At this point in time, when do you think suspect(s) will be named & charges brought?

When will suspect(s) be named & charges brought?

• Believe someone will be charged soon (by 6/8/09)

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Believe LE has suspects but needs more evidence

Votes: 38 39.6%
  • Believe this will be a cold case-no suspect little evidence

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Believe this case may never be solved - Investigation/crime scene compromised

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • Don't have an opinion

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

Boots-OK

Reaction score
Based upon your research, media information, personal thoughts, etc., when do you think charges will be brought in these murders. Please share your reasons for believing as you do.
You may choose more than one belief.

Boots, I believe LE knows who committed this crime but really wants to make sure that the evidence sticks. I believe because the girls were killed so quickly, there wasn't DNA or enough evidene left at the murder scene to guarantee a conviction.

I believe they are waiting for someone to turn on someone else, or for the person to crack and spill what they know.

I pray that this happens soon, but am not that optimistic. Someone knows something, they just need to talk!

I have to agree with Lauren, Boots! I still think it is two young guys, and I think they are equally culpable. If one implicates the other, he implicates himself. I'm surprised that one of them hasn't killed the other, because the chance of spilling the truth increases when there is more than one person involved.

I think there are people out there who might know something, but are terribly afraid to come forward!

I truly believe they have a very good idea who did this but not enough probable cause and/or evidence. They are trying to work on the consciences of those who may be involved or know something (hence the billboard and reward posters in every public place). I don't think LE will get what they need very soon, and I am hesitant to say that by 6-8-09 they will have suspect(s) in custody. I hope I am wrong.

Cheers!
KP

In the beginning I believed this to be revenge. What better way to hurt someone than to harm their child. I have gone thru all the scenarious I could think of and keep coming back to revenge.
I also believe it's two shooters. Two guns, two shooters. Just makes more sense. IMO
I have a strong feeling that charges will be brought soon. Before the end of this year.
After going to Weleetka in person, I think that it is too small of a town and too isolated for this to ever be a cold case.
I think there are people out there who know who and why the murders were committed but are too afraid to speak out.

Boots, I believe LE knows who committed this crime but really wants to make sure that the evidence sticks. I believe because the girls were killed so quickly, there wasn't DNA or enough evidene left at the murder scene to guarantee a conviction.

I believe they are waiting for someone to turn on someone else, or for the person to crack and spill what they know.

I pray that this happens soon, but am not that optimistic. Someone knows something, they just need to talk!

My thoughts and feelings exactly.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lauren - CA

I could not have said it better.... I agree 100%

Hi everybody !!

I can't make up my mind, so I voted 'Don't have an opinion', but really, I have opinions, they just change a lot. This case is very frustrating. Maybe revenge against other family members, random violent attack, accidental witnesses to criminal activity, something no one has thought of. All seem possible.

It may be more than one cause for the murder and maybe even something we haven't thought about but I honestly believe it will be "solved" soon. Hoping and praying

I agree with Lauren and I believe LE's have enough evidence to place one suspect at the scene and will wait as long as it takes to have enough evidence to bring in the second suspect.
Two suspects > one shooter.

I agree with Lauren and I believe LE's have enough evidence to place one suspect at the scene and will wait as long as it takes to have enough evidence to bring in the second suspect.
Two suspects > one shooter.

Hi, Sheza...If I understand your post - you theorize there are 2 suspects and one shooter. Can you share why you believe only one is the shooter?

I voted too. I'm with the majority. Praying for a break soon and for closure for the Weleetka community and the families.

From the get go....Jerry Patterson immediately came to my mind, and several others who actually know him. Believe it or not, I can honestly see him being slightly provoked, and retaliating. Back when I knew this man, his car was loaded with weapons, and I've actually had him point a gun at my car once.

From the get go....Jerry Patterson immediately came to my mind, and several others who actually know him. Believe it or not, I can honestly see him being slightly provoked, and retaliating. Back when I knew this man, his car was loaded with weapons, and I've actually had him point a gun at my car once.

I'm certainly glad he didn't pull the trigger. I would never have had the pleasure of meeting you! Hugs!

MS, have you reported this to OSBI??

I voted too. I'm with the majority. Praying for a break soon and for closure for the Weleetka community and the families.

We are all praying for closure for the families........and justice for the girls!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back