980 users online (208 members and 772 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Do you feel all search areas of Interest are really "Cleared" ?

Voters
383. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 12.27%
  • No

291 75.98%
  • I Don't Know

45 11.75%

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

120 TES Search Areas "Cleared". Yes or No ?

TM says that TES had cleared all "Areas of Interest" (120 search grids per what we were told at the TL meeting last weekend).

Do you feel comfortable in TMs statement ? I vote "NO".

What is TM's definition of cleared?

I voted NO. I just don't think every inch of an area can be covered so quickly when searching for such a little body, especially with passage to time and conditions.

Even though I support TM and TES and Im a little upset with him right now IMO I dont think he cleared all the area. And Im concerned that him meeting the the A's and their attorney has clouded his judgment. But thats just me
    "Please note - this is a message board, not a blog. Thank you"... Sincerely, Tricia Griffith and the Websleuths Family

I think that the results of this poll is something that TM and OSCO both should take a look at. Lot's of WS'rs that were there searching themselves, will prolly take part in this poll...

I also think that LP's vote would probably be "NO" as well. He's there and knows what went down this past weekend.

I voted IDK...

I just can't seem to grasp in my mind what areas have been searched, deemed cleared, deemed a point of interest. I would be great if we could get a map of the area, highlight the points of interest then mark off each area that has positively been cleared. Maybe then the next group of searchers will have a good idea of where to go next.

I'm pretty handy with Photoshop if anyone can supply me with the location details I probably could mock something up.

I vote NO! But then again, from the view point of OCSO and the prosecutors office they don't necessarily need the body. I know that seems cruel but they must maintain objectivity and the continual searching and use of public funds must benefit all. I don't feel that "they" believe it does.

TES on the other hand... What's going on there?
    Last edited by FightTheOstrich; 11-14-2008 at 10:53 AM. Reason: grammatical

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkie78 View Post
    I voted IDK...

I just can't seem to grasp in my mind what areas have been searched, deemed cleared, deemed a point of interest. I would be great if we could get a map of the area, highlight the points of interest then mark off each area that has positively been cleared. Maybe then the next group of searchers will have a good idea of where to go next.

I'm pretty handy with Photoshop if anyone can supply me with the location details I probably could mock something up.
    Hey Bunkie - I wasn't lucky enough to get a grid/search map from TES last weekend, else I would scan and send to you. Maybe another WS'r has one ?

I voted No based on interview I read with TM where he said *most* not *all* areas had been searched, and based on anecdotal evidence from multiple searchers' stories.

I vote No because at no point did Tim say he cleared everything. I believe that he cleared maybe a third of the "hot spots" and at that point decided to call it a day. In sense he is not in it for the glory so it really doesn't matter if he finds Caylee or not. I do believe he is influenced by the Anthony army and their lack of help and more importantly their deception. As he stated many times before, this is the first family that has resisted Tim's help.
    Another issue is money, Tim always talks about how much this search cost, and makes appeals for money. I think Tim's standard operating procedure in all of his searches is go in for a couple of days look, and if nothing is found pull out. His mistake is he keeps saying he'll come back and then he promises to stay until a certain date but then pulls out early, losing credibilty. If he is done searching then he should just stay away and move on, ....unfortunately...TES has gotten more money...more volunteers...more food donations looking for Caylee than any other case.. so I guess when the 30k from North Carolina runs out he'll make announcment he is coming back to Orlando. This is just my opinion.
    People lie....Science doesn't

That's NOT what I heard Tim say. Why even venture into this when it's not even what he said??

120 areas was what was planned to be searched but due to low turnout that didn't happen. There's enough unrest with all the goings on without this.

On NG last night, THIS is what Tim said.......

"I`m going to go to Tim Miller on this -- because of the torrential flooding rains in Florida to start with and they`d come back when they thought they could do some good.

Tim Miller, where did you guys go?

"TIM MILLER, HEAD OF EQUUSEARCH, RESUMING SEARCH FOR CAYLEE ANTHONY: In this search we did exactly what the sheriff`s department wanted us to do. [ We completed the areas that would be flooded.

GRACE: Extensive areas.

MILLER: Extensive areas. Many, many distractions. The search continues for Caylee every weekend to a smaller scale. We`re not going anywhere. When we`re going to go back there on a bigger scale, we`ll certainly be there with the best resources that we`ve got."

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhawk View Post
    I vote No because at no point did Tim say he cleared everything. I believe that he cleared maybe a third of the "hot spots" and at that point decided to call it a day. In sense he is not in it for the glory so it really doesn't matter if he finds Caylee or not. I do believe he is influenced by the Anthony army and their lack of help and more importantly their deception. As he stated many times before, this is the first family that has resisted Tim's help.
    Another issue is money, Tim always talks about how much this search cost, and makes appeals for money. I think Tim's standard operating procedure in all of his searches is go in for a couple of days look, and if nothing is found pull out. His mistake is he keeps saying he'll come back and then he promises to stay until a certain date but then pulls out early, losing credibilty. If he is done searching then he should just stay away and move on, ....unfortunately...TES has gotten more money...more volunteers...more food donations looking for Caylee than any other case.. so I guess when the 30k from North Carolina runs out he'll make announcment he is coming back to Orlando. This is just my opinion.

He'll probably be back several times. This isn't a 9 to 5 job.

Quote Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
    That's NOT what I heard Tim say. Why even venture into this when it's not even what he said??

120 areas was what was planned to be searched but due to low turnout that didn't happen. There's enough unrest with all the goings on without this.

On NG last night, THIS is what Tim said.......

"I`m going to go to Tim Miller on this -- because of the torrential flooding rains in Florida to start with and they`d come back when they thought they could do some good.

Tim Miller, where did you guys go?

"TIM MILLER, HEAD OF EQUUSEARCH, RESUMING SEARCH FOR CAYLEE ANTHONY: In this search we did exactly what the sheriff`s department wanted us to do. [ We completed the areas that would be flooded.

GRACE: Extensive areas.

MILLER: Extensive areas. Many, many distractions. The search continues for Caylee every weekend to a smaller scale. We`re not going anywhere. When we`re going to go back there on a bigger scale, we`ll certainly be there with the best resources that we`ve got."
    Where do you get that I'm referring to something he said on NG? I'm not. TM has said this to lots of the local media (looking for links now).

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaKatz View Post
    Where do you get that I'm referring to something he said on NG? I'm not. TM has said this to lots of the local media (looking for links now).

Yes, he did but it was as a "planned 120 grid search", not what was actually covered.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaKatz View Post
    I think that the results of this poll is something that TM and OSCO both should take a look at. Lot's of WS'rs that were there searching themselves, will prolly take part in this poll...

I also think that LP's vote would probably be "NO" as well. He's there and knows what went down this past weekend.

Because TM and TES has been so unreliable in the past?
    Is that what you are implying? Or are you saying that all of a sudden, he's just decided to do a half*ss job?

What are you basing your judgement of TM and his organization on? His experience in the field vs amateur searchers?
    He's always been diligent and well respected for what he does and now all of a sudden, he and what he does mean nothing?
    I am certain that his years of experience with search, rescue and recovery will have far more bearing on this case than a few internet opinions.
    In fact, it will have far more bearing than a million internet opionions.
    "Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come."
    - Kafka
    "Know the right moment."

What I type here is mostly my opinion.
    I really don't care if my opinions offend.

I voted "no." Even if they have said that only 20 grids have been "cleared," I still wouldn't be satisfied. It's unfortunate to say, but from reading some of the reports (not all, mind you), there was some confusion at certain search sites, as well as people being questionably fit for searching, or just not experienced enough to do a thorough search. When you add these components together it is impossible to say that anything has been cleared 100%.

This was a volunteer effort and I am SO PROUD of everyone involved, but it would be silly to assume that everything has been completely cleared.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast