Videos for download

why_nutt

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I recently installed a video capture system I am fairly happy with, and have begun the process of converting my Ramsey-case library of 8mm and VHS tapes into files I can view on the computer. I am turning them into very large high-resolution files because I have two very large hard disks for storage, but occasionally, I would like to snip them into little pieces and upload them for discussion purposes.

Toward that goal, I have created a test file. I would like everyone to try out this link:

http://s92053900.onlinehome.us/Court_TV_-_The_System_-_Smit_comes_in_the_window.wmv

The file is a Windows Media Video file. I have no idea what the range of computing power and operating-system use is among the forum members, but it would be nice if you all could tell me what your experience is when trying to view it. You probably will not get far just clicking on the link. Instead, I know that Windows users can right-click on the link and Save Target As to download the file for playing on your own hard disks. I understand that the equivalent for Mac users is to click and hold on the link and a menu will come up that lets you save the file. If more people than not can view it, I will upload more. If consensus has it that more people have trouble, I will move on to trying some other solutions.

This file is a little short of three megabytes in size.

Worked fine for me.

Bad journalism, there was a skip in the filming of Lou going through the window that made it seem easier than it was for him.

Bad policework, Lou didn't say if the piece of glass was tested to confirm it came from the window glass.

Lou's got an agenda.

BrotherMoon said:
Worked fine for me.

Bad journalism, there was a skip in the filming of Lou going through the window that made it seem easier than it was for him.

Bad policework, Lou didn't say if the piece of glass was tested to confirm it came from the window glass.

Lou's got an agenda.

You are correct in both observations. The choice was deliberately made to edit out a segment of Lou's journey through the window, and for no apparent reason. We can, of course, speculate that it was because Lou was having a difficult time navigating his way through the opening, thus accounting for why he can be heard to be out of breath when he lands on the floor. I cannot accept any potential explanation that "decisions are made, there is never enough time, something had to be cut," because there was ample opportunity to gain a few extra minutes by cutting out the useless footage of Lou driving his DeLorean and his van.

And you make a good observation about the glass-matching. There is a field of forensic glass analysis, so it can be done. It would be mighty embarrassing, for example, for Lou if the piece of glass did not match the window, but instead was shown to have been a piece of safety glass from a shattered car window, picked up by a Ramsey sneaker or boot when they were in New York City, where we have more pieces of broken car window than we do pigeons.

I couldn't get it to play on my computer. :waitasec:

Did Lou go thru the window in his underwear, like John said he (John) did?

IMO

Nehemiah said:
I couldn't get it to play on my computer. :waitasec:

Did Lou go thru the window in his underwear, like John said he (John) did?

IMO

What kind of computer do you use; what operating system? Did you get any error message when you tried to play the file?

Alas, no Smit scanties were on display. He approached the grate in a business suit, then one of those mysterious edits takes place and suddenly he is zipping himself up into a set of coveralls which we had not seen previously.

Thanks for this WhyNutt, this was painful enough seeing it the first time on Court TV. Poor Delousional, IMO, if an intruder tried to even go back out that window standing on a suitcase, the suitcase would have surely fallen over. It was hilarious seeing ole Lou shimmy thru that window tho. You can bet he left plenty of fibers behind, unlike the intruder.

ayjey said:
It came up fine for me too.

Brothermoon, what is Lou's agenda?

He falters at being able to discern Evil from Good. He would like to think his faith helps him in this matter. The Ramsey case takes Lou to a place of personal conflict that he has not resolved, probably having to do with parental narcissistic invasion of a child's sense of self, either done by him or someone close to him or done to him or someone close to him as a child.

If he proves the Ramseys innocent then his "inner event" is resolved by proxy.

It worked just fine for me.

I had forgotten how stupid this 'informercial' really was.
It may have been 'easy' to go down through the grate and in the window but unless you are the fabled 'hairless, naked, midget' there would have been plenty of fibers available as the front, back and arms of any garment were touching the surrounding areas.

The lack of common sense is stunning...

No problems here. It loaded and started playing within 10 seconds. Great quality too.

WN - if you are converting all the Ramsey video to digital, will you be uploading it anywhere? My son overwrote Tracey doc I with the Royal Rumble and it has never been shown here again since July 1998.

Jayelles said:
No problems here. It loaded and started playing within 10 seconds. Great quality too.

WN - if you are converting all the Ramsey video to digital, will you be uploading it anywhere? My son overwrote Tracey doc I with the Royal Rumble and it has never been shown here again since July 1998.

That is part of the reason for the tests. If things go as swimmingly as they have so far, it will be worth it to upload entire programs onto my web space for reference. If my old copy of Tracey I has not deteriorated in the meantime, I will make it available.

For now, I think the next clip will be Lou coming through the window as presented on NBC's Today Show. That demonstration was filmed and edited at a different time by different people than created the first clip, yet you will see they also chose to edit out Lou's navigation of the actual window opening, cutting from him kneeling in the window well to jumping out of the window entrance, with no illustration of how difficult it was to get his feet and legs from their place on the concrete floor of the well in through the window. Taken together, I would say these clips make it look even more unlikely that an intruder would use that entrance. You can see how Lou and his summer clothing just barely fit. Put him in a thick winter coat, heavy boots and warm gloves, and Ramsey defenders would have to explain why large amounts of fiber evidence were not found on the grate and window paint to account for someone having shoved themselves through.

why_nutt said:
I recently installed a video capture system I am fairly happy with, and have begun the process of converting my Ramsey-case library of 8mm and VHS tapes into files I can view on the computer. I am turning them into very large high-resolution files because I have two very large hard disks for storage, but occasionally, I would like to snip them into little pieces and upload them for discussion purposes.

Toward that goal, I have created a test file. I would like everyone to try out this link:

http://s92053900.onlinehome.us/Court_TV_-_The_System_-_Smit_comes_in_the_window.wmv

The file is a Windows Media Video file. I have no idea what the range of computing power and operating-system use is among the forum members, but it would be nice if you all could tell me what your experience is when trying to view it. You probably will not get far just clicking on the link. Instead, I know that Windows users can right-click on the link and Save Target As to download the file for playing on your own hard disks. I understand that the equivalent for Mac users is to click and hold on the link and a menu will come up that lets you save the file. If more people than not can view it, I will upload more. If consensus has it that more people have trouble, I will move on to trying some other solutions.

This file is a little short of three megabytes in size.

I did get it but not much of it...I only got LSmit coming in and explaining how one could get out ...(about 1 min worth) hum??? did I do something wrong or was this all that was to be seen?HELP? :doh:

Blazeboy3 said:
THANK YOU for the interesting demo...short but sweet! :confused:
Once I copied/viewed this, it was less than 1 min...it this the norm?

For that particular clip, yes. It is supposed to be 37 seconds long.

Lou Smit's attachment to this case is not rational.
Lou Smit want this case to be something it isn't.
Lou Smit needs this case to be something it isn't.

At one point in his video disertation he demonstrates how he thinks the garrote was used and says something to the effect that a parent couldn't do that to a child. Translate "parent" as God and "child" as either Lou himself or humanity in general.

Lou Smit can't accept a God that makes people to kill them. Even though that is what the Christian myth says. In the Ramsey case Lou sees what in himself he cannot accept. He, like all Christians, must have a God that is all good and therefore he must have some figure like Satan to carry the Evil. Lou needs the intruder like Christianity needs Satan.

It is Patsy that plays God by killing the child it creates. Patsy evidently even anticipated a resurrection as stated in the ransom note (100% chance of getting her back) and her dictate to Father Rol. Having failed at achieveing Victory! over death she settles for victory over her fear of death.

Lou Smit is transfering his Christian ethic to the Ramsey case and will refuse to see the Evil in the parents as he is unwilling to accept a God that is both Good and Evil. He will forever look to find "the intruder" in an effort to validate Satan and prove God as privatio bonum.

Today's project has been "JonBenet's America," the original British documentary by Tracey and Mills. During it, I watched the footage of the Ramsey family's 1994 Christmas. How interesting. That year, Burke got a large game; Talking Battleship. This was a version of the traditional Battleship game, with sound effects and a person announcing various military phrases. Of course, to play it effectively a person would have to be familiar with "countermeasures and tactics." I wonder if it announced "Victory!" to the winner?

Oh, and this further observation: Talking Battleship comes with a Secret Code Book.

By Jove, I think you've got it!!!!! You have my respect ... great sleuthing!!!!

ayjey said:
Brothermoon, what is Lou's agenda?
I guess the ramseys have found their new campaign manager. Remember my game of chance? O.K. with that in mind did you see Lou put his hand on the ground, smudge the window pushing it open, brush off paint chips sliding through, grind his clothing on the slide through, or slide his hand across the bottom of the grate, not to mention the hand sliding acroos the bottom of the window sill. How about all shoe prints he left catching his balance after the sliding through act and all the fiber and debree he would have left if he had actually then gone up to JonBenets bedroom and back to the base ment and then back upstairs to write a note. OK here's the bet. What do you think are the chances, that if nobody told the police about this little experiment, they could have come in right after Lou did his little acrobatical number and found NO evidence of someone having just come through that window? If you are willing to make that bet, I'm sure there are more than a couple of bookies that would love to meet you. Maybe the intruder was wearing a body condom the entire time he or she was doing the deed? Another bet? Or maybe the intruder was wearing the same clothes as the night before even though they had thousands of dollars worth of designer clothing in their closet. (S)ecret (B)attleship (T)alking (C)odes? You just might be on to something there "why_nutt"

Today's project has been "JonBenet's America," the original British documentary by Tracey and Mills. During it, I watched the footage of the Ramsey family's 1994 Christmas. How interesting. That year, Burke got a large game; Talking Battleship. This was a version of the traditional Battleship game, with sound effects and a person announcing various military phrases. Of course, to play it effectively a person would have to be familiar with "countermeasures and tactics." I wonder if it announced "Victory!" to the winner?

Oh, and this further observation: Talking Battleship comes with a Secret Code Book

Ned: Extremely interesting and constitutes further investigation. Be back....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back