GUILTY Canada - Marc, 42, Debra, 48, & Jacob Richardson, 8, slain, Medicine Hat, 23 Apr 2006

Alta

Proudly Canadian
Reaction score
This is less than an hour from where we live.I sure hope the daughter is ok.

Three members of a family of four were found dead in their Medicine Hat home yesterday, leading police to launch a search for their missing 13-year-old daughter.

Marc and Debra Richardson, along with their son, were found slain in their home around 1:30 p.m., much to the shock of neighbours in the quiet residential area.

Last night, police were still looking for 13-year-old Jasmine Richardson "regarding a serious family matter."

http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/2006/04/24/1547806-sun.html

They're looking for Jasmine regarding a serious family matter ??? Is that another way of saying they suspect she committed the murders?

Its possible.The one thing about the canadian police is they are very tight lipped when it comes to investigations.I sure hope she didn't have anything to do with it.

Egads!! That's what I was afraid of. What's wrong with these kids? :banghead:

turbosleuthing said:
What is a medicine hat? :blushing:

Or is it the name of a town? :doh:
It is the name of the town turbo...and very near where I grew up...:eek: . Things like this just don't happen there!!!! OMG

ALTA....news reports are saying Jasmine is 13 but the police arrested a 12 year old girl, do you suppose they got the age wrong? This is so shocking....

Medicine Hat is a city full of seniors, mostly retired farmers....:(

This is just so awful! It didn't say if the boyfriend is a local. My first thought was I wonder if she met him on MySpace. That seems to be a hotspot for crime these days. It's very frightening.

Geesh I missed our local news to I was running around uptown.I will turn the radio on see if it says anything.I did search myspace and found one match for her name.It listed her as 15,course she could have lied.Only thing is it is set to private,and the picture is hard to tell if its the same girl.Here is the link for the myspace account.I'll go see what I can find out and let you all know.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=49536854

Our local radio station is saying nothing new,but it doesn't surprise me.I think there may have been a mistake when they first reported she was 13.From some of the articles I have read the neighbours are even surprised to hear she was this young.One lady said Jasmine hung out with her 17 year old,and had no clue she was so young.Apparently she dresses goth like.One reason i do believe it is her that is arrested along with the boyfriend is,they are not reporting anymore that they are looking for her or that she is missing.They were also arrested in leader Saskatchewan which is only maybe 2 hours east of medicine hat,so I have to wonder if the boyfriend isn't from that area.They had to have been gone at least 30 hours or more so they must have been hiding out.I am going to attempt to post Jasmine's picture from the paper & the one from the myspace accunt i found.Tell me if you think it is the same girl.I will keep on watching our local stations for any updates.

..i heard on the evening edmonton news that the "13 yr. old daughter was in a safe location"..

..yet, this article practically states that "the 12 yr. old arrested IS the daughter"..

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=5fdb8a80-b87d-4970-bd03-cded304a84fc&k=72269

MEDICINE HAT, Alta. -- A 12-year-old girl and a 23-year-old man were arrested in Saskatchewan early Monday and each charged with three counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of a southeastern Alberta family.

RCMP, acting on a tip, arrested the pair in Leader, Sask., about two hours from this quiet community, which has been rocked by the weekend slayings.

.. " I think the officers have a very good assumption of what the motive might have been, but we have to hold on to that right now to make sure we don't jeopardize the investigation,'' said Townsend.
Under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, the girl cannot be identified.

However, neighbours say a young girl in Grade 7 lived with the family, which moved to Medicine Hat from Ottawa three years ago.

............more @ link..

Sadly she's one in the same. The moment they arrested Jasmine and her boyfriend... they STOPPED SEARCHING for the daughter. I think the LE up here tried to sway the media or people away from thinking the kids were the same and Jasmine as far as I've heard... is 13. Not 12.

The thing is in Canada, we're NOT allowed to disclose a juvenile under any circumstances. So the media and all have to "back track" and attempt to recover from disclosing the names of those involved when it "implicates" a juvenile. Sick as far as I'm concerned. We should all know who it is no matter the age.... especially crimes this horrendous.

How horrific all around. This guy was probably her boyfriend. But WTF???? how did the parents NOT KNOW where their 13 yr old child was at times.... I knew all the time. period. Or she didn't go out. I even took my 13 yr old many many times to where she was headed only to show up 20 or 40 minutes later to make certain she was still where she told me she'd be.

How horrific all around.

The names of the dead family can't be reported under provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act because they would identify the girl accused in the killings.

Friends of the Grade 7 girl said she had recently turned into a "goth" after meeting the 23-year-old on the Internet at a site dedicated to goth and vampire lifestyles.

Friends say her family was furious at her relationship with a much older man. Several neighbours said loud fighting was heard coming from the home in recent weeks.

The girl's grandfather said he spoke to his son several days ago but only learned after the killings of the tension caused by disapproval over her boyfriend.

"He didn't say anything about it, but we heard later he was trying to get her to get rid of him," the grandfather said.

http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/2006/04/25/1549146-sun.html

They haven't revealed how the family was slain, although some sources claim they were stabbed. Sun sources also said the accused man, who at the time of his arrest looked as if he had been in a fight, and the teen allegedly bragged to friends Sunday morning about the slayings.

Wow.I can't imagine killing anyone let alone my parents and than bragging about it.

If the vampire thing is true, its possible they used the knives and then did something with the blood. Maybe that's where the bragging comes in?

I agree thats probably where the bragging comes in.I was reading a bit at a goth site this morning and it is amazing how much these kids talk about killing their parents,and how their lives would be so much better if their parents were dead.
Here is a snip from another news story out this morning.

Both of the accused had personal Web sites.

In one photo, the girl can be seen holding a gun up to the camera -- professing her love for goth, punk and death-metal music.

In another, she's pretending to cry -- black teardrops drawn in eyeliner marking her cheeks.

"I go crazy if I'm kept inside my house for to [sic] long," the girl penned in a Feb. 23 blog entry.

In that same entry, she fills out a questionnaire about her life.

Asked whether she'd ever been arrested, her blunt reply comes in two words: "Not yet."

The 23-year-old man claimed to work in the government or military.

http://snipurl.com/pnj6

I tried searching for their blogs,but I think I am to computer illiterate yet to find them.:blushing:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back