1112 users online (217 members and 895 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,145

    You're the prosecution....how would you present your case

    I think this will be interesting - lets say your the prosecution - how would you start your case and in what order would you call your witnesses? How would you present your evidence

    In correlation to a prosecution thread I'll start a defense thread - how would you debunk the prosecution theories

    Starting with an opening arguement to evidence to witnesses

    Lets see if the prosecution can convict Casey.....

    Who wants to be first?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Southeast US
    Posts
    2,244
    What happened to the defense thread???

    Never mind. I see that it was merged.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    271
    Ladies and gentlemen of the jury: Please forget everything you may have heard or opinions you may have formed early on regarding this case. The state is going to show you the truth, through evidence and testimony, of what happened to a lovely little girl. Please keep an open mind and listen carefully. Also, please take note that it did not take the state 31 DAYS to take action in this case.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    594
    I ask to get KC on the stand. Let her run through her performance and then lay the evidence on the table to refute everything she has just said. I call the experts to interperet the evidence. I only call witnesses that have had interaction with KC during the 31 days and I raise objections to any answers that are not "yes" or "no" from CA. I play every second of video and show every picture I can find of KC during the 31 days. I call every LE that chased ZFG. I don't pose a specific theory-I pose motive, opportunity, evidence of death, and evidence of the premeditation of that death. I try to eliminate reasonable doubt with the use of KC's own lies. I feel that with enough rope.....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    B&R DuPage Co., Il..now living 50 mi from Orlando
    Posts
    413

    The Prosecution's case

    I believe the legal posturing by the prosecution is perfect.

    Every doc released in discovery is released to media by FOIA. This creates more infighting and erodes their "story line" as the "A"'s obviously read these doc dumps, discuss, and amend stories as necessary, go on the air, verbalize these contridictions, to which the LE carefully note.

    Thats why they wont lock them up. Way too valuable. And caylee's remains are not even close to being necessary to convict, IMO. Which is why they are slowwwwlllyyy releasing discovery docs..this pace will pick up considerably as trail draws closer, and they will force defense to ask for continuance. The chess match is, LE is asking for early trail date & moved it up to pysch defense out that they have everything they need. Defense is ok with this, less time to find body. As discovery docs are released more quickly as trial nears, they will be forced to ask for continuance. that gives LE more time to search for body. (Although they don't need it IMO) The end game for LE is to force KC to believe there's overwhelming evidence, seek confession, locate body, give her LIPWOP. It's personal at this point.

    And as the FBI said, we can care less about you guys and your family...its about caylee..so they continue to turn them against each other to getthe truth. Their attitude is, we tried the easy way, now we'll do it our way.
    When they get CA on that stand, ask her pointed questions to where she cannot go off track or spin it, hammer her with her inconsistencies, turn her against GA (which, if you notice, is already happening...they must be saying to each other "you said what?") and top it off with GA on the stand who the LE is playing perfectly as "good cop" contridicting her statements, it will be obvious to ANY jury that she is guilty.

    Add into that the evidence they HAVENT released. IMO I wouldn't be surprised if they have the clothing (Greenwood find) and are testing it & are going to throw it into discovery at the last minute. They're not required to give evidence instantly, they can 'test" it etc.

    My money is on them slamdunking this at the last minute, get a plea bargain, find Caylee, and send her to HELL with Gen pop prison as purgetory!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    sf, ca
    Posts
    64
    i like where you're going with this...

  7. #7
    rosepetal1065's Avatar
    rosepetal1065 is offline Ive got splinters..in the windmills of my mind......
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the snow falls mightly..
    Posts
    1,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Valrico Analyzer View Post
    I believe the legal posturing by the prosecution is perfect.

    Every doc released in discovery is released to media by FOIA. This creates more infighting and erodes their "story line" as the "A"'s obviously read these doc dumps, discuss, and amend stories as necessary, go on the air, verbalize these contridictions, to which the LE carefully note.

    Thats why they wont lock them up. Way too valuable. And caylee's remains are not even close to being necessary to convict, IMO. Which is why they are slowwwwlllyyy releasing discovery docs..this pace will pick up considerably as trail draws closer, and they will force defense to ask for continuance. The chess match is, LE is asking for early trail date & moved it up to pysch defense out that they have everything they need. Defense is ok with this, less time to find body. As discovery docs are released more quickly as trial nears, they will be forced to ask for continuance. that gives LE more time to search for body. (Although they don't need it IMO) The end game for LE is to force KC to believe there's overwhelming evidence, seek confession, locate body, give her LIPWOP. It's personal at this point.

    And as the FBI said, we can care less about you guys and your family...its about caylee..so they continue to turn them against each other to getthe truth. Their attitude is, we tried the easy way, now we'll do it our way.
    When they get CA on that stand, ask her pointed questions to where she cannot go off track or spin it, hammer her with her inconsistencies, turn her against GA (which, if you notice, is already happening...they must be saying to each other "you said what?") and top it off with GA on the stand who the LE is playing perfectly as "good cop" contridicting her statements, it will be obvious to ANY jury that she is guilty.

    Add into that the evidence they HAVENT released. IMO I wouldn't be surprised if they have the clothing (Greenwood find) and are testing it & are going to throw it into discovery at the last minute. They're not required to give evidence instantly, they can 'test" it etc.

    My money is on them slamdunking this at the last minute, get a plea bargain, find Caylee, and send her to HELL with Gen pop prison as purgetory!!
    I go back and forth. One day I'll think she's going down and the next I'm thinking what if it's not enough evidence? I need them to convict this chick, the case is consuming. *sigh*
    I'll add that with all of her lies and the fact that nobody has seen Caylee in months.... nothing they come up with will save her arse. MOO
    Providing domestic support and love to LE for 18.5 yrs and counting..

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Versailles, Kentucky
    Posts
    370
    I think LE and the FBI are doing all they can and an excellent job of it. That being said, I am thinking GA's credibility may be out the window as a witness for the Prosecution. He lied about the car chase, which leads all of us to wonder what else he may be lying about. He bought a gun, which we all thought was retrieved from the trunk or wheel well of his car, only to find out LE retrieved the gun from inside the house. So why the big media display of looking in his trunk? Were they also looking for a tire iron? If so did they also retrieve one? Were they looking for other forensic evidence in the trunk of his car?

    I don't know if GA is lying about the car chase to try to create reasonable doubt as to who all had access to the Pontiac or if his lying about the car chase and epass documentation of said car chase is an indication that he too is a liar extraordinaire. Regardless, I am not sure that any of the As will be too helpful to the prosecution but even without their testimony, their statements and interviews with LE will tell the tale and if they perjure themselves in the process so be it. I think they have plenty of evidence to prosecute this case sucessfully, whether any of the A's are credible or hostile witnesses may not matter.
    Justice for Caylee!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somewhere out there.
    Posts
    3,892
    Quote Originally Posted by rosepetal1065 View Post
    I go back and forth. One day I'll think she's going down and the next I'm thinking what if it's not enough evidence? I need them to convict this chick, the case is consuming. *sigh*
    I'll add that with all of her lies and the fact that nobody has seen Caylee in months.... nothing they come up with will save her arse. MOO
    I feel they have enough evidence.

    We all need for KC to be convicted, there is no way on God's green earth she is innocent. JMO

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,970
    All her supporters seem to be on the state's witness list.
    Will be very interesting to watch
    The rice is already cooked...


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,970
    Quote Originally Posted by tiredofthis View Post
    I feel they have enough evidence. We all need for KC to be convicted, there is no way on God's green earth she is innocent. JMO
    Me too.
    The rice is already cooked...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,701
    I think I'd wear a lovely suit with a pretty blouse underneath, my hair in a Sarah Palin upsweep, librarian glasses on and a really pretty pair of Jimmy Choo's.

    Oh uh........what was the question again?

  13. #13
    rosepetal1065's Avatar
    rosepetal1065 is offline Ive got splinters..in the windmills of my mind......
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the snow falls mightly..
    Posts
    1,695
    Quote Originally Posted by tiredofthis View Post
    I feel they have enough evidence.

    We all need for KC to be convicted, there is no way on God's green earth she is innocent. JMO
    Providing domestic support and love to LE for 18.5 yrs and counting..

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    B&R DuPage Co., Il..now living 50 mi from Orlando
    Posts
    413
    Less is MORE.
    K.I.S.S.

    1. large posterboard of Caylee in her lil Angel pose (chin on hand)
    2. Prosecution:
    A. Play tape of CA first 911 call
    B. Read KC statement to LE/LA/CA at home on 07/15/08
    C. Read KC statement to LE at Universal..specifically WHO/WHEN/WHERE/HOW she last "saw" Caylee and where she dropped her off
    D. Contrast to Blanchard Park abduction story
    E. Show pics of Fusion/partying/playing housewife to AL/ briefly discuss and present her lack of concern
    F. Touch on lies...not every one. Mainly, wrong apt..wrong ZFG...no one has ever seen, talked, witnessed a nanny..no receipt for pymnt to nanny...no cell records...
    G. Evidence of Pontiac- hammer down " LAST PLACE ANYONE CAN PROVE SHE TRULY WAS" **Much more evidence WILL be released prior to trial..maggots, etc...the hair being inconclusive is moot because CA blew it by opening her trap admitting it WASNT Caylees brush! They have MUCH more than they're saying.
    H. Reinforce ONLY KC can prove she ISNT dead. Should we all get on a bus and have her go take us to her?
    I. Play tapes of Natalie Holloway's Mother, John Walsh, The Smart's, (How asinine is it for them to compare their cases!!) to show what REAL grieving parents of an abducted child act/do

    Dismiss jury wait 5 minutes for verdict to be returned. lol

    prosecution has to avoid over zealous prosecution. It is very personal to them. I feel they really are heartbroken over this case. Just present the facts to get her prosecuted. No long list of every lie.

    Avoid defense "bringing circus to town" i.e, LP search, sightings, etc. THE OPENING STATEMENT MUST BE SOOO STRONG, SO POWERFUL...THAT IT IS THE ONLY THING THE JURY THINKS ABOUT DURING THE REMAINDER OF THE TRIAL.

    Every witness, evidence, MUST support the opening statement.

    I still dont see this going to trial. When evidence is released as discovery, a PB will happen. She is too narrisistic (sp) to spend her life behind bars. I feel they need to threaten/promise the DP. She can't stand the thought of being exterminated. I am surprised there isn't more rhetoric from LE now about it. Great pysch tactic.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    565
    First by placing HUGE pictures of Kaylee on easels all around the court room with the captions on each in big letters,

    1) " This is about ME and my Rights !"

    2) " I didn't have the right to remain silent"
    " I had no choice !"

    3) " I didn't have the right to prove my innocence"
    " I was innocent !"

    4) "I was denied the right to grown up and have my own child"

    5) "I was denied the right to a funeral, and burial where I can watch & hear people who care, when they visit me, and bring me lots of pretty flowers."

    Then I would stand in front of KC and read every caption.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast