1290 users online (214 members and 1076 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: When will suspect(s) be named & charges brought?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Believe someone will be charged soon (by 6/8/09)

6 6.25%
  • Believe LE has suspects but needs more evidence

38 39.58%
  • Believe this will be a cold case-no suspect little evidence

33 34.38%
  • Believe this case may never be solved - Investigation/crime scene compromised

17 17.71%
  • Don't have an opinion

6 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Lauren - CA is offline The purpose of life is a life of purpose. Robert Byrne
    [QUOTE=GetSmart;3064866][quote=Lauren - CA;3061431]
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert18 View Post
    I have come to the conclusion law enforcement either knows who did this but doesn't have enough proof to make the arrests or something is seriously wrong with the investigation. I would like for it to be the former but I'm not convinced.

Albert, I agree that they know who did this but can't prove it. I keep going back to the Sheriff and his first statement to the media regarding persons of interest. And then.......nothing. OSBI shut him up real quick.[/quote]

Yes they did Lauren CA... Real Quick like. Remember when They would not take any help from other agencies that were made offers to help.. FBI ect

Yes GS, they even bragged that Scotland Yard offered assistance and they refused their help. Good grief!

IMO, those that refuse help with something like this are either, very good, very stupid, or invloved... Wonder which?

Quote Originally Posted by Claycat View Post
    Thanks for your excellent post, XPA Magnet! We really appreciate additional input and extra brain power!

As Lauren said, we are trying to keep this alive! We will continue, because we are committed!

Lauren, what do you say we start bugging OSBI? Anyone is welcome to join us!
    Claycat - Great idea but it won't work. They won't listen to any of us. This case needs a heavy hitter to bring OSBI's lack of production to such a level of exposure that they will have to do something...maybe something other than whittling the task force down to one, and keeping the victims' families in the dark (let alone the entire community). Not to mention letting the murders of two little girls go unsolved.

You're all on to something here. I took a rough count of four threads on this case. I had noticed a little more activity before my first post last week, so I spoke up. In the week since, there has been four times the activity than the week before. Some posters appear to be new, and some appear to have a renewed interest. Some of it was chit-chat, but so what? The increase in activity is sure to draw more attention here, and that can't hurt this case. Even drawing a small fraction of what the already-solved case in Orlando has enjoyed might be enough to get something going on here...

...Like the attention of Nancy, or Greta, or Geraldo, or Mark. Someone, anyone, to rattle OSBI's cage and demand action and/or answers. Until that happens, get used to the status quo. You can bet OSBI is quite content with the lack of national exposure. Is that accurate, BR? JB? Anyone else at OSBI?

For my part, I used a link (provided by ArizonaGiGi on 11/23) to email Nancy earlier today (sorry - I'm new and can't put up a link yet). I'm still looking for addresses for the other three I mentioned. Maybe if we all wrote them weekly we could get one of them involved. Like all of you, I'd prefer justice for Taylor and Skyla; but unlike most of you, I don't see OSBI providing it. This isn't Aruba, and if killer(s) are to go unpunished, someone should be held accountable. Publicly accountable.

Thanks for your input. Please keep beating the drums. It just might work.

Thanks, XPA! We are doggedly determined!

Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    XPA~
    Thanks so much for your input. I have followed this case for a long time. I appreciate new and open minded posters. Thanks so much for the ideas.

Flossie

Yes, I'm sure OSBI likes the lack of exposure. That way fewer people notice how poorly the case is coming along. No news for them is good news. Then they can plod along as before with no press making them look bad.
    YellowDog

These are my opinions only and should not be misconstrued as factual.

Lauren - CA is offline The purpose of life is a life of purpose. Robert Byrne
    Quote Originally Posted by XPA Magnet View Post
    Claycat - Great idea but it won't work. They won't listen to any of us. This case needs a heavy hitter to bring OSBI's lack of production to such a level of exposure that they will have to do something...maybe something other than whittling the task force down to one, and keeping the victims' families in the dark (let alone the entire community). Not to mention letting the murders of two little girls go unsolved.

You're all on to something here. I took a rough count of four threads on this case. I had noticed a little more activity before my first post last week, so I spoke up. In the week since, there has been four times the activity than the week before. Some posters appear to be new, and some appear to have a renewed interest. Some of it was chit-chat, but so what? The increase in activity is sure to draw more attention here, and that can't hurt this case. Even drawing a small fraction of what the already-solved case in Orlando has enjoyed might be enough to get something going on here...

...Like the attention of Nancy, or Greta, or Geraldo, or Mark. Someone, anyone, to rattle OSBI's cage and demand action and/or answers. Until that happens, get used to the status quo. You can bet OSBI is quite content with the lack of national exposure. Is that accurate, BR? JB? Anyone else at OSBI?

For my part, I used a link (provided by ArizonaGiGi on 11/23) to email Nancy earlier today (sorry - I'm new and can't put up a link yet). I'm still looking for addresses for the other three I mentioned. Maybe if we all wrote them weekly we could get one of them involved. Like all of you, I'd prefer justice for Taylor and Skyla; but unlike most of you, I don't see OSBI providing it. This isn't Aruba, and if killer(s) are to go unpunished, someone should be held accountable. Publicly accountable.

Thanks XPA for your comment. We won't settle for anyone forgetting about these girls. I don't want to believe that OSBI struck out on this one, I really don't, but with each passing day it is beginning to look more like it.

What bothers us is how much media attention one story can generate and how little another gets. I think everyone knew from the get go Caylee was not coming home and who was responsible. The public wasn't at risk. The town of Weleetka is. If these two girls could be gunned down on a Sunday afternoon in plain view of anyone passing on that road, then what else are these killers capable of?? I have been down that road, someone didn't just happen upon that road. I honestly believe the girls knew the killer. Someone knows something. They just need to say it because one day the killer could turn on him/her.

We thank you for your support. It means a lot that people are starting to have a renewed interest in Skyla and Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren - CA View Post
    Thanks XPA for your comment. We won't settle for anyone forgetting about these girls. I don't want to believe that OSBI struck out on this one, I really don't, but with each passing day it is beginning to look more like it.

What bothers us is how much media attention one story can generate and how little another gets. I think everyone knew from the get go Caylee was not coming home and who was responsible. The public wasn't at risk. The town of Weleetka is. If these two girls could be gunned down on a Sunday afternoon in plain view of anyone passing on that road, then what else are these killers capable of?? I have been down that road, someone didn't just happen upon that road. I honestly believe the girls knew the killer. Someone knows something. They just need to say it because one day the killer could turn on him/her.

We thank you for your support. It means a lot that people are starting to have a renewed interest in Skyla and Taylor.
    You're absolutely right, Lauren. A lot of people will say that emotions fade with time, but not this time. We won't let that happen. Thank you XPA and everyone else for helping us keep their memories alive, all the while praying for justice.

Cheers and happy holidays!
    KP
    In loving memory of Skyla Whitaker (1997-2008) and Taylor Paschal-Placker (1995-2008).

Goodness!! It's good to sign in and see so many posts again. Lots of good thoughts - there have been times we felt there were only a dozen or so people that discussed this case on a regular basis.

I sure would like to see Mark Fuhrman come to Weleetka and start snooping around. That may get OSBI's attention. Nothing else seems to.

Thanks again to everyone for posting! It is very encouraging to those of us who have made a commitment to do everything possible to bring justice to two precious little girls and their families and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by USARDOG View Post
    IMO, those that refuse help with something like this are either, very good, very stupid, or invloved... Wonder which?
    I think we can rule out #1 , which leaves us with stupid or involved. How bout both?

PS WELCOME TO THE NEWCOMERS ON HERE!!!! So glad to see "new blood".

I think a letter/email barrage to NG is a great idea. I'm thinking more pressure on the authorities would help move things along. I would very much like to see justice for these little girls who had their lives stolen from them by some very bad people.

If anyone has a link to NG and could post it, it would be much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by USARDOG View Post
    I think a letter/email barrage to NG is a great idea. I'm thinking more pressure on the authorities would help move things along. I would very much like to see justice for these little girls who had their lives stolen from them by some very bad people.

If anyone has a link to NG and could post it, it would be much appreciated
    Please do not encourage any organized efforts here at Websleuths without running it by the boss.Tricia needs to bless things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by XPA Magnet View Post

Welcome XPA Magnet,

Since this case reached a 'lull' some time back and posting of facts declined so did the posting by many who worked on obtaining info.

Maybe now, during this 'lull' you can catch up on all the hard work and coverage that was done here on this Forum from the beginning.

FYI, Greta was involved with this case in the beginning, in fact she went to the scene and Nancy Grace sent her Media crew/s.

No Media 'big wig' continues to cover a case were no information comes forward. They don't hound local Law Enforcement to get going on a case, they only cover it when LE does release something.

I've never read where locals, or the families affected have ever demanded or publicly protested for answers, nada, zilch! Maybe if they had the big Networks would have found renewed interest.

Again, Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Please do not encourage any organized efforts here at Websleuths without running it by the boss.Tricia needs to bless things like that.
    I've been a member for awhile and I didn't know we were supposed to do that? Thanks for informing us.

USARDOG, I will be happy to 'run it by T.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl View Post
    Welcome XPA Magnet,

Since this case reached a 'lull' some time back and posting of facts declined so did the posting by many who worked on obtaining info.

Maybe now, during this 'lull' you can catch up on all the hard work and coverage that was done here on this Forum from the beginning.

FYI, Greta was involved with this case in the beginning, in fact she went to the scene and Nancy Grace sent her Media crew/s.

No Media 'big wig' continues to cover a case were no information comes forward. They don't hound local Law Enforcement to get going on a case, they only cover it when LE does release something.

I've never read where locals, or the families affected have ever demanded or publicly protested for answers, nada, zilch! Maybe if they had the big Networks would have found renewed interest.

Again, Welcome
    Thank you for your greeting and your suggestion. However, I have followed this case since last June, including, but not limited to, watching Greta's and NG's coverage in the beginning, and reading several forums such as this. Last summer I found this forum and it is clearly the best one of several I followed. The compassion and intelligence of the posters is outstanding, and it is well-moderated. I stopped following the other forums in the fall, and joined this one on 10/1. FYI, I read every post on all of the Weleetka threads here and do appreciate everyone's prior efforts very much.

As far as Greta, it seems that she has kept the Aruba case in the forefront, even when no news was forthcoming. That's great, and some people might agree that this case could use a little more national exposure, news or no news.

So, in the "lull" I found email addresses for NG, Greta, Mark, Geraldo, John W from AMW, and wrote them (without mentioning this forum, of course) about this case. After the holidays, I'll write more, to newspapers and others who may be able to light a fire (figuratively speaking) about this. However, I understand JBean's post the other day, and maybe I was guilty of rabble-rousing, but I never intended to start any Websleuth letter-writing campaign. Well, a letter-writing campaign, yes, but not connected to this forum. Fifty or a hundred people writing at the same time might get someone's attention quicker than just one non-local person. So I'll just do it by myself.

I'm sorry if I ruffled anyone's feathers.

Your final paragraph was so on-the-money. Everyone there seems so resigned to accept what happened, and that's it. End of story. Very sad for the girls.

Anyway, thanks TG for keeping an eye on things. MC and HNY to you.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast