View Poll Results: Do you feel all search areas of Interest are really "Cleared" ?

Voters
383. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    47 12.27%
  • No

    291 75.98%
  • I Don't Know

    45 11.75%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 166
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern Adirondack Mountains
    Posts
    4,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolce171 View Post
    WOW!!! 87% WSer's .... resounding "NO" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Someone forward this to TES!

    Do you really think TES needs to be distracted with "opinions"? They know all about their problems.


  2. #62
    I am somewhat distracted by the resounding defensiveness aimed at opinions. I enjoy reading opinions and think that people should be able to express them about TES or anyone else involved in this case without being met with hostility.


  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern Adirondack Mountains
    Posts
    4,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili View Post
    I voted NO. I just don't think every inch of an area can be covered so quickly when searching for such a little body, especially with passage to time and conditions.
    Lili: You are absolutely right. Every inch of an area can be searched a half dozen times and you will still miss something. It happens all the time. That's why there are 4, 6, 8 searches for the same person at various intervals of time. Maybe that eighth time you find something. Maybe never. There are no guarantees and staying in one search area with a skeleton crew isn't going to get the job done either. What I am shocked with most is the bashing that Equusearch is taking over a over-publicized, over-anticipated, over-estimated "search of the century" that resulted in 1500 people over a 2 day period and everyone wants every inch of 120 search sites to have been covered with a fine toothed comb. Mistakes were made, of course, not by just a few, by many but we learn as we go and we do the best we can. All of us. If we can't work together as a team, then what are we doing pretending to try to help some poor family that wants to know what happened to their loved one? Please, someone tell me that.


  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,588
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    I voted NO as well. I have to agree with your post. Don't you think the search for Caylee would have been more cost efficient had he hung in and completed the job?
    I think it would have been more cost effective to stick around. They had 2 HUGE, really nice travel RV's parked at the command center (the kind Rock Stars travel around in), and I'm sure those things are real "gas suckers". On top of that, transporting all their humvees, atv's and what not all over the country cannot be cheap.

    Well now you know where some of the donation money goes to. Just wish I could figure out how to start up a non profit, get lots of donations, by me a big ole nice RV and travel the country side for free....


  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern Adirondack Mountains
    Posts
    4,332
    Quote Originally Posted by anastacia129 View Post
    I am somewhat distracted by the resounding defensiveness aimed at opinions. I enjoy reading opinions and think that people should be able to express them about TES or anyone else involved in this case without being met with hostility.

    That's not hostile, that's a very valid question? Why would anyone want to forward an 87% concensus that WS'ers aren't happy with the search coverage? Do you really think that is the right thing to do?

    Opinions here are one thing. That's another.


  6. #66
    EmMomma's Avatar
    EmMomma is offline Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,981
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaKatz View Post
    I think it would have been more cost effective to stick around. They had 2 HUGE, really nice travel RV's parked at the command center (the kind Rock Stars travel around in), and I'm sure those things are real "gas suckers". On top of that, transporting all their humvees, atv's and what not all over the country cannot be cheap.

    Well now you know where some of the donation money goes to. Just wish I could figure out how to start up a non profit, get lots of donations, by me a big ole nice RV and travel the country side for free....
    Wow, I"m really sorry you feel this way.
    "Lost is not alone..." T. Miller, Founder TES (and MY HERO!!!)

    "I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

    Edward Everett Hale


  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolce171 View Post
    WOW!!! 87% WSer's .... resounding "NO" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Someone forward this to TES!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
    Do you really think TES needs to be distracted with "opinions"? They know all about their problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by anastacia129 View Post
    I am somewhat distracted by the resounding defensiveness aimed at opinions. I enjoy reading opinions and think that people should be able to express them about TES or anyone else involved in this case without being met with hostility.
    Thank you Anastacia - my comment about forwarding the info to TES was sent with a giggle ... not meant as a direct order ... guess I should have included that in my reply.


  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Gamehendge
    Posts
    946
    Quote Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
    That's not hostile, that's a very valid question? Why would anyone want to forward an 87% concensus that WS'ers aren't happy with the search coverage? Do you really think that is the right thing to do?

    Opinions here are one thing. That's another.
    I am not trying to be "snarky" but I would think that since their efforts do depend on donations that they would want to be made aware of any concerns being expressed by their supporters. I know alot of people at WS donate to their cause and I think we should leave it to them (tes) to decide if concerns are valid and need to be addressed.


  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern Adirondack Mountains
    Posts
    4,332
    Quote Originally Posted by suspicious mind View Post
    I am not trying to be "snarky" but I would think that since their efforts do depend on donations that they would want to be made aware of any concerns being expressed by their supporters. I know alot of people at WS donate to their cause and I think we should leave it to them (tes) to decide if concerns are valid and need to be addressed.
    I understand your message but, unfortunately a lot of what I've seen over the past few days doesn't even resemble "support" for TES. That has me concerned.


  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,492
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaKatz View Post
    I think it would have been more cost effective to stick around. They had 2 HUGE, really nice travel RV's parked at the command center (the kind Rock Stars travel around in), and I'm sure those things are real "gas suckers". On top of that, transporting all their humvees, atv's and what not all over the country cannot be cheap.

    Well now you know where some of the donation money goes to. Just wish I could figure out how to start up a non profit, get lots of donations, by me a big ole nice RV and travel the country side for free....
    I want one of those $800,000 motor homes myself............could we start that together? Casper would LOVE being transported to searches in that. LOL


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
    I understand your message but, unfortunately a lot of what I've seen over the past few days doesn't even resemble "support" for TES. That has me concerned.
    To be honest, after having been involved in the searches (not with TES), I am having to re-evaluate my support for TES at this point.


  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern Adirondack Mountains
    Posts
    4,332
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBOTHINK View Post
    To be honest, after having been involved in the searches (not with TES), I am having to re-evaluate my support for TES at this point.
    You are entitled to that however, I urge you to consider all sides before making your decision. They do far too much for so many thankfully in ways a lot of us will never realize.


  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,167
    Quote Originally Posted by anastacia129 View Post
    I am somewhat distracted by the resounding defensiveness aimed at opinions. I enjoy reading opinions and think that people should be able to express them about TES or anyone else involved in this case without being met with hostility.
    Me too, I think many people here really care and put their mind and gut into this.
    I know they always add to their opinion that it is JMO,MOO, etc....
    And given all the facts in this case (what facts - just a barrel of lies) are mostly opinions anyway; we do need to hear them.
    IMHO there are not enough facts: Caylee is missing, Casey Mom did not report it for one month; George and Cindy are out of control; The car smelled like death; and this "B" is not talking.....
    Mostly all else is putting together a puzzle; with no help from the immediate family IMHO
    I enjoy reading all of your opinions - your hearts are so much bigger then Caylee's family.
    But I do not think that TES needs to be hearing our opinions. If they do they can log on and read.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

    We're flexible like that.


  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    60,350
    Quote Originally Posted by EmMomma View Post
    I was there this weekend and wondered often how they determine and area is "cleared". Someone/a team (one person, or one team, on a line search) searching and not finding anything doesn't seem adequate to me. What we are looking for at this point could be SO TINY that 4 people could walk past, and the 5th might see it. The areas I searched personally were so thick with underbrush, overgrowth (I'm 5'8, was up to my armpits at times), and dead plants on the ground that it was nearly impossible at times.

    I don't recall TM saying that all 120-ish areas were cleared.
    I believe Tim said all the areas LE wanted him to search have been cleared.


  15. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    60,350
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaKatz View Post
    I think it would have been more cost effective to stick around. They had 2 HUGE, really nice travel RV's parked at the command center (the kind Rock Stars travel around in), and I'm sure those things are real "gas suckers". On top of that, transporting all their humvees, atv's and what not all over the country cannot be cheap.

    Well now you know where some of the donation money goes to. Just wish I could figure out how to start up a non profit, get lots of donations, by me a big ole nice RV and travel the country side for free....
    No doubt about it, the cost of filling up a motor coach is astronomical.

    Please share when you figure out how to attain that life of luxury.


Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jason Young's Search Warrant & "Murder in Durham"
    By terminatrixator in forum Janet Christiansen Abaroa
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 06:20 PM
  2. How will John Ramsey's behavior change now that he is "cleared"?
    By RainbowsAndGumdrops in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 10:00 PM
  3. Found Deceased TX - Eldon "Punk" Hues, 79, Shepherd, 26 Nov 2007
    By hoppyfrog in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 05:14 PM
  4. man cleared in "murder by dessert spoon".
    By blueclouds in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2004, 02:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •