800 users online (114 members and 686 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: When will suspect(s) be named & charges brought?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Believe someone will be charged soon (by 6/8/09)

6 6.25%
  • Believe LE has suspects but needs more evidence

38 39.58%
  • Believe this will be a cold case-no suspect little evidence

33 34.38%
  • Believe this case may never be solved - Investigation/crime scene compromised

17 17.71%
  • Don't have an opinion

6 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing Sarah View Post
    From the get go....Jerry Patterson immediately came to my mind, and several others who actually know him. Believe it or not, I can honestly see him being slightly provoked, and retaliating. Back when I knew this man, his car was loaded with weapons, and I've actually had him point a gun at my car once.
    I'm certainly glad he didn't pull the trigger. I would never have had the pleasure of meeting you! Hugs!

I voted, too.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

I voted. Thanx for the poll.
    (all posts are my opinion only--do not try to understand my logic)

Lauren - CA is offline The purpose of life is a life of purpose. Robert Byrne
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing Sarah View Post
    From the get go....Jerry Patterson immediately came to my mind, and several others who actually know him. Believe it or not, I can honestly see him being slightly provoked, and retaliating. Back when I knew this man, his car was loaded with weapons, and I've actually had him point a gun at my car once.
    MS, have you reported this to OSBI??

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    I voted too. I'm with the majority. Praying for a break soon and for closure for the Weleetka community and the families.
    We are all praying for closure for the families........and justice for the girls!!

I think LE has one or more in their sights and I think they pretty much have from the beginning.

They need more evidence.

I do have faith that this case will be solved.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Hmmm...maybe we discussed this in another thread. There has been mention that D Dailey could be involved. He is currently in custody for burglary and was called to testify before the GJ. He has pled guilty to the burglary and is scheduled for sentencing on December 19th. His Dad wrote a letter to the court requesting a new court appointed attorney November 15th.

I'm wondering if he gets probation on the burglary - will there be any charges brought against him in relation to the girls' murders to keep him in custody? It will be interesting to keep a close eye out for the results of the 12/19 sentencing - IMO

http://www1.odcr.com/detail.php?Case...60&County=056-

Quote Originally Posted by Boots-OK View Post
    Hmmm...maybe we discussed this in another thread. There has been mention that D Dailey could be involved. He is currently in custody for burglary and was called to testify before the GJ. He has pled guilty to the burglary and is scheduled for sentencing on December 19th. His Dad wrote a letter to the court requesting a new court appointed attorney November 15th.

I'm wondering if he gets probation on the burglary - will there be any charges brought against him in relation to the girls' murders to keep him in custody? It will be interesting to keep a close eye out for the results of the 12/19 sentencing - IMO

http://www1.odcr.com/detail.php?Case...60&County=056-

Great find, Boots. Thank you for posting the link.

Yes, it will be interesting to see what happens.

This case will not be solved. While most prefer to monitor the circus in Orlando, a precious few here and elsewhere occasionally wonder about this case. Six months ago, OSBI immediately put up a wall to stop communication out, yet (when asked, and only when asked) they want people to come forward to them. Criticism of their very peculiar tactics has been almost nonexistent. Six months' worth of waiting for OSBI to produce justice for Skyla and Taylor has yielded no results.

OSBI might produce if pressure is applied. Virtually none has been so far. Occasionally, they trot out a spokesperson who says, "This is a solvable case." It gets printed and everyone goes home. Does anyone else feel like shouting out, "If it's solvable, then why don't you solve it?"

Where is the outrage? Where are the media? Local politicians? Local LE? From 1,500 miles away, there seems to be no pressure at all to solve this case. No community activism, nothing. Just a $30,000 reward that no one wants. The media may have been scared away by the bikers at the funerals. Disrespectful to the girls' memory? Chasing away people who might have helped? One poster said the locals are very afraid. Sure, with a killer (or killers) loose among them, but too afraid to collect 30 grand? Are they afraid LE can't protect them if they talk? The bikers might let the word out that they want this solved and that there will be no retaliation or else.

Two observations: (1) The five who testified before the GJ did not appear to be capable of talking their way out of a parking ticket, much less of witholding information, or deceiving capable LE. The key word there is capable. Likewise, the boy on the video who heard the shooting but didn't do it, and the other one who's in jail on a lesser charge...these seven are the types of people who are outfoxing LE? (2) County Line Rd. splits two counties. Per the 2000 census, and a little math, in the 400 square miles surrounding the crime scene, there are about 300 Native American men between 25-44, and about 500 White men between 18-24. In addition, around August 11, it was reported that OSBI had logged 10,000 man-hours in this investigation, not even counting the efforts of local LE. You spend 8 hours on each man in those two groups and you still have 3,600 hours left. That was as of four months ago. No arrest? No suspects?

Thanks to all the posters who have kept this case alive in our hearts and minds. Those who participated in the Walk - special thanks. Sorry to be a spoil-sport, especially so close to the holidays, but the job is not getting done and someone has to speak up. Of course, in the future, if I'm proven wrong, I'll post my apology ASAP. Right now, though, it looks over and done with. Finally, nothing against LE in general (most of Mom's family is LE) or bikers (me, since '81), but those surrounding this case make no sense at all to me. Mark Fuhrman solved Martha's murder after LE couldn't or wouldn't for many years - does anyone know his address?
    Last edited by XPA Magnet; 12-15-2008 at 11:14 AM. Reason: change "the" to "to"

Quote Originally Posted by XPA Magnet View Post
    This case will not be solved. While most prefer to monitor the circus in Orlando, a precious few here and elsewhere occasionally wonder about this case. Six months ago, OSBI immediately put up a wall to stop communication out, yet (when asked, and only when asked) they want people to come forward to them. Criticism of their very peculiar tactics has been almost nonexistent. Six months' worth of waiting for OSBI to produce justice for Skyla and Taylor has yielded no results.

OSBI might produce if pressure is applied. Virtually none has been so far. Occasionally, they trot out a spokesperson who says, "This is a solvable case." It gets printed and everyone goes home. Does anyone else feel like shouting out, "If it's solvable, then why don't you solve it?"

Where is the outrage? Where are the media? Local politicians? Local LE? From 1,500 miles away, there seems to be no pressure at all to solve this case. No community activism, nothing. Just a $30,000 reward that no one wants. The media may have been scared away by the bikers at the funerals. Disrespectful to the girls' memory? Chasing away people who might have helped? One poster said the locals are very afraid. Sure, with a killer (or killers) loose among them, but too afraid to collect 30 grand? Are they afraid LE can't protect them if they talk? The bikers might let the word out that they want this solved and that there will be no retaliation or else.

Two observations: (1) The five who testified before the GJ did not appear the be capable of talking their way out of a parking ticket, much less of witholding information, or deceiving capable LE. The key word there is capable. Likewise, the boy on the video who heard the shooting but didn't do it, and the other one who's in jail on a lesser charge...these seven are the types of people who are outfoxing LE? (2) County Line Rd. splits two counties. Per the 2000 census, and a little math, in the 400 square miles surrounding the crime scene, there are about 300 Native American men between 25-44, and about 500 White men between 18-24. In addition, around August 11, it was reported that OSBI had logged 10,000 man-hours in this investigation, not even counting the efforts of local LE. You spend 8 hours on each man in those two groups and you still have 3,600 hours left. That was as of four months ago. No arrest? No suspects?

Thanks to all the posters who have kept this case alive in our hearts and minds. Those who participated in the Walk - special thanks. Sorry to be a spoil-sport, especially so close to the holidays, but the job is not getting done and someone has to speak up. Of course, in the future, if I'm proven wrong, I'll post my apology ASAP. Right now, though, it looks over and done with. Finally, nothing against LE in general (most of Mom's family is LE) or bikers (me, since '81), but those surrounding this case make no sense at all to me. Mark Fuhrman solved Martha's murder after LE couldn't or wouldn't for many years - does anyone know his address?

Welcome to WS!! We value your opinion and thank you for your interest in this case.

Those of us who went to Weleetka last month are very frustrated that no arrests have been made. Having seen the area where the girls were killed, I am more convinced than ever that it was a local. What frustrates me the most is that the FBI were not brought in until months later. This was a brutal crime, why not involve the FBI? Why refuse the offer of help? Did they feel they could solve this case on their own?

Right now, I feel for these girls and their families. They are facing "the first Christmas" without their girls. We must keep them in our hearts and pray that they get through this one day at a time.

Thanks for your excellent post, XPA Magnet! We really appreciate additional input and extra brain power!

As Lauren said, we are trying to keep this alive! We will continue, because we are committed!

Lauren, what do you say we start bugging OSBI? Anyone is welcome to join us!

I have come to the conclusion law enforcement either knows who did this but doesn't have enough proof to make the arrests or something is seriously wrong with the investigation. I would like for it to be the former but I'm not convinced.

XPA Magnet brought up a good point about LE making statements to the press about this case being solvable but then nothing happens. LE seems more concerned about us knowing how hard they are working on this case then they are with receiving new information from the public. So does LE know everything they need to know?

I've been given the run around enough to recognize it when I see it.

Are the District Attorneys okay in that area? Could somebody have shut this down?

Quote Originally Posted by Claycat View Post
    Thanks for your excellent post, XPA Magnet! We really appreciate additional input and extra brain power!

As Lauren said, we are trying to keep this alive! We will continue, because we are committed!

Lauren, what do you say we start bugging OSBI? Anyone is welcome to join us!
    I hate to say it but I'm not convinced the OSBI would listen to us CC.

[QUOTE=Albert18;3061366]I have come to the conclusion law enforcement either knows who did this but doesn't have enough proof to make the arrests or something is seriously wrong with the investigation. I would like for it to be the former but I'm not convinced.

Albert, I agree that they know who did this but can't prove it. I keep going back to the Sheriff and his first statement to the media regarding persons of interest. And then.......nothing. OSBI shut him up real quick.

[quote=Lauren - CA;3061431][quote=Albert18;3061366]I have come to the conclusion law enforcement either knows who did this but doesn't have enough proof to make the arrests or something is seriously wrong with the investigation. I would like for it to be the former but I'm not convinced.

Albert, I agree that they know who did this but can't prove it. I keep going back to the Sheriff and his first statement to the media regarding persons of interest. And then.......nothing. OSBI shut him up real quick.[/quote]

Yes they did Lauren CA... Real Quick like. Remember when They would not take any help from other agencies that were made offers to help.. FBI ect
    "This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them."
    Jaycee Dugard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast