839 users online (92 members and 747 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    From May of 2007:

51-year-old Frankie Richard and 22-year-old Hannah Conner, both of Jennings, were booked Wednesday on second degree murder charges.
    This arrest is connected to the murder of Kristen Gary Lopez.
    Deputies say Lopez's nude body was found in a rural area of the parish in March of 2007.
    The investigation into her death did not lead to any arrests until now.
    Investigators say the names of the two suspects, whom are uncle and niece, have come up often in this investigation.

. . . Sheriff Edwards is now saying that Conner may also be connected to three other murders dating back two years.
    http://www.klfy.com/Global/story.asp?S=6527079

I wonder what happened with this?

And also from May of 2007
    http://www.klfy.com/Global/story.asp?S=6568824
    There is new information on the homicide investigation of Kristen Gary Lopez.
    Investigators have made another arrest. 31-year-old Tracee Chaisson of Jennings, has been booked into the Jennings jail, charged with accessory after the fact.
    Chaisson was interviewed on several occasions and was the person who reported Lopez missing.

Chaisson is the last name of one of the victims, right? But not the one she's been arrested about. I wonder how they're related? Also, this Tracee Chaisson got married this May to Dennis Egelston, Jr. http://www.jenningsdailynews.net/weds.php?id=32

I read an article...or something... that said Hannah was released and moved out of Jennings...possibly out of State. And that Richard was released and is now deceased. Thought I placed it under Favorites but can't find it...probably because half the internets there... will post link when found.

I do have the article but don't know if it can be placed here in due to copyright. Anyone know?

American Press (Lake Charles, LA) - July 31, 2007

Rape charges dropped Alleged victim drops complaint against man once suspected in Jeff Davis slaying
    JENNINGS - Rape charges have been dismissed against a local man who was a suspect in the death of one of four women whose bodies were dumped in rural parts of Jeff Davis Parish over the past two years. The charges were dismissed Monday against Frankie Richard, 52, of Jennings, after the alleged victim dropped her complaint. Richard was released from the parish jail shortly after 3 p.m. Monday. The charge stemmed from an incident that occurred earlier this year.

"Second-degree murder charges against Richard and his niece, Hannah Conner, 22, of Jennings, were dismissed in May after authorities received conflicting statements from witness Tracee Lynn Chaisson, 32, of Jennings."

and other of interest:

"Richard has been interviewed in three of the four cases because he was reportedly seen with the women in the final days of their lives. Conner was seen with Lopez in her last days, authorities said.

Manslaughter charges were dismissed earlier this year against two local men who were accused of being involved in the slaying of the second victim, Ernestine Marie Daniel Patterson, 30, of Jennings.

Byron Chad Jones and Lawrence Nixon were indicted last year, but the charges were dropped because of a lack of evidence."

Lopez's body was found March 18 by a fisherman in the Petitjean Canal near Cherokee Road, just off La. 99, about 10 miles south of Welsh. She was last seen March 5 and was reported missing 10 days later.
    Last edited by capoly; 11-17-2008 at 08:31 PM. Reason: add info

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I think they should also take into account while it could be family...it could also be a policeman or someone who works closely with them on these cases. The body being found on the way to the police shooting range is a huge clue, imo.

I wasn't aware of these cases and it is very disturbing to see the inability to close in on a perp when you have so many in a small cluster who are related in some way.

This fella was cleared but interesting.

Detective cleared

Truck he purchased from inmate linked to March slaying
    Author: DORIS MARICLE; AMERICAN PRESS
    November 27, 2007

Article Text:

JENNINGS - A veteran Jeff Davis Parish sheriff's detective has been cleared of wrongdoing in connection with his purchase of a pickup truck that may have been involved in the slaying of a local woman.

The finding follows a seven-month state police investigation of Detective Warren Gary's purchase of the truck from an inmate. ..............

Gary bought the truck from Connie Siler, who had been arrested on worthless-check charges, after she was released from jail on March 30............

State police investigators were unable to get a statement from Siler, who is now in Yuba City, Calif., according to the report. .........

Siler was interviewed as a "person of interest" in three of the four slayings of young women whose bodies have been found dumped in rural parts of the parish over the last two years. .......

Gary told investigators he bought the truck for $9,000, the amount he had available without having to take out a loan. He later sold the truck for $15,000 to a grant writer - the ex-wife of a state trooper in Lake Charles - making a $6,500 profit. ........

Cassidy said it was not until after the transaction and Gary's resale of the truck that authorities learned from a witness that the truck may have been involved in the death of Kristen Elizabeth Gary Lopez in March. A forensic exam of the vehicle was made, at which time potential evidence was retrieved from the truck. Lab results are still pending, he said.

I know there is another thread concerning these murders, but for the life of me I can't find it.

I find it very interesting that in this small area there has been 6 murders. The possible 7th found this past weekend. Is anyone familiar with the area? There are only a half dozen or so media news blips of these women being murdered and dumped.

This sounds like a serial killer to me, though I wonder if the last young woman found this past week was a victim of opportunity. It has been said she was a family member to one of the other victims. I wonder if she may have known her killer.
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryLife View Post
    I know there is another thread concerning these murders, but for the life of me I can't find it.

I find it very interesting that in this small area there has been 6 murders. The possible 7th found this past weekend. Is anyone familiar with the area? There are only a half dozen or so media news blips of these women being murdered and dumped.

This sounds like a serial killer to me, though I wonder if the last young woman found this past week was a victim of opportunity. It has been said she was a family member to one of the other victims. I wonder if she may have known her killer.
    Here it is......darn forget the thread title has Jennings in it for sure

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74807

Quote Originally Posted by capoly View Post
    Here it is......darn forget the thread title has Jennings in it for sure

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74807

Thank you so much, Capoly. I'm going to be scoping out this over the next few days. I cannot help,but wonder if there have been more murdered women that have not been linked to these over the last few years. Worth checking out, I think.
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

So are the uncle and niece in any way related to the victims? I know the article just mentions they were in the drug ring.
    Hi SS; it said in another article that the uncle and niece were arrested on charges of one murder and then the charges were dropped; everyone of the victims knew the Gary family..

"Every one of the victims is connected to the Gary family in some way, and Teresa Gary said they knew all of them. The second victim, Ernesteine Marie Daniel Patterson, was one of Teresa Gary's employees at Wendy's."
    http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/2...WS01/811160323

(being it's a smaller town; most people likely know each other in one way or another. yet that should also make it easier for LE to solve..)

Detective cleared

November 27, 2007

Article Text:

JENNINGS - A veteran Jeff Davis Parish sheriff's detective has been cleared of wrongdoing in connection with his purchase of a pickup truck that may have been involved in the slaying of a local woman.

The finding follows a seven-month state police investigation of Detective Warren Gary's purchase of the truck from an inmate. ..............

Gary bought the truck from Connie Siler, who had been arrested on worthless-check charges, after she was released from jail on March 30............

State police investigators were unable to get a statement from Siler, who is now in Yuba City, Calif., according to the report. .........

Siler was interviewed as a "person of interest" in three of the four slayings of young women whose bodies have been found dumped in rural parts of the parish over the last two years. .......

Gary told investigators he bought the truck for $9,000, the amount he had available without having to take out a loan. He later sold the truck for $15,000 to a grant writer - the ex-wife of a state trooper in Lake Charles - making a $6,500 profit. ........

Cassidy said it was not until after the transaction and Gary's resale of the truck that authorities learned from a witness that the truck may have been involved in the death of Kristen Elizabeth Gary Lopez in March. A forensic exam of the vehicle was made, at which time potential evidence was retrieved from the truck. Lab results are still pending, he said.
    This article is really interesting. Why would a detective buy a truck off a woman who just got out? Some kind of bargain going on there? Especially after he resells it for $6500.00!
    Also; the detective's last name is Gary; any relation to Brittany or the other women who have turned up missing?
    Maybe someone in the local police department has watched too much 'Dexter' or something..
    How can such a small town be in denial of serial murders and not arrest anyone or come up with any decent leads? Maybe it's someone behind the badge doing the killings.

Quote Originally Posted by mahmoo View Post
    This article has some additional information about these murders http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...NTPAGECAROUSEL

From above article (bolding mine):
    Patterson was the only official homicide until this year when LaConia "Muggy" Brown, 23, was found in the middle of a gravel road on the city/parish border just hours after she was last seen.

She was doused in bleach but died from what Edwards said was a slit throat. The gravel road leads to a police shooting range, guaranteeing that a police officer would find the body.
    I am just catching up on this story, but when I saw the bolded information that mahmoo had posted, I already had the same idea that Meow just mentioned - someone in LE is involved. Not sure why, but that thought just screamed inside my head. This is obviously a serial killer case, yet LE is in denial!!!!???? That in itself is suspicious and should be investigated. Something stinks here.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    hey REEE! I completely agree with what you said above. Also, perhaps we should look at other "connections" these women may have had besides familyl/friends. This is a strange one indeed!

Local officers keep close eye on Jefferson Davis Parish killings

Rapides Parish

He was the detective called out when "Jane Doe" was found on the side of Interstate 49 near the Lena exit. Her badly decomposed body has not been identified, nor her cause of death determined.
    http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/2...WS01/811160324

Couple of items I found on Topix:
    http://www.topix.com/forum/city/jenn...AHR3961TQE8UNB
    Brittany Jones
    Opelousas, LA
    #2 Jul 20, 2007

I am the sister of Whitnei Dubois, and I would like to first and foremost thank the person who was brave enough to speak up and make this comment. I have a very hard time myself believing that in a small town like Jennings, it is near impossible to solve 4 murders of four women. In my opinion, if these women would have been the daughters of elected officials or some of our higher class citizens of Louisiana, then maybe the job would have gotten done. Let's not forget that these girls lived very troubled lives and no one knew what they went through or what they were going through. My sister was a good person, who had just recently gotten caught up in an unhealthy lifestyle that unfortunately cost her her life. She was also the mother of a 5 yr old daughter who will never again get to see her "mommy". Now if anyone could have been the one who had to tell her on MOTHER'S DAY that her mother was not coming home or if you had to hold her as the tears rolled down her face as we put her mother into the ground then maybe people in this community would be more understanding to this tragedy.
    The above post is date 2007......This next one (also from above link) doesn't have the year but I'm pretty sure it's 2008:
    Kirk Menard
    “Licensed Private Investigator”
    Jennings, Louisiana
    #3 Sunday Oct 19

We have just opened an investigation independently of any law enforcement investigation. Since we are not law enforcement officials, we have more leeway in questioning and obtaining answers to many unanswered questions. Due to confidentiality, we cannot disclose our clients but we can say that we are receiving alot more information in our first day of this investigation than they have received since the beginning of the law enforcement investigation.
    Another post by PI.....his response when another poster asked how it was going.
    Kirk Menard
    #8 Wednesday Nov 12

It's going good. We have some leads that we've turned over to several law enforcement agencies and we are still working night and day on this.
    This is another Topix link:
    http://www.topix.com/city/jennings-l...ff-davis-canal

A poster at Topix asked PI (Menard) if local LE needed to request additional assistance......Menard replied and then I quoted him and asked the questions below......he hasn't posted a reponse as of yet.
    Mahmoo
    Lafayette, LA
    #3Sunday
    Kirk Menard wrote:
    They can and the FBI has been called in to assist but they can only do so much with the evidence they are given (hint hint)
    Any chance you can expound on the "hint hint" part? Not sure if you mean local LE doesn't have much evidence to give or they are just hesitant to turn over what they do have.

What happened with the arrest (connected to the murder of Kristen Gary Lopez) of
    51-year-old Frankie Richard and 22-year-old Hannah Conner in May 2007? Is Richard still alive? Is Conner still in the state?
    Everyone sees who you appear to be ... few really know who you are.

November 27, 2007

~snip~

Now what kind of detective has 9 grand just laying around the house?! I have known many detectives. They drove older cars and lived less than luxurious lifestyles. This seems very odd to me. What does he do as a side job?
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Detective cleared

November 27, 2007

Article Text:

Post snipped a bit........Wow, glad you found this article.......has my hinky meter going crazy!! What a coincidence is all I can say.

I'm also wondering why the latest victim, Brittney Gary, was walking alone at dark (last seen at 5:30 pm).....especially in light of the other murders not to mention the fact she had told her mother she was afraid .

As for the body that was found in the middle of the road on the way to the police shooting range.........sounds like whoever is doing this is taunting LE big time.

Now what kind of detective has 9 grand just laying around the house?! I have known many detectives. They drove older cars and lived less than luxurious lifestyles. This seems very odd to me. What does he do as a side job?
    Good point SS........plus, Jennings is just a little podunk town for the most part........I doubt the pay is very high.

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast