120 TES Search Areas "Cleared". Yes or No ?

Do you feel all search areas of Interest are really "Cleared" ?

• Yes

Votes: 47 12.3%
  • No

Votes: 291 76.0%
  • I Don't Know

Votes: 45 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FloridaKatz

Former Member
Reaction score
TM says that TES had cleared all "Areas of Interest" (120 search grids per what we were told at the TL meeting last weekend).

Do you feel comfortable in TMs statement ? I vote "NO".

What is TM's definition of cleared?

I voted NO. I just don't think every inch of an area can be covered so quickly when searching for such a little body, especially with passage to time and conditions.

Even though I support TM and TES and Im a little upset with him right now IMO I dont think he cleared all the area. And Im concerned that him meeting the the A's and their attorney has clouded his judgment. But thats just me:)

I think that the results of this poll is something that TM and OSCO both should take a look at. Lot's of WS'rs that were there searching themselves, will prolly take part in this poll...

I also think that LP's vote would probably be "NO" as well. He's there and knows what went down this past weekend.

I voted IDK...

I just can't seem to grasp in my mind what areas have been searched, deemed cleared, deemed a point of interest. I would be great if we could get a map of the area, highlight the points of interest then mark off each area that has positively been cleared. Maybe then the next group of searchers will have a good idea of where to go next.

I'm pretty handy with Photoshop if anyone can supply me with the location details I probably could mock something up.

I vote NO! But then again, from the view point of OCSO and the prosecutors office they don't necessarily need the body. I know that seems cruel but they must maintain objectivity and the continual searching and use of public funds must benefit all. I don't feel that "they" believe it does.

TES on the other hand... What's going on there?

I voted IDK...

I just can't seem to grasp in my mind what areas have been searched, deemed cleared, deemed a point of interest. I would be great if we could get a map of the area, highlight the points of interest then mark off each area that has positively been cleared. Maybe then the next group of searchers will have a good idea of where to go next.

I'm pretty handy with Photoshop if anyone can supply me with the location details I probably could mock something up.

Hey Bunkie - I wasn't lucky enough to get a grid/search map from TES last weekend, else I would scan and send to you. Maybe another WS'r has one ?

I voted No based on interview I read with TM where he said *most* not *all* areas had been searched, and based on anecdotal evidence from multiple searchers' stories.

I vote No because at no point did Tim say he cleared everything. I believe that he cleared maybe a third of the "hot spots" and at that point decided to call it a day. In sense he is not in it for the glory so it really doesn't matter if he finds Caylee or not. I do believe he is influenced by the Anthony army and their lack of help and more importantly their deception. As he stated many times before, this is the first family that has resisted Tim's help.
Another issue is money, Tim always talks about how much this search cost, and makes appeals for money. I think Tim's standard operating procedure in all of his searches is go in for a couple of days look, and if nothing is found pull out. His mistake is he keeps saying he'll come back and then he promises to stay until a certain date but then pulls out early, losing credibilty. If he is done searching then he should just stay away and move on, ....unfortunately...TES has gotten more money...more volunteers...more food donations looking for Caylee than any other case.. so I guess when the 30k from North Carolina runs out he'll make announcment he is coming back to Orlando. This is just my opinion.

That's NOT what I heard Tim say. Why even venture into this when it's not even what he said??

120 areas was what was planned to be searched but due to low turnout that didn't happen. There's enough unrest with all the goings on without this.

On NG last night, THIS is what Tim said.......

"I`m going to go to Tim Miller on this -- because of the torrential flooding rains in Florida to start with and they`d come back when they thought they could do some good.

Tim Miller, where did you guys go?

"TIM MILLER, HEAD OF EQUUSEARCH, RESUMING SEARCH FOR CAYLEE ANTHONY: In this search we did exactly what the sheriff`s department wanted us to do. [ We completed the areas that would be flooded.

GRACE: Extensive areas.

MILLER: Extensive areas. Many, many distractions. The search continues for Caylee every weekend to a smaller scale. We`re not going anywhere. When we`re going to go back there on a bigger scale, we`ll certainly be there with the best resources that we`ve got."

I vote No because at no point did Tim say he cleared everything. I believe that he cleared maybe a third of the "hot spots" and at that point decided to call it a day. In sense he is not in it for the glory so it really doesn't matter if he finds Caylee or not. I do believe he is influenced by the Anthony army and their lack of help and more importantly their deception. As he stated many times before, this is the first family that has resisted Tim's help.
Another issue is money, Tim always talks about how much this search cost, and makes appeals for money. I think Tim's standard operating procedure in all of his searches is go in for a couple of days look, and if nothing is found pull out. His mistake is he keeps saying he'll come back and then he promises to stay until a certain date but then pulls out early, losing credibilty. If he is done searching then he should just stay away and move on, ....unfortunately...TES has gotten more money...more volunteers...more food donations looking for Caylee than any other case.. so I guess when the 30k from North Carolina runs out he'll make announcment he is coming back to Orlando. This is just my opinion.

He'll probably be back several times. This isn't a 9 to 5 job.

That's NOT what I heard Tim say. Why even venture into this when it's not even what he said??

120 areas was what was planned to be searched but due to low turnout that didn't happen. There's enough unrest with all the goings on without this.

"I`m going to go to Tim Miller on this -- because of the torrential flooding rains in Florida to start with and they`d come back when they thought they could do some good.

"TIM MILLER, HEAD OF EQUUSEARCH, RESUMING SEARCH FOR CAYLEE ANTHONY: In this search we did exactly what the sheriff`s department wanted us to do. [ We completed the areas that would be flooded.

MILLER: Extensive areas. Many, many distractions. The search continues for Caylee every weekend to a smaller scale. We`re not going anywhere. When we`re going to go back there on a bigger scale, we`ll certainly be there with the best resources that we`ve got."

Where do you get that I'm referring to something he said on NG? I'm not. TM has said this to lots of the local media (looking for links now).

Where do you get that I'm referring to something he said on NG? I'm not. TM has said this to lots of the local media (looking for links now).

Yes, he did but it was as a "planned 120 grid search", not what was actually covered.

I think that the results of this poll is something that TM and OSCO both should take a look at. Lot's of WS'rs that were there searching themselves, will prolly take part in this poll...

I also think that LP's vote would probably be "NO" as well. He's there and knows what went down this past weekend.

Because TM and TES has been so unreliable in the past?
Is that what you are implying? Or are you saying that all of a sudden, he's just decided to do a half*ss job?

What are you basing your judgement of TM and his organization on? His experience in the field vs amateur searchers?
He's always been diligent and well respected for what he does and now all of a sudden, he and what he does mean nothing?
I am certain that his years of experience with search, rescue and recovery will have far more bearing on this case than a few internet opinions.
In fact, it will have far more bearing than a million internet opionions.

I voted "no." Even if they have said that only 20 grids have been "cleared," I still wouldn't be satisfied. It's unfortunate to say, but from reading some of the reports (not all, mind you), there was some confusion at certain search sites, as well as people being questionably fit for searching, or just not experienced enough to do a thorough search. When you add these components together it is impossible to say that anything has been cleared 100%.

This was a volunteer effort and I am SO PROUD of everyone involved, but it would be silly to assume that everything has been completely cleared.

I vote no
I was one of the searchers in group 2 for a place off Goldenrod, there was thich wood and a swamp area. First I thought we were suppose to have flags to flag off if we found something, not so. Our group leader did not even have flags. I first found a clorox plastic bottle that had been there a little while, it was fadded a little. I remembered KC had bought clorox at one of the stores, also remember GA saying KC car had Arm-n hammer in it. I called for anyone to come check out the clorox, no one had flags. Finally we got a flag to flag it, but how could anyone see it because it was in the woods? So my sister and I went to the other side of the area which was a swamp area with lots of elephant ears very overgrown, I was positive the area had not been searched. I could see a spot of something blue down in the swamp area at a tree. We chopped our way in and there was a dark blue childs sleeping bag, also a light blue blanket. This time I ran and got the sheriff that was standing around talking. He came over to the spot , would not go down into the swamp with me,and said , " oh I saw that months ago, it is from homeless people.The area had not been flagged off, nor would he flag it then. He then said again the baby was not in this area, he said kc was to smart to put the baby here! He said Ks was way to smart, said the baby was in a dump never would be found! I knew this spot had not been checked because we had to chop down a lot bushes to even go into the swamp to check it. No one had been there I was sure of because it would have been flagged. How can the baby ever be found with things like this happening. He made me sick braging about how smart this killer of this baby is. I don't believe anyone went back out to that area to even check the flags. This all makes me so sick the way the search is going.I know I misspelled a lot of words, once I started writting between the tears and trying to get it said I wanted to post.
Added: I worry about the childs sleeping bag, It may have nothing to do with baby C, but what aboyut the duket baby? What about other missing children, a childs sleeping bag in a swamp, something is just not right here.

Because TM and TES has been so unreliable in the past?
Is that what you are implying? Or are you saying that all of a sudden, he's just decided to do a half*ss job?

What are you basing your judgement of TM and his organization on? His experience in the field vs amateur searchers?
He's always been diligent and well respected for what he does and now all of a sudden, he and what he does mean nothing?
I am certain that his years of experience with search, rescue and recovery will have far more bearing on this case than a few internet opinions.
In fact, it will have far more bearing than a million internet opionions.

Not what I'm saying. When TM & TES has to rely on volunteers that are not CORE TES, they also have to rely on the debriefing of what those voluteers tell them was the result of their search. How can he be confident that areas are cleared if he or a core TES person weren't often there to see for themselves?

If you were leading a search, and you were searching at location 1 and had a team of volunteers searching at location 2, would you be confident that location 2 turned up nothing if you didn't see it for yourself or one of your core team ?

I just don't think it is even possible. The area is too vast, too full of water & marsh. There is just no way, especially when you take into account that the majority of his last stay in Orlando was spent in meetings instead of out in the field. I'm sorry but when we have members of WS who were there with TES searching who say that it wasn't complete - that to me says A LOT!

My concern is- our last search site consisted of a wooded area behind a subdivision. Several teams showed up and searched a portion. When we were going to complete a certain area I was told by a team leader we could not go in due to area being a "conservation area" and not to disturb. We were called off the search. I thought it odd, cause I am sure KC could have cared less and avoided the area. Seemed liked the more feasible area due to being behind a small playground w/parking area. So our search grid was not completed and no way considered "clear".

My concern is- our last search site consisted of a wooded area behind a subdivision. Several teams showed up and searched a portion. When we were going to complete a certain area I was told by a team leader we could not go in due to area being a "conservation area" and not to disturb. We were called off the search. I thought it odd, cause I am sure KC could have cared less and avoided the area. Seemed liked the more feasible area due to being behind a small playground w/parking area. So our search grid was not completed and no way considered "clear".

Wow, that is just ridiculous (of the TL) to tell you that ! We have conservation areas around my neighborhood that we walk through all the time! If it isn't fenced off and considered private property where you CAN'T get into the area, then it's all fair game for KC and searchers alike, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth