CA CA - Donald Izzett, 19, San Francisco, 14 May 1995

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Posted by Vask

Some of the stats are off, but I came across these, and I'm unsure if Grateful Dead Doe's hair color is natural red or dyed. I'm getting conflicting info from different sites.

USMDa5207910c1.jpg
NCMU400037c1.jpg

DONALD LEE IZZETT, JR.

Missing since May 14, 1995 from Cumberland, Allegany County, Maryland.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: November 5, 1975
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'2"; 180 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes.
* Dentals: Available
* Other: DNA available

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1183dmmd.html

The Charley Project lists his date missing as being in July though.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...tt_donald.html
progress.gif

I think the hairline is off on this one and the eyebrows are too heavy. What is hard for me is that we have 2 different sketches of Jason Doe and the sketches don't look anything alike. I wish we had morge pictures.

Salem

I called Maryland regarding Donald. The gentleman that answered the phone said that if the Grateful Doe was in the NCIC database, than Donald would automatically be compared. Donald is in the database, but I don't think Grateful Doe is and I have a hard time reaching those folks in Virginia.

I'll try again to see if Grateful Doe might be entered as of yet.

Salem

Grateful Doe has been entered into the database BUT I'm not trusting that a match would come up automatically. I'm thinking an LE officer needs to specifically request that the data be compared?

I don't know - anyone else know?

Salem

I have submitted Donald as a possible match. Cross your fingers. The height is off by quite a bit, but you never know.

Salem

Hello, I thought Izzett was ruled out a long time ago? I don't recall where I read that though...Maureen

Hello, I thought Izzett was ruled out a long time ago? I don't recall where I read that though...Maureen

He was kinda ruled out - but not to my satisfaction so I thought I would try running him by LE one more time. When I get an official answer, then he can really be ruled out :)

Salem

I'll cross my fingers-maybe this is what we have all been working for. Thank you, Salem, for the work that you do...Maureen

I know this is an old thread but I have been reading through some old ones to see who has been ruled out and who hasn't. Anyway, I noticed that the link indicates that Donald's DNA was compared to a crash victim found in GA who was in a coma until he died in 1996. Are we sure that he was compared to "Jason" too?

(I noticed the heights are off and the resemblance isn't great but since the reconstruction and drawing look very dissimilar to each other, I don't know that they need to match 100%. The height would be a problem though.)

>>Donald's DNA was compared to a crash victim found in GA who was in a coma until he died in 1996. Are we sure that he was compared to "Jason" too? <<

It doesn't seem to be the same person?? Donald was a transient it seems - is everyone for sure he is ruled out for JD's DNA?

It seems that our Jason Doe does not even have a DNA profile in the system yet. The Virginia Medical Examiner who is in charge of Jason Doe's NamUs case says they are attempting to get a DNA profile on Jason and if and when they are able to do so, it will be submitted/put into CODIS.

>>Donald's DNA was compared to a crash victim found in GA who was in a coma until he died in 1996. Are we sure that he was compared to "Jason" too? <<

It doesn't seem to be the same person?? Donald was a transient it seems - is everyone for sure he is ruled out for JD's DNA?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/local...udent-missing-15-years-after-he-went-vacation

By:Natalie Plumb06/14/11 8:05 PM

Frostburg student missing 15 years after he went on vacation

the only evidence of Izzett's travels is a driving ticket he received in Buckeye, Ariz., on May 22, 1995. He was ordered to appear in court June 27 but never showed up. He was driving a friend's car at the time.

An unidentified friend heard from him in San Francisco in July 1995, and Mulligan reported her son missing to Maryland authorities that same month.

An older article, but a lot of info:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2001-10-20/news/0110200329_1_mike-mulligan-glen-burnie-dna

Mulligan can still hear the panic in her son's voice. It was May 14, 1995 - a week after he'd left Cumberland - and he was on the phone.

"He called me hysterical, crying," she says. "He wanted me to wire money, and said he'd call me back to tell me where and when."

"He said, `I gotta go, 'bye,' and he hung up the phone," Mulligan says. "It was like he didn't want somebody to hear him."

Izzett was subsequently ruled out as being the Atlanta UID.

So sad. Seems like he disappeared himself due to his mother's rejection of his sexuality. Hopefully he is out wandering around somewhere and didn't commit suicide. although it's very very possible he did, IMO.

From the link,http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2001-10-20/news/0110200329_1_mike-mulligan-glen-burnie-dna
re posting because if D.I was/is in fact gay, that info. it might actually help identify where he is now, imo.
Times have changed thank goodness, people who knew/ know him, might be more willing to offer information now.
Some reports state he visited Canada, wonder if he might be remembered by any in the gay communities perhaps in Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver?
He was/is a very handsome young man, he would be noticed, imo.
speculation.

For Donald, as for many freshmen, the first year of college was at times a confusing mix of new friends and new freedoms. But he grappled with other issues.

By then, he had told his mother that he was gay.
"I was devastated. I was absolutely sick," recalls Mulligan, 41, a caseworker with Anne Arundel County's Department of Social Services. "I tried to convince him he wasn't, and we did fight about it."
After her anger subsided, Mulligan said, she and her son had many long talks.
"I wanted him to take it slow," she says.
Mulligan was nervous about Donald's plans to travel to California with a friend. She says she worried that her son, book-smart but hardly street-wise, wasn't ready for so much freedom.
She says she thought the vacation might have been his way of trying to resolve his sexual confusion.
"He said he hadn't been with anybody - boy or girl - but was so confused," Mulligan says. "Maybe his going to California was his trying to meet people like himself."
pixel.gif

The last conversation
Mulligan can still hear the panic in her son's voice. It was May 14, 1995 - a week after he'd left Cumberland - and he was on the phone.
"He called me hysterical, crying," she says. "He wanted me to wire money, and said he'd call me back to tell me where and when."
"He said, `I gotta go, 'bye,' and he hung up the phone," Mulligan says. "It was like he didn't want somebody to hear him."
According to a case summary posted on a state police Web site, Donald spent the summer of 1995 on an odyssey through gay communities in Florida, Louisiana and Mississippi. The report describes the friend who accompanied Donald to California as his boyfriend, and refers to fights between the two that led Donald to travel to Canada and then Florida.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back