2 Left: Redman, circa 1991; Right: Age-Progressed image
Owen Redman
Missing since February 21, 1991 from Brunswick, Victoria, Australia
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: October 8, 1966
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5' 9 1/2"
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Light brown hair; blue eyes. Slim build.
  • Clothing: Jeans, green shirt, silver ring of Indian design.
  • AKA: Owen Moore, Stuart Moore

Julespa09-23-2008 03:50 PM
I tried to contact LE about this possibility...nothing

I tried asking if Owen Redman could be a possible match for our Grateful Dad fan UID. I haven't received a response. I sent the email over a month ago :*(
Can anyone give me any insight on what to do next?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1812dmvic.html

Patience09-29-2008 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julespa (Post 2726083)
I tried asking if Owen Redman could be a possible match for our Grateful Dad fan UID. I haven't received a response. I sent the email over a month ago :*(
Can anyone give me any insight on what to do next?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1812dmvic.html

Hi Julespa, Who did you send the submission to? Was it the doenetwork? Anyone in particular?

Julespa09-30-2008 08:09 AMI sent it in to the Doe Network. I think there may be a 1-800 number I'll have to check

I sent the following email to the findowen person (says it is his younger brother). I could not get into Websleuths at the time, because of all the Caylee activity, but that's a different story. Hopefully we will hear back from him soon.

Hi Owen's Brother: I am so sorry to hear that your brother has been missing all these years. I am a member of an internet website that works to identify unidentified people and helps to find the missing, among other things. The website is www.websleuths.com Within this website are many threads where posters put their brains and sleuthing abilities together to resolve many outstanding cases. These cases are generally based in the United States.

I have a couple questions about your brother, if you don't mind and can answer them:

1. What is the possibility he came to the U.S.?
2. Did your brother follow the Grateful Dead band? Would he have maybe attended a concert if he got the chance?
3. Have you searched Facebook to see if he is a member there? Have you searched under the name Owen Moore?
4. Does Owen have any tatoos that you are aware of?
5. What type of work did Owen do? His missing page says he worked for Green Peace, but can you tell in what capacity he worked?

You should be able to follow the links to our website. If you have any questions, please let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Sincerely,

Salem

Also - when searching Facebook - I found an Owen Moore in Chicago that could possibly be this person. I do not have a facebook account, but my son let's me use his to cruise around :) I did not send a friend request to Mr. Moore, because I was not quite sure what to say and would prefer to hear back from the brother first.

If anyone does have a facebook account and would like to help follow up on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Salem

Hi prd2bokie... If you could maybe just do a search for Owen Moore. There are several. The one I was looking at is from Chicago. His picture is there. Take a look and compare with the picture in the Doe page here. Let me know what you think about whether or not they look alike.

If you think they do and I hear back from the brother, then maybe you can request to be the facebook guy's friend and we can compose a message to send him. We will need to word it so that we don't scare him off. Or we can have the brother take a look and see what he thinks? I tried to give the brother a clue to search under Owen Moore.

I'm not real familiar with Facebook, but apparently you have to be a friend in order to see the person's profile. I don't know if the guy on facebook has any clues about coming from Australia or the type of work he does, etc.

I'm very tired and kind of rambling - so if this doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll try again in the morning :)

Salem

I am looking at the one you are talking about but I can't zoom in on it. It kind of looks like him. The dimple on the chin is not in the same area though. I found 2 other Owen Moore's. They are from Canada. If you know of a way for me to do a better comparison let me know. I'm very computer illiterate. There use to be a place on the internet explorer browser to zoom in on whatever you were looking at, but I don't see it anymore.

One more thing. I don't know when I'll be able to reply. I am working as a long term substitute and sometimes don't have a chance to get on the computer and my hubby is also off for the next 4 days and I'm sure he will have me doing some sort of repair work.:rolleyes:

I zoomed in on the facebook man and have saved the picture. I don't know how to post it or even if it's legal. Just let me know what I need to do. I tried to find info about posting pictures but couldn't find it. They look somewhat alike. I wish there was a way to find out more information about him, like if he has an accent.

I zoomed in on the facebook man and have saved the picture. I don't know how to post it or even if it's legal. Just let me know what I need to do. I tried to find info about posting pictures but couldn't find it. They look somewhat alike. I wish there was a way to find out more information about him, like if he has an accent.

Hi prd2bokie - sorry it has taken me so long to get back here. I will send out an SOS to christine. I'm not sure how to do pictures either, but I will try to find some help.

You do think it looks like Owen? I have not heard back from the brother or the ME's office. I'm going to have to break down and use the telephone :)

Hang on to the picture and I'll try to get us some help :) AND thank you so much for working on this!

Salem

The Owen Moore on Facebook is likely not the Owen Moore from the Doenetwork.

The Facebook Owen looks much younger than the age of the owen on doe netowork. They have different birthdays, and are off by 11 years.

The facebook Owen also doesn't have a "butt" chin (for lack of a better word), like the doe network Owen does.

There is an Owen Redman on facebook...in Australia...of all places.

I'm inclined to think if he didn't want to be found that he might not put a real birth date. So that wouldn't really matter. His brother did say he thought he might still be in Australia though.

I agree about him maybe not wanting to put his real birthdate. However, the Facebook Owen looks MUCH younger than 42 (like the doe network suggests). The Facebook Owen's year of birth says 77, which would make him 31, and in his photo, that looks about right. Just around the age of my husband.

I would like to see if it's the Owen Redman from Australia though. BUT if he's trying not to be found, I doubt he'd use his real name on Facebook, where he'd be easily found.

Maybe he thinks they quit looking for him? Can you tell what the Owen Redman in Aus. looks like? Does he have a picture up?

I only went down this road because I was searching out the alias - Owen Moore..... but it is turning out to be quite interesting :)

Salem

It is almost impossible to make out the picture. It is taken about 10-15 feet away, and is very dark. Kind of like how you would look if someone took a picture of you with the sun directly behind you.

There is no way to look at it larger unless we were a "friend" of his and had access to his profile. I can try to befriend him to see what happens, if you guys want me to.

Let me know.

No problem. I think everyone knew what you meant regardless! I know it's what my sister and I called it growing up!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back