Unorganized Searching

FloridaKatz

Former Member
Reaction score
As much as I appreciate what TES & LP are doing, it has been bugging me since this past weekend that I feel I need to make these comments.
The organizational skills of the Core Team w/TES was poor at best this past weekend. Many team leads were not given specific map locations/grids of where to search. As a team lead, I was told on Sunday to hang out at the core team tent, but wasn't given any real direction of what they needed me to do, so I did whatever I thought needed to be done.

Many, many search teams had to use their own vehicles to go to their assigned search spot, and many were not from the area, so had problems knowing where to go. Those that rode a bus, ran out of food and water half way through their 2 hour assignment, and had to load onto the bus to go to a local fast food or convenience store to refresh their bodies.

The TES command center phone was directed to VM all day Saturday, so if we came upon something, we had to call 911. When we did call 911 upon stumbling upon something, it took FOREVER for a deputy to show up.

Many teams were not assigned a CSI person because there simply weren't enough to go around. Many teams were also not assigned an EMT as there weren't enough to go around.

We were told to line up at arms length and move forward while searching but that was simply not possible because of the "thick thickets" that we had to walk through. I assigned a number to each of my team members, told them to scatter the area in small segments, and every 30 minutes I did a number call out so as to know where they were and if they found anything.

Sign in sheets were not numbered on Saturday, so when it came time to sign out, you had to look at over 40 sheets to find your name.

And as a team lead, I was able to see the core TES team run around like chickens with their heads cut off. (Love them to death though)

Any WS'rs that were there searching this weekend know what I'm talking about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With that said, I REALLY DO appreciate what TES stands for, but can see why little Caylee hasn't been found yet. Therefore, myself, my husband, AND his army unit of 6 will continue to search on the weekends and hope to bring this baby home.

As much as I appreciate what TES & LP are doing, it has been bugging me since this past weekend that I feel I need to make these comments.

MODS, ban me if you must, but here goes:

The organizational skills of the Core Team w/TES was poor at best this past weekend. Many team leads were not given specific map locations/grids of where to search. As a team lead, I was told on Sunday to hang out at the core team tent, but wasn't given any real direction of what they needed me to do, so I did whatever I thought needed to be done.

Many, many search teams had to use their own vehicles to go to their assigned search spot, and many were not from the area, so had problems knowing where to go. Those that rode a bus, ran out of food and water half way through their 2 hour assignment, and had to load onto the bus to go to a local fast food or convenience store to refresh their bodies.

The TES command center phone was directed to VM all day Saturday, so if we came upon something, we had to call 911. When we did call 911 upon stumbling upon something, it took FOREVER for a deputy to show up.

Many teams were not assigned a CSI person because there simply weren't enough to go around. Many teams were also not assigned an EMT as there weren't enough to go around.

We were told to line up at arms length and move forward while searching but that was simply not possible because of the "thick thickets" that we had to walk through. I assigned a number to each of my team members, told them to scatter the area in small segments, and every 30 minutes I did a number call out so as to know where they were and if they found anything.

Sign in sheets were not numbered on Saturday, so when it came time to sign out, you had to look at over 40 sheets to find your name.

And as a team lead, I was able to see the core TES team run around like chickens with their heads cut off. (Love them to death though)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With that said, I REALLY DO appreciate what TES stands for, but can see why little Caylee hasn't been found yet. Therefore, myself, my husband, AND his army unit of 6 will continue to search on the weekends and hope to bring this baby home.

Thank you and bless you for all of your hard work and heart that you have put into finding our Caylee.......Godspeed on your continued searches.:blowkiss:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Such is the struggle of an all volunteer force.

Seriously!

Even those who orginzie or volunteers. Stuff falls through the cracks when it's done with an all volunteer group.

That said, notice how such groups have to state they are NOT making a profit out of doing this. Sadly, if they were, they would be able to devote full time to it. Each time being more stream lined, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All I'm going to say is, I totally agree.
And, I'm interested in participating in any local searches that take place. I'm local.

Woops! I fogot to add.

Thank you so much for Being there. For taking your time, engery, etc.. and doing what so many of wish we could have done.

Thank you!

Thank you for the glimpse of reality! I think this case has become too complicated for even TES to sort it all out. I wonder how often they work with ppl who come from miles around, for example?

The flip side is that you did learn the rules of dealing with a find. That encourages me because I feel less-trained ppl could possibly hurt a potential crime scene. Maybe having TES go through some training on what to do will help the local searchers and preserve the area when she is found.

Thank you so much for volunteering!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, my experience was nothing like yours. Ours went smooth of course this large of a search is uncharted territory but for the most part I thought it was good. We always had enough to eat and drink, we brought our own food and water, so having lunch and water provided was a wonderful unexpected treat. The cops came right away at both locations that they were needed at and a dog at the other area. As far as signing out we had a wait, but big deal we had no where else to go_Our team buddied up because the foiliage was dense so we always knew where everyone was. I don't know I thought everything was okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wasn't going to say anything...but you are right.
Our second search on Saturday and the one on Sunday went much smoother, the team leaders on those 2 were much more "together" and knowledgeable, IMO.
It was my understanding that there was one issue after another (phones not hooked up, problems printing maps, etc.) that all rolled into a pretty big, disorganized mess. BTW, I'm one of the "non-locals" that got VERY lost in my POV. :)
It was discouraging, but I'm still glad I was able to be a part of something bigger than myself...and I still support TES.
THANK YOU for taking more time out to search for Caylee...I wish I lived closer, I'd be right there with you! :blowkiss:

Wow, sounds a little helter skelter out there. Thats too bad!

That having been said, I think this was the largest search TES had every spearheaded...it was probably a very confusing thing!
I used to manage a retail store with 12 employees just fine...but one day when I filled in at a larger store in our chain where I had to oversee 30 employees, I was a mess! Im sure they had choice words to say when the regular manager came back from vacation (lol).

I think it would be awesome to get a definite committment for team leaders and volunteers, plus donations of food beforehand to have an organized, fluid search effort. It can be done, theoretically, but it wouldnt be easy.

I understand. What I don't understand is why TM would bad mouth another man that I thought was his friend for going out and paying to have divers come in and dive into the Econ River where everyone knows Casey used to take Caylee often to play. Everyone should support one another and be glad that others are out searching for precious Caylee. IMO LP cares about little Caylee just like everyone else does and he wants to just help. Thank you all who have helped search or helped in other ways. Hugs

Wow, my experience was nothing like yours. Ours went smooth of course this large of a search is uncharted territory but for the most part I thought it was good. We always had enough to eat and drink, we brought our own food and water, so having lunch and water provided was a wonderful unexpected treat. The cops came right away at both locations that they were needed at and a dog at the other area. As far as signing out we had a wait, but big deal we had no where else to go_Our team buddied up because the foiliage was dense so we always knew where everyone was. I don't know I thought everything was okay.

While we had a better day on Sunday, where things went much smoother, Saturday was not as good. It took forever to get a CSI to a scene, and we only got her after one of our team members drove to hunt her down. Sign out was no big deal, but it was much easier on Sunday when it was numbered.
Food was also not as much of a worry. We made do, and when we came back on Sunday to all of the donated food, it was an unexpected treat. (Thank you to all that donated!) :blowkiss:
However, there were many times where the brush was so thick, that you had to look up to make sure you weren't about to get poked in the eye by a branch swinging back at your face, rather than down at the ground, looking for evidence. I kept thinking, and heard others saying, "I can't pay attention to the ground" because of the sheer thickness of some of these woods and swamp areas. Spider webs, thorns, flying branches, you name it.

Granted there were many problems the first day, however, my WS team leader was able to overcome the obstacles........ why would food be a problem you were instructed to be prepared to take care of yourself? Sunday I was able to stay with the same team and we had no issues whatsoever. My team leader(this was her first time) was very professional in keeping us in line as we were instructed to so we could search every inch we were assigned too. Monday was extra special because I was with groups with TM and I learned so much I will always be a team leader in the next TES searcher I take part in.

This was the largest organized search ever, and the bugs were worked out, TES has never had so many people join a search and this was a learning experience for all involved. The focus was on Caylee and it upset me so many focus on the petty issues.

Those that rode a bus, ran out of food and water half way through their 2 hour assignment, and had to load onto the bus to go to a local fast food or convenience store to refresh their bodies.

You have GOT to be kidding!

First off, TES site says to bring your own food.
2nd off, anyone who needs to continually eat food every 2-3 hours - something's wrong with them.

It's not like this was a 5 day trek up to Denali's peak or something.
I suspected there would be a lot of down time to BS but I didn't realize how bad it was till the reports trickled in.

I hope you Florida people get together and do your own searching.
I love all of you who searched and are continuing. Please ignore my semi-anger. I'm ticked at myself for not getting on a plane.

I understand. What I don't understand is why TM would bad mouth another man that I thought was his friend for going out and paying to have divers come in and dive into the Econ River where everyone knows Casey used to take Caylee often to play. Everyone should support one another and be glad that others are out searching for precious Caylee. IMO LP cares about little Caylee just like everyone else does and he wants to just help. Thank you all who have helped search or helped in other ways. Hugs

BOLDED by me.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
I, personally, felt MUCH better that LP sent more eyes into that river...

You have GOT to be kidding!

First off, TES site says to bring your own food.
2nd off, anyone who needs to continually eat food every 2-3 hours - something's wrong with them.

It's not like this was a 5 day trek up to Denali's peak or something.
I suspected there would be a lot of down time to BS but I didn't realize how bad it was till the reports trickled in.

I hope you Florida people get together and do your own searching.
I love all of you who searched and are continuing. Please ignore my semi-anger. I'm ticked at myself for not getting on a plane.

Bolded by me.
I came prepared with water and intentions of feeding myself.
I wouldn't expect for donated funds to pay for food that I can buy myself...I went to a search for Caylee, not a picnic!
IT WAS WONDERFUL, though, to come in on Sunday to sandwiches and pizza and cold soda, so thanks to all who donated!!! :blowkiss:

I realy feel Tim Miller has an "ego" and "jealousy" thing going on here.. It sickened me everytime he appeared on tv and mentioned the $$ amount he has spent to search for Caylee to date.

THAT was unprofessional IMO. It made Tim look like he was not there for the right reasons, although he may have been.

I was shocked when Tim chose to pull out of the search 1 day early. He was full speed aand all heppedd up when he arrived. I feel he could have given it more and put a plea out for MORE donations. 50,000. were donated forr this search.

I also feel that Tim's reluctance to
perform full force is greatly affected by
the lack of cooperation and blessing from the Anthony's.

IF Caylee's body is found, then that means that George and Cindy will
lose two members of their family. I doubt they welcome that thought.

I honestly don't know if it's okay to post this here and I apologize in advance if it needs to be taken down asap. But here's just a bit of a comment from D. Lohr's site in response to his newest post, entitled "The Stories Behind the Caylee Anthony Search Effort", from a couple who drove over 800 miles to join in the search this weekend. I found it most informative:

..."The trip down went smoothly, we cut it up into a two days. We were at the "Tabu Nightclub" on friday for the "team leader meeting". We were both pretty excited about being there and showed up a little early. It was shocking that they were holding this meeting at a nightclub and especially a nightclub that NeJame's owns, I found this very disturbing. We thought the meeting would include a lot of information on the search and protocol related to TES's procedure, we were shocked. There was maybe 10 minutes of search related information, that's about it. The rest of the time was devoted to Nejame and Tim Miller telling us that we should not hate or judge the Anthony's, and if any searchers were heard talking about George or Cindy they would immediately be told to go home, no if's, and's or but's. This discussion about the Anthony's went on for probably an hour. NeJame had a man from the Never Loose Hope foundation come up on stage, after he explained that the man and his organization had taken unfair heat from the internet community. Then the representative from never loose hope handed Tim a check for $12,000."

I think the biggest problem with TES' search is that Tim was too concerned with not offending the family of the child he was searching for and this just consumed too much of the time & focus away from Caylee.

I don't fault him for this is ANY WAY... I just think he cannot wrap his head around a family who is so determined NOT to have people search for their loved one.

Here's an interesting description of what went on by one of the searchers:

(snipped from the post by: Brian)

The trip down went smoothly, we cut it up into a two days. We were at the "Tabu Nightclub" on friday for the "team leader meeting". We were both pretty excited about being there and showed up a little early. It was shocking that they were holding this meeting at a nightclub and especially a nightclub that NeJame's owns, I found this very disturbing. We thought the meeting would include a lot of information on the search and protocol related to TES's procedure, we were shocked. There was maybe 10 minutes of search related information, that's about it. The rest of the time was devoted to Nejame and Tim Miller telling us that we should not hate or judge the Anthony's, and if any searchers were heard talking about George or Cindy they would immediately be told to go home, no if's, and's or but's. This discussion about the Anthony's went on for probably an hour. NeJame had a man from the Never Loose Hope foundation come up on stage, after he explained that the man and his organization had taken unfair heat from the internet community. Then the representative from never loose hope handed Tim a check for $12,000.

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/11/the-stories-beh.html?commenter=LI_Mom

I honestly don't know if it's okay to post this here and I apologize in advance if it needs to be taken down asap. But here's just a bit of a comment from D. Lohr's site in response to his newest post, entitled "The Stories Behind the Caylee Anthony Search Effort", from a couple who drove over 800 miles to join in the search this weekend. I found it most informative:

..."The trip down went smoothly, we cut it up into a two days. We were at the "Tabu Nightclub" on friday for the "team leader meeting". We were both pretty excited about being there and showed up a little early. It was shocking that they were holding this meeting at a nightclub and especially a nightclub that NeJame's owns, I found this very disturbing. We thought the meeting would include a lot of information on the search and protocol related to TES's procedure, we were shocked. There was maybe 10 minutes of search related information, that's about it. The rest of the time was devoted to Nejame and Tim Miller telling us that we should not hate or judge the Anthony's, and if any searchers were heard talking about George or Cindy they would immediately be told to go home, no if's, and's or but's. This discussion about the Anthony's went on for probably an hour. NeJame had a man from the Never Loose Hope foundation come up on stage, after he explained that the man and his organization had taken unfair heat from the internet community. Then the representative from never loose hope handed Tim a check for $12,000."

:eek::eek::eek:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave