1360 users online (277 members and 1083 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    I can't remember just which thread the question about which side of the driveway the individual Cooper cars were usually parked, and I'm too tired to go looking - but I just did a google maps street view of the Cooper house. It appeared to me that the watermarked date said 2007. But the SUV was on the left, and the sedan was on the right, both in the driveway, and both garage doors shut. Just in case anyone is still interested in this question.
    As I received information, and relayed it to the defendant after her arrest, she continued to claim ignorance and at times, laughed at the situation. She still failed to show any outward signs of remorse or concern for her missing two year old daughter.
    --Yuri Melich, arrest warrant, July 16, 2008

It burns me up to see these children's items removed and not knowing what else was taken we didn't see.
    This is most likely where the girl's sat to make puzzles, colored pictures, etc. PLAY TIME=HAPPY TIME!

Furniture vs toys (children's belongings).
    Toys R Us vs Kids Pottery Barn.
    Is it considered toys or furniture depending on where you purchase it?
    Is it determined by wood or plastic?
    If this is how Sandlin is determining what to take the swingset is next to be taken since it's wood, and the Little Tykes cozy coupe can remain.
    So yes, it's a toss up if it is considered toys or furniture.

I always determine something by what it was used for, this being child's set. IMO, this was most likely a table and chair set, (only seeing the chairs removed), going in the category of girls personal belongings, something they played on.

The issue I have is the precious girls have so little left that if familiar to them...I would like to see the Rentz's & Lister's decide what they feel they need or want for the girls 1st.
    But greed is setting in as we are witnessing before they get that chance.
    “It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." ~Mark Twain~

Quote Originally Posted by Sewing_Buddy View Post
    So, do you think the house will sell???
    It has too much "history" for me to even think about moving my family into it.

There must be plenty of homes on the market now and I think there has to be full-disclosure if someone died in a house....hard to imagine someone hasn't heard about the story in the news around Cary and could move into the house unaware.
    The house will be marketed in the very near future IMO.
    Not knowing the condition of it will be hard to say just how long it will take to sell. It could be it only needed painting, but being 15yo, my guess is it needs much more than that. IIRC, NC had asked for a large amount of $$ to prepare the home to market, so I feel it is needing some work. Of course all negotiable.
    The home backs up to a main intersection so there is road noise, but is in a cul-d-sac.
    There is an identical home down the street that has NOT sold for several months. So it will be anyone's guess at this point the time frame to sell.

It does NOT have to be disclosed as a material fact about a death in the home. With that being said, the Statute DOES say a seller can't knowingly make a false statement. This applies for agents as well.
    IOW, if asked you must tell.
    “It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." ~Mark Twain~

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Well, it very well MAY be the poster was mistaken, I have no idea. However, IF it were me, (one of the plaintiffs), I would be ABSLULTELY SURE this poster was mistaken. After all, this 'poster' spent the better part of a day defending their claim and SEEMED to be SURE they were CORRECT.

I guess the next question would be, WHERE did this poster get their alleged information?

AS far as this being able to be substantiated and 'no way he'd have lied about that....'.................

That's what some people said about ALL of Brad's affidavits and stateaments given at the very beginning of this case. MANY of Brad's statements have now proven to be ehhhh...............NOT absolutely what he said.

IMO, I would err on the side of caution, IF it were me.

JMHO
    fran

Please enlighten me on these proven lies. I don't think anything has been proven to be a lie yet except the last name of his girlfriend from 10 years ago. And there is no way of knowing if that was a lie or a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by momto3kids View Post
    RC....these have been my thoughts all along.

How many of us have asked, "Have you ever heard or seen anything like this before?"
    This dog & pony show has chased down anyone and anything they could, treating it like it was a ciminal case and not the custody case that was at hand. Most issues they were chasing had absolutely NO business pertaining to the custody case.
    I said in the beginning he should have fired them when they started this crap. Not only us on WS, but the media is also getting a chuckle from all this.

Then comes Sandlin...why? My memory is vague, but BC had K&B for the seperation, Lynn Prather was dealing with the issues of custody in the beginning, why was Sandlin brought in?

What has now become obvious it leaves 2 innocent little girl with nothing! The possibly something they would treasure for memory sake in the near future, gone because Sandlin and for all we know possibly K&B got hold of it to sell for their selfish reasons. It could be as simple as a rocking chair NC held them in at night to rock them to sleep, but now it's gone.

They hired Dr. Gould, not BC. Who's decision was it?? Did he ask the cost?? Was he told this was the normal fee?? We will never know, but I bet ya there are plenty in Wake County who could have done a mental examination as well without all the travel expenses. The list goes on....

FWIW....I hired an attorney yrs ago for a class action lawsuit. Even though he came highly recommended, he was working for me and I interviewed him. I had to determine if I was going to get my money's worth and what was he going to do for me.
    He later left the firm and my case stayed behind. I got a bill when my case settled, from the new attorney who took over my case. I refused to pay the extra charges knowing they were inflated and unreasonable. Charges for calls, and paper work they had NOT done or not needed to be done, most were to be included in their final percentage. She served me a subpoena to sue me, so I filed a grievance with the NC Bar Assoc. NC Bar Assoc agreed with me, so I ended up cutting my bill in half.

Case being, the attorney's will try to take all they can if you don't watch their every move.

So I do wonder just who is driving the Jeep Laredo? Maybe BC mommy, but maybe not. If not mommy who is the female directing the movers???

As for my feelings on a deal to be worked out with the DA...never. K&B want their name out there in the media to make a NAME for themselves. Isn't that how it works?? Not if they win or lose, just recognition.

It wouldn't have mattered. If he didn't use it on the custody case, he would have had to on the criminal case.

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthSayer View Post
    LOL. This again? This one was proof positive that an anonymous person can make up pretty much any story and post it on the Internet without a shred of proof and some people will believe it.

Keep in mind that the guy who spun this yarn supported his claim by saying that his employer was a Cisco customer and that status of being a customer somehow afforded him access to people at Cisco who: 1) knew Brad's salary and bonus information and 2) would be willing to disclose that information to employees of customers.
    Exactly...and it will be somewhat believed on here until it is officially proved not to be true, which won't ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sewing_Buddy View Post
    So, do you think the house will sell???
    It has too much "history" for me to even think about moving my family into it.

There must be plenty of homes on the market now and I think there has to be full-disclosure if someone died in a house....hard to imagine someone hasn't heard about the story in the news around Cary and could move into the house unaware.

Second question:
    Does anyone know if Bella and Katie have cousins their age that they are living with? I haven't read anywhere about Krista and Jim Lister having children of their own.
    I don't think they would have to disclose that now since it hasn't been proven that someone died in the house yet.

Quote Originally Posted by momto3kids View Post
    It burns me up to see these children's items removed and not knowing what else was taken we didn't see.
    This is most likely where the girl's sat to make puzzles, colored pictures, etc. PLAY TIME=HAPPY TIME!

Furniture vs toys (children's belongings).
    Toys R Us vs Kids Pottery Barn.
    Is it considered toys or furniture depending on where you purchase it?
    Is it determined by wood or plastic?
    If this is how Sandlin is determining what to take the swingset is next to be taken since it's wood, and the Little Tykes cozy coupe can remain.
    So yes, it's a toss up if it is considered toys or furniture.

I always determine something by what it was used for, this being child's set. IMO, this was most likely a table and chair set, (only seeing the chairs removed), going in the category of girls personal belongings, something they played on.

The issue I have is the precious girls have so little left that if familiar to them...I would like to see the Rentz's & Lister's decide what they feel they need or want for the girls 1st.
    But greed is setting in as we are witnessing before they get that chance.
    While I agree it is sad that the things the children used are being taken, I don't think he could have kept them. Don't possessions of minors technically belong to the parents (ie, minors have no rights to ownership)?

Now we don't know if these items will be sold or stored...they could just be clearing out to sell the house.

Quote Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
    Please enlighten me on these proven lies. I don't think anything has been proven to be a lie yet except the last name of his girlfriend from 10 years ago. And there is no way of knowing if that was a lie or a mistake.
    You are right that we don't know everything yet and there are still many questions and needed clarifications. But, we have been discussing this for quite a while, so I am sure that Fran is referring to those discussions. There have been inconsistencies in Brad's story from the beginning. These can be considered lies.

There are specific threads where Brad's lies have been discussed and that may be a good place to discuss this. Read the 'Brad's lies' thread. Review the 'inconsistencies' threads. Review the affidavits that Brad wrote. Are there inconsistencies? Does he tell the same story in the 7 hour deposition? Are there also inconsistencies there? Of course, you can argue with the specific information in those threads, if you wish.

You should also have a look at Det. Daniels affidavit, where he emphasizes that there are inconsistencies in BC's story. Certainly we don't know what these are, but I would assume that Det. D is not making this up. We will learn more of course when we read about the trial.

This is just a starting point. I suspect that we will find out much more as the case unfolds.

JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Anderson View Post
    You are right that we don't know everything yet and there are still many questions and needed clarifications. But, we have been discussing this for quite a while, so I am sure that Fran is referring to those discussions. There have been inconsistencies in Brad's story from the beginning. These can be considered lies.

There are specific threads where Brad's lies have been discussed and that may be a good place to discuss this. Read the 'Brad's lies' thread. Review the 'inconsistencies' threads. Review the affidavits that Brad wrote. Are there inconsistencies? Does he tell the same story in the 7 hour deposition? Are there also inconsistencies there? Of course, you can argue with the specific information in those threads, if you wish.

You should also have a look at Det. Daniels affidavit, where he emphasizes that there are inconsistencies in BC's story. Certainly we don't know what these are, but I would assume that Det. D is not making this up. We will learn more of course when we read about the trial.

This is just a starting point. I suspect that we will find out much more as the case unfolds.

JMHO
    I have read that thread. My point is there hasn't been any proven lies to this point in time. We don't know what those inconsistencies are that Det. Daniels says. As of right now, I don't believe there has been anything shown that proves BC has lied about his version of events. Obviously there is speculation...and if he killed NC, that would be the biggest lie of all.

I too noticed the kids chairs being taken out of the house in that video. I'm going to assume that the kiddie items are not going into the clutches of any of the lawyers and are being put in storage and waiting for the Lister family to pick up, because the house is being 'staged' for the upcoming sale, and thus only certain furniture will be left in the house as part of this process. I'm having trouble imagining any of the lawyers wanting to take any of the kids' things, including their furniture, even if they have a legal right to it.

I don't believe there has been anything shown that proves BC has lied about his version of events. Obviously there is speculation...and if he killed NC, that would be the biggest lie of all.
    One of the issues of inconsistency is that Brad varies his story between his affys and his depo at different points. How does one ascertain which version of Brad's story to believe? He also claimed that he fully cooperated with police; police say that is not true and he would not come to the police station to talk with them. Brad's statements also are in conflict with those of the plaintiffs (aside from being in some conflict w/his own statements). I think by the end of this case you'll have trouble narrowing down which lies count among the worst (instead of wondering if there were any lies he told).

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
    One of the issues of inconsistency is that Brad varies his story between his affys and his depo at different points. How does one ascertain which version of Brad's story to believe? He also claimed that he fully cooperated with police; police say that is not true and he would not come to the police station to talk with them. Brad's statements also are in conflict with those of the plaintiffs (aside from being in some conflict w/his own statements). I think by the end of this case you'll have trouble narrowing down which lies count among the worst (instead of wondering if there were any lies he told).
    Quite possibly...I hope it is that cut and dry in the end. I don't necessarily look at inconsistencies as lies. Human memory is a complicated thing. Remembering exactly what you did is not easy to do. And some people have better long term memory than short term. I tried to think back to exactly what I did this morning, and I can't do it step by step. And I later remembered things that I forgot earlier.

Not saying that is what happened to BC....but inconsistencies don't necessarily mean lies.

Quite possibly...I hope it is that cut and dry in the end. I don't necessarily look at inconsistencies as lies. Human memory is a complicated thing. Remembering exactly what you did is not easy to do. And some people have better long term memory than short term. I tried to think back to exactly what I did this morning, and I can't do it step by step. And I later remembered things that I forgot earlier.

Not saying that is what happened to BC....but inconsistencies don't necessarily mean lies.

It is quite easy to remember the truth. Most people don't have trouble with that. That is why BC's memory problems are of concern.

I understand why you might not remember day to day activities, especially when they are part of your routine. But, most people can remember significant things, such as the name of their former fiance. Most people would have also mentioned other serious relationships that they have had when asked about this in the deposition. We know that he was also involved with RKAB. We are not surprised that he forgot to mention that, since she would not have given him a very good reference.

Brad has said that there was only one indiscretion that only happened once with Heather (perhaps true if you take the closet incident as the only time that counted). It took him a year to admit that to NC and much longer to give the details to his (former?) friend Scott. Brad's former colleague clarified that Brad had taken his ring off and paired off with another woman while on the France trip. Apparently, he told Celene that he was leaving his wife Nancy long before that was actually the plan. Why would this person make that up? If you look at the pictures of that trip, it is not hard to believe! This also fits with NC's friends comments about the woman that had called NC. Why would you think that the Detective is not correct in his affidavit, particularly since Brad has been arrested? Why do you assume that absolutely everyone else is possibly lying and that BC must be just mistaken? Why will you give Brad the benefit of the doubt and not take these other positions (which need to be clarified, as do Brad's) into account in your assessment of the case? That is what I don't understand.

Then there is the cleaning issue, Nancy went on a run with Carey, . . . and so on. Certainly, as I emphasized, we need more information, some clarification. I agree with you about this. That is what the trial will be for. But, I do tend to look at other views that are circulating besides BC's shifting version of events.

Anyway, you can forget about all this for a while with your daughter on the way. Tomorrow will be a memorable day! Best wishes to you!

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
    SG, even if Brad's lies are not proven, and his lawyers argue that he was just mistaken at times, will the inconsistencies in his story still play a significant role in swaying a jury? Or will some of this information be ruled out and simply not make it to the trial? I'm not sure how this works.

I look forward to reading AL's book!

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast