but Det. Thomas says Patsy is digging into JB's arm quite forcefully.

I just posted the same thing that you did. That's what I get for not scrolling down and reading all of the posts before I say something.

Lots of people think exactly that about that picture. It's like PR is forcing JonBenet to stay there. I've seen most of those photos before, but I had never seen the red jumpsuit photo. It looks like a private photo, not a crime scene or publicity photo, so someone may have had access to that photo somehow. Maybe someone whose child also danced with JBR that day at the mall. Interesting...we don't hear much from the other Pageant moms who must have known PR and JBR from the Pageants. Nor do we hear much from the moms of her dancing schoolmates or her classmate's moms.

Yes, thanks again for posting the link to the red jumpsuit. I had never seen that picture before either.

Don't you think ?

Boy, you just nailed it.

that's what I think is most likely,that the photo was taken after a spat over the doll (or at least something that caused Patsy to become angry at JB that morning),and it may be that JR was trying to create a distraction at the moment by saying, 'come over and let me take a pic of the two of you'.

Thanks DeeDee for posting the red jumpsuit photo. What I'm in awe of is how blonde JonBenet's hair is.
The December sun didn't do that to her hair. Did Patsy color her daughter's hair or did they have it done at a shop. There is so much we don't know about this mother and daughter relationship.
But, a mom paying or doing it herself to color a little six-year-old's hair is just plain strange. I suppose it was to make her stand out more in the pageants.
JMO

I had thought jumpsuit meant it was an overalls sort of outfit,with snaps at the shoulders,seeing as the coroner had said he thought the marks on JB were from snaps on clothing..but I don't see any snaps on that one,unless they're in the back.

Thanks DeeDee for posting the red jumpsuit photo. What I'm in awe of is how blonde JonBenet's hair is.
The December sun didn't do that to her hair. Did Patsy color her daughter's hair or did they have it done at a shop. There is so much we don't know about this mother and daughter relationship.
But, a mom paying or doing it herself to color a little six-year-old's hair is just plain strange. I suppose it was to make her stand out more in the pageants.
JMO

Patsy bleached JB's hair herself. Her hair was naturally brown, in the younger pictures of her. She had darker hair, up until about the age of 4.

I had thought jumpsuit meant it was an overalls sort of outfit,with snaps at the shoulders,seeing as the coroner had said he thought the marks on JB were from snaps on clothing..but I don't see any snaps on that one,unless they're in the back.

IMO she wouldn't have had that jumpsuit on that night. Patsy may have just been trying to confuse the two...the red jumpsuit, and the red turtleneck. I don't know why she would have had to wash a stain out of it though. The red turtleneck was found balled up on the bathroom counter, maybe in reality, it was the red turtleneck that had a stain on it. Maybe urine? IMO the red jumpsuit has nothing to do with the night that she was murdered.

JMO

From what I read she coloured her hair AND made her wear colour contacts.
What sort of a woman does that to a 4/5/6 year old so she looks BETTER and SEXIER in a pageant

UGH

And lets face it Patsy was going for the Male nod from the Judges...

she certainly looks like she was wearing blue contacts in that red jumpsuit photo! her true eye color was said to be green.

IMO she wouldn't have had that jumpsuit on that night. Patsy may have just been trying to confuse the two...the red jumpsuit, and the red turtleneck. I don't know why she would have had to wash a stain out of it though. The red turtleneck was found balled up on the bathroom counter, maybe in reality, it was the red turtleneck that had a stain on it. Maybe urine? IMO the red jumpsuit has nothing to do with the night that she was murdered.
I don't think it did either,after seeing it.I had thought perhaps it might have snaps on it that for some reason closely match the marks on JB,since the coroner had said he thought they were snaps from clothing,and Patsy seemed to be trying to account for something on them.Unless she was just,as you said,throwing in extra time to account for it all;perhaps she was waiting on JR out get out of that extra-long shower,(LOL),seeing as she had said he'd heard her scream and was already partially dressed.

From what I read she coloured her hair AND made her wear colour contacts.
What sort of a woman does that to a 4/5/6 year old so she looks BETTER and SEXIER in a pageant

UGH

And lets face it Patsy was going for the Male nod from the Judges...
oh yea,I think it was the 'painted babies' series,where they showed they are trained to make eye contact w the judges and wink at them bf exiting the stage.

The red jumpsuit she is wearing in the photo I posted has nothing to do with the night of the murder or anything she was wearing that night. The only reason it was mentioned by PR ( and so discussed by us) is that she was shown crime scene photos showing BOTH the red jumpsuit and the red turtleneck and was asked about them by LE. PR stated in those interviews that the jumpsuit was not "street wear" and was a costume for performing. She said that all the little girls in the Amerikids Christmas performance at the mall wore that same red jumpsuit. Think of it like a dance recital costume. The fabric is similar to a Danskin leotard.
If the "abrasions" on JBR were made by snaps, they did not come from that jumpsuit, and she did not wear it that day. The last time she wore it (maybe the ONLY time) was at the performance in the mall with her Amerikids dance group.
JBR wore the black velvet pants and vest with the white Gap top to the White's. I haven't seen them, of course, but I can imagine both the vest and the pants (which were really jeans made of black velvet) had snaps. Too bad no one has photos of the Gap outfit from their girl's winter line, 1996. PR mentioned the entire outfit came from the Gap, was bought as a set, and that's why JBR wanted to wear the whole outfit together. JBR didn't want to wear the red shirt that her mother wanted her to wear because it was the white shirt with the silver sequin star that came with the outfit. Little girls that age LOVE sparkly things- if it were my daughter, she'd have wanted to wear the white sparkly shirt instead of a red turtleneck, too.

As far as her hair, I recall reading where PR's hairdresser claimed PR had asked her to highlight JonBenet's hair and she refused. She said she simply would not color the hair of a child. I don't know if PR ever found another hairdresser, or if she did it herself all the time.

JMO

PR definitely wanted a "blue-eyed blonde" to compete. She must have believed it gave her an "edge".

I went back to look again at her hair. Though PR used to tell people that the "hot Michigan sun" bleached JBR's hair that summer, it was obvious to all who knew them that JBR's hair had been colored. But she also wore falls and hair pieces in the pageants. Many little pageant contestants do. If you look at JBR's hair in school and family photos, it isn't all that thick. She has a bit of a natural wave, and PR did put curlers in her hair sometimes. But in the photo I posted, if you look at how her hair falls from the TOP of her head, and not also from the sides (over the ear) it look to me like it may be a fall or other kind of hair extension worn under that little red hat she us wearing. Of course, the sides/bangs are JBR's own hair. When I see JBR in pageant photos, it looks like her own hair is combed over a fall (hairpiece) and secured with a hair ornament or hairpins.
Back in the day (the late 60s) I had a "fall" hairpiece, too. I had long hair, but it was thin and I wanted it thick. I used to pull my own hair up in a topknot and fasten it over the hairpiece. If you looked at me, you'd think it was all my own hair because it was my own hair you saw. The hairpiece was in the back.

I don't think it did either,after seeing it.I had thought perhaps it might have snaps on it that for some reason closely match the marks on JB,since the coroner had said he thought they were snaps from clothing,and Patsy seemed to be trying to account for something on them.Unless she was just,as you said,throwing in extra time to account for it all;perhaps she was waiting on JR out get out of that extra-long shower,(LOL),seeing as she had said he'd heard her scream and was already partially dressed.

I still think that those marks were made from Patsy's rings. Do your rings ever turn toward the inside of your hand (palm)? Mine do all the time. A poster named wolfsmargirl, or something like that...posted a picture of a ring that she had that was almost identical to one that Patsy wore, and then she made a mark with the ring on herself, and it looked like what was left on JB.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back