FL - Amanda Collette, 15, fatally shot at Ft Lauderdale high school, 12 Nov 2008

ljwf22

Reality continues to ruin my life.
Reaction score
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Authorities say a Fort Lauderdale, Fla. student is dead after some type of incident at a high school.

City spokesman Ted Lawson confirmed the death Wednesday afternoon. She was found unresponsive in a hallway at Dillard High School around 11 a.m., but police aren't sure exactly what happened to her.

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081112/ap_on_re_us/school_shooting

What a strange school shooting. And How did she fall out of the sky? Very odd. Glad they caught the other one who did the shooting.

What a shame...poor girl. Poor parents...:confused:

What a strange school shooting. And How did she fall out of the sky? Very odd. Glad they caught the other one who did the shooting.

I think the person meant she just fell down......like outt the clear blue...no one saw it coming.

Does anyone know why the other girl shot her? Some of these kids nowadays are just ruthless.

Dillard has a reputation for being a scary sort of school....it is a magnet (it was when I was in that area).

Fort Lauderdale - Teah Wimberly, 16, was found guilty of second-degree murder Wednesday morning for shooting a classmate to death who had rejected her.

She could be sentenced to life in prison.

The six-member jury found her guilty as charged in the slaying of Amanda Collette, 15, in a hallway at Dillard High School Nov. 12, 2008. Collette was shot once in the back with a .22 pistol.

Jurors, who got the case Tuesday night, spent about three hours before reaching a decision. Wimblery's lawyer had asked for an acquittal by reason of insanity.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fort-lauderdale/teah-wimberly-trial_12-1009,0,4112807.story

Are teens in Fla. especially violent or does it just seem that way? Is it because media has more access to cases than in other states? It just seems that we are always reading about some horrible incident involving teens in Florida...IMO

Are teens in Fla. especially violent or does it just seem that way? Is it because media has more access to cases than in other states? It just seems that we are always reading about some horrible incident involving teens in Florida...IMO

I lived most of my life, until now (miss FL but moved here for love!). Florida is really two states...and S. FL is just like any major area like NYC, ATL, etc. I don't think they're more violent...although some cultures are "seemingly" more violent...there are higher concentrations of gangs, etc.

What? Oh my goodness not again.

This happened in 2008, the girl who murdered her was just given 25 years
she pled out

I live in South Florida, in the safest suburban area and I find it very safe
however we have some rough areas like any other city

I think Orlando is a lot more scary to be "out" in that south florida

I also have a hunch that many cases in Florida get more air time than in other areas due to our sunshine laws and the fact that so much information is available JMO

This was a sad case and I would have liked to have seen this girl get more time.

I have to apologize here. It seems there was a trial - I didn't follow too closely because this whole case upset me and was just a little too close to home. My DD didn't know the victim personally - but she had several friends who did.

Here is an article out of the paper today that explains a little more. I got to thinking last night, when on the news they said that her attorney is now preparing an appeal and I thought - appeal? She confessed. How do you appeal that? So, I did some "sleuthing" and found out that I was wrong.

Sorry for the confusion ya'll...

Dillard High School shooter sentenced to 25 years for classmate’s murder
Teah Wimberly, 16, apologizes in court to victim’s mother
By Tonya Alanez, Sun Sentinel

3:40 p.m. EST, March 26, 2010

FORT LAUDERDALE - Dillard High School shooter Teah Wimberly was sentenced to 25 years in prison Friday for gunning down a fellow student because of unrequited love.

In court, the 16-year-old convicted murderer issued an apology to her victim's mother, as well as to her own family, that made many of the people listening weep.

In December, a Broward County jury rejected Wimberly's insanity defense and convicted her of second-degree murder for the November 2008 shooting death of Amanda Collette, 15.

**more at link**

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/br...rd-shooting-sentencing-20100325,0,17007.story

Again, I apologize.

oh please.

stinking sociopaths sure can turn on the water works when they need to,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member