View Poll Results: How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

Voters
502. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it is okay to have one without the family's blessings.

283 56.37%
  • I think the family should have the final say in any memorial, formal or not.

130 25.90%
  • I have no idea what to think.

89 17.73%
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    The States Attorney doesn't have the authority to appoint a Guardian Ad Litem (GAL) in a criminal case. Neither does the Judge. This is a criminal case; People of the State of Florida v. Casey Marie Anthony. What you are talking about is a probate case and guardian of the estate of a minor child. That is about property rights. There is also a probate case regarding wardship; guardian of the person. One can be a guardian of a person and an estate. So, there is no GAL in a criminal case.
    DCF DOES have the authority tho
    I have a constitutional right to my opinion and I am stating it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
    Sometimes, families need more time to accept and go through the grieving process before they are ready for this. We don't have the right to assume they would never do this for Caylee. I understand how everyone feels but I just feel strongly that this is a family right that supercedes our right to proceed with this.

I can respect that.

Although we may never agree, I definitely understand & respect your point of view about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Janis396 View Post
    The A's don't "own" Caylee. And since they will never have a memorial for her, I think other people who have come to love Caylee should. I would definitely attend.
    How do you know what they will "never" do?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    If anyone ever wants to hold a memorial service for me, I'd really appreciate if they'd wait until I was officially declared deceased, please.
    Darn! I wish you told us this yesterday!

I sure hope it's not too late to cancel the cake & flowers & balloons.
    Caylee Anthony = Victim

Cindy's 911 call: "I found my daughter's car today, and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car."

Quote Originally Posted by PaperMoon View Post
    I just watched an interview with TM where he stated that they did return to BP with side-sonar equipped boats, and that there is nothing there. He also alluded to LP's motives in going there today as being for publicity only.
    I find that strange, because I question WHEN he was there with sonar equipment, this time or the last time. I was there Saturday and there were no boats with sonar that I saw.

I guess this debacle really got to me today. I suddenly remembered the quote

"It takes a village to raise a child".

In this case, it seems it might take a village to honour a child.

'Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned/Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.'

Quote Originally Posted by Nosey Parker View Post
    Bolded by me. Have they suddenly forgotten how to use a telephone? Absolutely no reason to show up today except to deliberately cause a commotion in front of the cameras, once again. I'm sure they could have come to an agreement with LP if they had discussed it with him rationally, in private.
    The same can be said for LP... he couldn't have given a call to the A's beforehand regarding a funeral service for their granddaughter?

I believe that "rational" just isn't much of an option to the A's anymore, and how anyone can insist they act rationally under such a hateful, public onslaught and the despair of losing their only grandchild is beyond me.

...To avoid further scenes and violence, perhaps it would be best if everyone who felt the need for closure at this stage, quietly and privately tossed flowers into the water, or left soft toys, cards, etc., in what they consider an appropriate spot, as an expression of their love for Caylee.
    I totally agree with you that this would be far more appropriate at this time and under these circumstances. I can't help but notice that even here in this thread, in discussing things like prayer vigils and memorial services for little Caylee, the hatred and rage against the grandparents she loved has to be included.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge"
    . ~ Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Nosey Parker View Post
    I guess this debacle really got to me today. I suddenly remembered the quote

"It takes a village to raise a child".

In this case, it seems it might take a village to honour a child.

I think that about sums it up!

Quote Originally Posted by LI_Mom View Post
    Darn! I wish you told us this yesterday!

I sure hope it's not too late to cancel the cake & flowers & balloons.
    Are you kidding? Today's my 50th birthday - we'll just change the theme!

PARTY!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jolynna View Post
    If Caylee could choose, the Anthony's are the people she loved most in the whole world. Actually Casey was too.
    She never had a CHANCE to love anyone else. Her mom dragged her from b/f to b/f. This trainwreck of a family nefver deserved Caylee. They cared so much about her that they waiting for a MONTH before reporting her missing. That's not caring. They trusted an alcohol-drinking, irresponsible thief to provide for this child. George and Cindy KNEW what Casey was like and they ignored it - thereby allowing their grandchild to be put in danger. They failed Caylee as muchy as Casey did

I think it is safe to say, that even if Caylee's remains are found and the family has their service, that NO ONE outside of immediate family will be allowed to attend. My feeling is that this is the only way any outsiders would be able to memorialize her anyway. So, why wait?

I just watched the video of the clash today. I understand that the Anthony's are not easy to like. I see how they seem to be in a constant state of aggression and anger but what I really see is devastation. I believe that the Anthonys are so overwhelmed by loss that they can't face their grief. I think they have to be angry and combative in order to avoid that which they cannot face. They have truly lost everything. No aspect of their lives will ever the same. I am so sad when I see them. I'm not justifying any of their actions, but they certainly have earned my compassion.

Are you kidding? Today's my 50th birthday - we'll just change the theme!

PARTY!!!!!
    Hey, Happy birthday to you!
    Caylee Anthony = Victim

Cindy's 911 call: "I found my daughter's car today, and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car."

Quote Originally Posted by LI_Mom View Post
    Hey, Happy birthday to you!
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
    And what happens when she is found? Go thru it again?
    Why not? Maybe then more people could plan on attending.

Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    The juvenile court has authority over an existing and living abused, neglected or abandoned 2 year old.
    According to Cindy that is what Caylee is. CDF said she was at risk. Casey ABANDONED caylee when she left her on the landing of n unoccupied apartement.

Quote Originally Posted by Wine sleuth View Post
    I just watched the video of the clash today. I understand that the Anthony's are not easy to like. I see how they seem to be in a constant state of aggression and anger but what I really see is devastation. I believe that the Anthonys are so overwhelmed by loss that they can't face their grief. I think they have to be angry and combative in order to avoid that which they cannot face. They have truly lost everything. No aspect of their lives will ever the same. I am so sad when I see them. I'm not justifying any of their actions, but they certainly have earned my compassion.
    I think if Cindy doesn't get some serious help, she won't survive if they DO find Caylee. That woman is definitely imploding.

Quote Originally Posted by SUR View Post
    How do you know what they will "never" do?
    Because it benefits them more if Caylee is "alive out there somewhere" than if she's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by TURBOTHINK View Post
    But NONE of them are acting in her best interest in my opinion and I believe the court would find that also.

They all appear to have ulterior motives. Of course KC's motive is to keep the needle out of her arm and the Anthony's is the same, not to mention there is no money to be collected on a DEAD Caylee.

Quote Originally Posted by suspicious mind View Post
    I think it is safe to say, that even if Caylee's remains are found and the family has their service, that NO ONE outside of immediate family will be allowed to attend. My feeling is that this is the only way any outsiders would be able to memorialize her anyway. So, why wait?
    It also seems to me that the Anthonys have already held very PUBLIC "vigils" for her, so I don't think they have a right to suddenly demand the public NOT gather in Caylee's name.
    Caylee Anthony = Victim

Quote Originally Posted by Dolce171 View Post
    Quiet Your Hearts.......

and Listen

Just when I didnt think I had a tear left....
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

kaRN is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
    I read the question and answered without knowing any details of what was planned. I voted yes to a memorial service but did have to think about it. Good question!!
    I think a huge vigil is more appropriate than a memorial service and in a perfect world, the family should always have final say. But...
    This isn't a perfect world though and Caylee had a far from perfect family. Because of that, she became known to all of us, and loved by us in tragic circumstances. We have the right to grieve in anyway we see fit, just as the Anthonys have the right to hate us for it.
    Caylee deserved the best and never got it in life. If she has to get it now from strangers then so be it. Caylee is what matters, not LP, Cindy or us IMO.

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess

I think it's in poor taste and nothing but an attempt to gain more media and attention for LP.
    "Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come."
    - Kafka
    "Know the right moment."

What I type here is mostly my opinion.
    I really don't care if my opinions offend.

If anyone ever wants to hold a memorial service for me, I'd really appreciate if they'd wait until I was officially declared deceased, please.
    Oh, of course...but that raises an interesting question...who can have this child declared dead legally. I'm thinking even with a guilty verdict, the As will continue to believe Caylee is alive. Who can assume that role, if anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by impatientredhead View Post
    I think he is an self admitted media whore and this is a guarantee of coverage tomorrow, and more interview appearances. The FBI guy yesterday said he thought LP's only motivation was coverage. TM said today he was frustrated with LP and his media circus, that it was unproductive. The prosecution is asking for a gag order on this mess. None of this is helping. A search could have been conducted without all the press coverage in advance. TM says he was there with sonar previously, that didn't result in a media circus and the Anthony's on site. The whole thing is just so sad.
    Agreed.....and what is this nonsense about "working with the FBI" and the "FBI turning this BP search over to me" BS.

This dude needs to get real, and those that think he is doing such a 'great job' need to take off the rose colored glasses and stop being so naive.

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast