Understanding the Anthony family

Gram2

Former Member
Reaction score
I would really like to understand the Anthony family. If I understood them, maybe I wouldn't have these ambivalent feelings.

Why do they think Caylee is alive?
Why won't Casey tell the truth?
George smelled decomp in the car, why don't they think it was Caylee?
If Casey was a bad daughter, why wouldn't she be a bad mother?

If I knew more info, maybe it would change my feelings --- or maybe not. I don't know anymore. Why the secrets?

Good questions. Who did George think was in the trunk? Anyone else missing???

I do not think the A's believe she is alive. I think if they say it out loud the hope will be gone. They are not ready to let go of the hope....

I would really like to understand the Anthony family. If I understood them, maybe I wouldn't have these ambivalent feelings.

Why do they think Caylee is alive? Because it benefits them more if she is "alive out there somewhere" than if she is dead.
Why won't Casey tell the truth? Because she IS a spiteful b*tch.
George smelled decomp in the car, why don't they think it was Caylee? He does know it was Caylee, but see question #1 above.
If Casey was a bad daughter, why wouldn't she be a bad mother? She was both, but Cindy doesn't want the rest of the world to know that.

If I knew more info, maybe it would change my feelings --- or maybe not. I don't know anymore. Why the secrets?

Those are my opinions on your questions.

No one can understand their thinking who is of sane mind. That is why everyone is having such a hard time. There are a few here, who have lived with people like them and they seem to have the best perspective on their thinking patterns.

The entire family seem to be pathological in their lying. They all can tell a lie with a straight face, and convincing actions. That is the first clue I had when watching them in the beginning. That has to be where KC learned to lie so well and learned how to turn it around anytime she was caught to make it appear as if she was still right. That is what she learned. I have watched Cindy do it so many times on TV.

CA will tell one thing, then when caught in it blame someone else for it. KC learned at her mother's knee.

I also watch very sexually suggestive behaviors yesterday with CA and Rob. She was most inappropriate and I must now assume that is how she manipulates men also. That KC learned at her mother's knee. I questioned CA's behaviors with Baez one time, but dismissed it........After that display yesterday, I am convinced KC is just like CA.

KC is the one who killed her daughter, but it appears to me she learned all these lessons and the manipulation she uses from CA.

Why do they think Caylee is alive?
Why won't Casey tell the truth?
George smelled decomp in the car, why don't they think it was Caylee?
If Casey was a bad daughter, why wouldn't she be a bad mother?

Psychology is not an exact science. I don't think there will be much understanding of the A family dynamics anytime soon. We all have our theories, based on our life experiences, but theories are all they are.
Lanie

Did anyone else catch CA use the word "grieving" on GMA?

I think they 100% know KC did it and it was an accident of sedatives.

They dont want to lose her as well so they are fighting to perpetuate that she is still out there to sway the potential jury pool.

W/O KC talking and a body they have a chance of KC serving a number of years only and no stigma, they can all be "victims'

Ok, I think KC gave them a story that they could believe Caylee is alive. I think they know a body was in the trunk, but they have doubt it was Caylee. JMO I think that the forensic report did not say clearly enough for them that Caylee was dead. Any wording that gives even a little hope is enough for a Grandmother or Grandfather to hold on to. I could be wrong, but they keep saying "there is more to this story" and I believe KC did in fact give them more of a story and we will hear it at trial. I am not saying one way or the other it is true, just that is what I think. I look at that picture of Caylee and if there were the slightest hope she was alive, I would hold onto it with all my might. Not condoning anything actions, just my opinion. Some times hope is all you have, but it is something to hold onto when you can't hold your granddaughter anymore.

Someone is giving them false hope. They've been lied to by their daughter and a few others that seem to want to keep the hope alive that she will mysteriously turn up somewhere.

They need to stop and make a list of all the reasons they don't have for believing she will ever return to them. I see the pain in them and my heart goes out to them but they need to face the reality at some point. It's not for KC, not even for themselves, but for their grandaughter. I'm not trying to be mean or seem callous to their feelings but, it seems that each day they are in denial, it's one more day Caylee cannot have the proper acknowledgement or cooperation needed to get her found and laid to rest properly. IMO only.

Originally Posted by Gram2

Why do they think Caylee is alive? Because it benefits them more if she is "alive out there somewhere" than if she is dead.
Why won't Casey tell the truth? Because she IS a spiteful b*tch.
George smelled decomp in the car, why don't they think it was Caylee? He does know it was Caylee, but see question #1 above.
If Casey was a bad daughter, why wouldn't she be a bad mother? She was both, but Cindy doesn't want us to know that.

Those are my opinions on your questions.
(in red)

Exactly, Janis.

Gram2, one important key you didn't mention is CINDY. George DOES know it was Caylee in the car. He said as much in his police statements. He is now playing it CINDY's way. She wants everyone to believe Caylee is alive, so George plays along to keep "peace" in the family :rolleyes: and to protect himself from Cindy's wrath.

Casey won't admit to anything because it's not in her best interest to be a child killer/seller/whatever and because she doesn't know how to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. It also is in her best interest (she thinks) to face trial and hope the jury finds her innocent.

Lee is distancing himself as much as possible from the circus now.

As for George and Cindy, it's must easier to go on with their lives believing (or pretending to believe) Caylee is alive than to admit their precious, beautiful little granddaughter is dead at the hands of her mother, C&G's very own daughter.

Death of a child is a terrible reality, but murder of that child is even more horrifying and certainly a thousand times more difficult to live with.

It really is one for the record books. Even the prosecutors, who've seen pretty much everything, are aghast. Here's a bit from the link re: the gag order:

"...In the motion, Ashton cited Orlando Sentinel stories and a news release from Anthony's defense team. He writes that Anthony's family has used the "pulpit" of their search for Caylee to comment about evidence and motives in prosecution. The family contends Caylee is alive.

"In twenty-eight years of criminal prosecution . . . the undersigned has never witnessed such a shameless attempt to sway public sentiment," Ashton wrote.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/florida/orl-caseygag0708nov07,0,6003181.story?track=rss

I tried for a long time to believe Caylee was out there somewhere, and that her mother didn't kill her.

I stopped believing that long ago, though.

After almost 4 months of following this case, and hearing GA last week in his interview, seeing how he actually got sick, just thinking about the odor in that car, it is time.

He needs to sit CA down, and explain to her that it was NOT pizza in that trunk. I can understand his reason on July 15th to tell her it was pizza. But now it is time to have that talk with her.

They are broken, and the world around them fell apart. I can see how they don't want to go where this will take them. I get that. Their daughter, whom they love, will never admit what happened, but they need to. Then they can grieve for that little girl that they loved so much, and begin to heal.

(in red)

Exactly, Janis.

Gram2, one important key you didn't mention is CINDY. George DOES know it was Caylee in the car. He said as much in his police statements. He is now playing it CINDY's way. She wants everyone to believe Caylee is alive, so George plays along to keep "peace" in the family :rolleyes: and to protect himself from Cindy's wrath.

Casey won't admit to anything because it's not in her best interest to be a child killer/seller/whatever and because she doesn't know how to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. It also is in her best interest (she thinks) to face trial and hope the jury finds her innocent.

Lee is distancing himself as much as possible from the circus now.

As for George and Cindy, it's must easier to go on with their lives believing (or pretending to believe) Caylee is alive than to admit their precious, beautiful little granddaughter is dead at the hands of her mother, C&G's very own daughter.

Death of a child is a terrible reality, but murder of that child is even more horrifying and certainly a thousand times more difficult to live with.

There ya go, Gram2. All in a neat little package. It's not pretty, but it's the A's.

I watched Drew Peterson being interviewed by Dr. Phil on tv yesterday. I'm one of the rare people who didn't follow the DP case because I was in the Gulf in the months covering the media frenzy. I only knew that he was a prior cop/det. suspected of making his young wife 'disappear' and that he was quite glib and oddly arrogant for one so persecuted by his own hometown.

By contrast, I have followed the KC A story from "day 1" because the first thing I heard was the 911 call where CA wanted to turn "someone" in for stealing money, her car....oh, and oh yeah....she also had a missing toddler to report once the money issue was resolved. I honestly had my first "WTF?" A-team moment the very first day I heard of this case. Who the he!! reports a missing kid as a side-note, and how could a kid be missing for "31 days" before reporting it???

A reporter who had over 200 hours of interviews with DP stated on Dr. Phil that in his opinion DP loved the limelight. That DP would be willing to be portrayed as a monster so long as he lived in infamy as a monster. I see this in Scott Peterson, that VanDerSloot punk who killed Natalee Holloway, and KC A in this case. They are incapable of empathy and are so self-absorbed that any attention for them is good attention.

Scary is that these "every-day looking" sociopaths live amongst us probably in far greater numbers than we know. Not all of them are put in a situation where they would resort to killing to make their lives more convienient, many are protected by their families who spend their lives covering the tracks of their shame. I think the problem with the Anthony family is the same problem plaguing the VanDerSloot, DP and SP families. They have a sicko in their camps, and the apples really don't fall far from the tree.

I would think it would be easier to accept the truth and go on. There must be some reason, whatever it is, that they deny that she's dead. It hurts to see how this is affecting them.

I would think it would be easier to accept the truth and go on. There must be some reason, whatever it is, that they deny that she's dead. It hurts to see how this is affecting them.

If she is dead..........they have NO MONEY and NO notoriety. Both of which they NEED and WANT.

ok is all i can say is "good luck" like leonard said if you can figure out cindys way thinking you when the prize.

I think the crooks at the Kid finder network are stringing them along to use them so they get publicity. JMO

The entire family seem to be pathological in their lying.
They all can tell a lie with a straight face, and convincing actions.
That is the first clue I had when watching them in the beginning.
That has to be where KC learned to lie so well and learned how to turn it around anytime she was caught to make it appear as if she was still right.

That is what she learned. I have watched Cindy do it so many times on TV.

CA will tell one thing, then when caught in it blame someone else for it. KC learned at her mother's knee.
**Respectfully snipped**:)
These things the scariest of all, I have never, ever seen or heard of someone/people doing this.
And it does not stop......even when confronted with the truth, ie: evidence they continue on with this same BS. You would think at some point they would get tired of the charade but no. They continue and it's not helping them or that fool they raised. They should get somewhere and be quiet now.

I think the crooks at the Kid finder network are stringing them along to use them so they get publicity. JMO

Hey, that's KC's future vocation you're talking about! :rolleyes:

ETA: Personally I think she's overqualified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back