Moving van at Cooper House now (11/13/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleuthyGal

Former Member
Reaction score
Hot off the press and this just in:

Moving van is at Cooper House!

Moving doesn't imply breaking a judge's order...as long as they are not disposing of those items. I'm sure the house has to be prepared to be sold and that is allowed, as long as it's at market value and proceeds held in T/S escrow/trust.

Moving doesn't imply breaking a judge's order...as long as they are not disposing of those items. I'm sure the house has to be prepared to be sold and that is allowed, as long as it's at market value and proceeds held in T/S escrow/trust.

True enough, SG. However I was sure hoping it was a van sent by the Rentz family to secure the rest of K & B's toys and clothing and personal belongings. I don't think ole Brad-boy is gonna need them ever again!!!

Per my source the movers just took out dining room furniture so that blows my hopes!!!!

Once again K & B has messed over their own client ! As I recall K & B were the ones who referenced that the house was packed and an argument ensued here as to what that meant. Guess we now know, and it seems the Rentz's were paying attention as well, hence the restraining order.

Top Sail - it may be the items are being moved to a storage facility in advance of selling the residence. I would not yet rule out that the restraining orders are being followed as required. Given the nature of those orders I don't see how the Rentz's are entitled to anything in the residence at this point (other than clothes and toys as agreed to) to be honest. Nor should they be until the 21 November hearing decides the outcome.

Hi RC!! I'm sure I read that Brad had agreed to turn over all of K B's toys, clothing and personal items so I was going on that hope. Not that it had anything to do with the current freeze on assets. Once my source told me furniture was being taken I assumed it was going to storage so the house can go on the market.

Hi RC!! I'm sure I read that Brad had agreed to turn over all of K B's toys, clothing and personal items so I was going on that hope. Not that it had anything to do with the current freeze on assets. Once my source told me furniture was being taken I assumed it was going to storage so the house can go on the market.

I suspect this is the case - preparing to put the house on the market. But I still think K & B messed up by saying the house was paritally packed up a while ago on their website while trying to argue over what they seemed to think were silly shoes.:crazy:

Forgive my manners, or lack of - HELLO !

Maybe someone's stealing all the stuff (rumor has it there's some nice paintings in there...) ... Can anyone confirm whether there is a Budweiser logo painted on the moving van by chance?

I suspect this is the case - preparing to put the house on the market. But I still think K & B messed up by saying the house was paritally packed up a while ago on their website while trying to argue over what they seemed to think were silly shoes.:crazy:

Forgive my manners, or lack of - HELLO !

Hey I don't call 'em Knot-head and Bone-head for nuthin'!!!!! Speaking of - where did my siggy go???? :confused: :waitasec: How much worse can that trio (Brad, Knot-head and Bone-head) make it look for him???

Hey I don't call 'em Knot-head and Bone-head for nuthin'!!!!! Speaking of - where did my siggy go???? :confused: :waitasec: How much worse can that trio (Brad, Knot-head and Bone-head) make it look for him???

Maybe there will be an interesting and informative update on the website soon :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

What has happened to Mom?? We need photos of the move! :)

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/3952460/

When asked about the moving van, Brad Cooper's attorney, Howard Kurtz, said, "It's not something I'm prepared to talk about right now."

Well, that news made my jaw drop. And what kind of waffle talk is that from Kurtz. Was he caught off guard by the news, or is there something they think they were going to pull off on the sly? Where is Ma C? Is there a realtor involved? Can we check MLS to see if it is listed or sold?

Ed Crump on ABC 11 is reporting that the furniture will be sold to pay custody legal bills. He said Brad had signed over cars and furnishings to his parents "months ago", and that since his arrest his parents signed them over to his civil attorney. Ed said Brad's attorney (referred to as she, so I'm assuming Sandlin) said only "presently owned" belongings are covered under the restraining order.

ETA: They've put the report online:
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6503990

I guess he'll be prepared to talk about it when they post something on the website about all the internet speculation about the move and how it's unfair to their client and it means nothing....

As an interesting aside - you'd think they would have changed their "clothing" entry to reflect JULY instead of JUNE - unless they are admitting to premeditation......

Perhaps web services are not part of the public defender gig...... only paying clients get that kind of presence....

Since he's still employed, I guess he's still paying the mortgage. And with the bailout - you'd think that foreclosure or any pending aid for folks that have fallen behind in their payments would be welcome! Maybe the bailout has an exclusion for non-payment due to incarceration.

On a less sarcastic note... how sad this must be for his family - dealing with undoing your don't financial life while he sits in jail accused of first degree murder. We all know how terrible this is for the Rentz's - but it's tragic in another way for the Coopers, too, and they get little public support or sympathy and they are not implicated, only ostracized by association.

Ed Crump on ABC 11 is reporting that the furniture will be sold to pay custody legal bills. He said Brad had signed over cars and furnishings to his parents "months ago", and that since his arrest his parents signed them over to his civil attorney. Ed said Brad's attorney (referred to as she, so I'm assuming Sandlin) said only "presently owned" belongings are covered under the restraining order.

So anything he has disposed of prior to the restraining order (or signed over...or gifted...or whatever term he wants to use), won't have to be returned? I saw that the Rentz's had requested a list of assets that he had liquidated since July 16. Is there anything that can be done about what's already been disposed of? I know it freezes everything from now on. Will his attorneys sign the cars back over or how does that all work (and why would the attorneys get the cars to be signed over to them)?

I think I'm confused (doesn't take much somedays!). :confused:

Yes, and I was thinking that the restraining order kind of meant "freeze things right where they are..." i.e., don't take anything out of that house!!!

Yes, and I was thinking that the restraining order kind of meant "freeze things right where they are..." i.e., don't take anything out of that house!!!

The WRAL article has been updated - to include what items were taken and where they are going - into storage if the movers are correct.

"Brad Cooper, who is being held without bond in the Wake County Jail, also can keep the furniture in the home, according to Stubbs. All of the other contents of the house must remain intact until the courts settle the questions of child support and who is entitled to what in Nancy Cooper's estate."

Are they saying he can have the furniture, or he can leave it in the home? And if all other contents must remain intact... ? If they are saying he can have the furniture, maybe that is why he is taking it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado