Anthony Family Inconsistencies #3 Obstruction charges? perjury? Mistrial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JADEPRINCESS

Former Member
Reaction score
Could it be declared a mistrial, w/ so many lies emitting from the Anthony's?

They can not go against their statements made to LE. If they do they will be brought on perjury charges. They also can't say anything that isn't an answer to a question, I believe until the penalty phase to ask the judge/jury to go light on KC. To do so, or to refuse to answer questions makes them a hostile witness. I need someone more knowledgeable then me to answer how that is handled.

I don't believe it can result in a mistrial though.

Could it be declared a mistrial, w/ so many lies emitting from the Anthony's?
Are you aksing IF they lie at trial will they be charged with perjury and will that create a mistrial?
ETA: I am trying to clarify the topic because the title is confusing to me.

one thing for sure at the trial will happen

the family will not be able to go in a "backwards kind of way" or spin things over and over and over when answering a question

the prosecution will ask them to please JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION
and the judge will DEMAND it

:woohoo:

Are you aksing IF they lie at trial will they be charged with perjury and will that create a mistrial?
ETA: I am trying to clarify the topic because the title is confusing to me.
Yes, exactly...since they, all the Anthony's have been caught in lies already.

Which lies rise to the level of perjury if they repeat them on the stand in your opinion?
Within the family, seems no one has the same time frame on events occuring, & we already heard George's deposition which was candid & very telling, even though it was detrimental to Casey.

Within the family, seems no one has the same time frame on events occuring, & we already heard George's deposition which was candid & very telling, even though it was detrimental to Casey.
Not sure that would be perjury if said on the stand if it is the best of their recollection.

In my opinion and that's all it is-
I don't know law-

Could CA be telling her wild stories and causing so much ruckus in hope she will be impeached as a witness for the prosecution, so she won't have to testify against her own daughter? She may know a lot and afraid to tell. She's afraid of something, but, I don't feel it's about KC or Kaylee anymore with her. I think it's all about CA now.

Watching her since KC and Kaylee are out of the picture, she is just everywhere, laughing it up and carefree. It's like watching what we have read and seen how KC acted after Kaylee disappeared. Disgusting! KC didn't care who she invovled in her antics and CA doesn't care who she hurts in her antics. It' s so obvious where KC got her "It's all about me", attitude.

In my opinion and that's all it is-
I don't know law-

Could CA be telling her wild stories and causing so much ruckus in hope she will be impeached as a witness for the prosecution, so she won't have to testify against her own daughter? She may know a lot and afraid to tell. She's afraid of something, but, I don't feel it's about KC or Kaylee anymore with her. I think it's all about CA now.

Watching her since KC and Kaylee are out of the picture, she is just everywhere, laughing it up and carefree. It's like watching what we have read and seen how KC acted after Kaylee disappeared. Disgusting! KC didn't care who she invovled in her antics and CA doesn't care who she hurts in her antics. It' s so obvious where KC got her "It's all about me", attitude.

Right down to her new "stardom" with planning to write a new book. I was thinking as I was pulling clothes out of the washing machine, I wonder if she will have a chapter on how to wash decomp out of your daughter's slacks.

I think Bean, even if an answer to a question is guised with a "to the best of my recollection", if the answer to too far off the beaten path from what they originally said, it can be regarded as "perjury", but I do not know as I do not know law.

If a prosecution witness lies that can be a problem. But that usually leads to perjury charges against that witness. A mistrial usually occurs because of wrongdoing by the jury, or prosecution. Such as, a juror talks to the press or the prosecution didn't hand over docs during discovery. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

If a prosecution witness lies that can be a problem. But that usually leads to perjury charges against that witness. A mistrial usually occurs because of wrongdoing by the jury, or prosecution. Such as, a juror talks to the press or the prosecution didn't hand over docs during discovery. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
well I sitting here with my brother the lawyer. he said if a witness is tried and convicted of perjury, that could be a grounds for a new trial.
If during the trial it is proven that a witness is perjuring themselves, then based on the fact that it is proven during the trial there would be no mistrial. Of course this is not always black and white but this is the general concept.

I've been curious as to how many contradictions there are in this case and what they are exactly. I've read quite a bit and I figured it may be helpful if we started a thread to list the contradictions in this case so we can see clearly what the holes are that exsist in this case.

I'm referring to true blue contradictions where it's obvious based on documents whether it be text messages,calls, or interviews released,etc that an event or story didn't logically occur. Not things based upon opinion,etc.
Hopefully this makes sense. I didn't see any other threads about this.So If I missed it please feel free to merge with another.

Example of a contradiction this case...

KC told police that she last time she saw little Caylee was when she dropped her off at the Nanny before work and claimed to have worked at Universal Studios - Later it was made public that KC hadn't worked there in quite some time.

CA said there was no odor in the car before it went to the tow yard but KC admitted to all her friends there was an odor in her car for several days.

The Sawgrass apartment was vacant.

"The dead body in my car is not my granddaughter" (then who's was it?)

Juliet Lewis and Jeff Hopkins work at Universal and knew about Caylee missing.

Searching for my daughter but went to clubs and Blockbuster to rent movies.

Bella Vida (beautiful life) tattoo when the most beautiful thing in a moms life was "kidnapped". Ask anyone who has a kidnapped child if they thought it was wonderful that they would celebrate with a tattoo. Or have time to get a tattoo. I could see getting a tattoo if you lost a loved one but that would only be if they were dead and not by your own hand.

Cindy claims that every time she spoke to KC from June 16 - July 15 that KC told her Caylee was asleep or with the nanny. KC was staying with friends during that time and none of them saw Caylee.

Cindy also claimed KC was traveling that month for work and vacation with Caylee and the nanny. KC was staying with friends during that time and NOT traveling for work and vacation with Caylee. None of the friends saw Caylee.

George saying he saw KC and Caylee leave the house on the 16th (correct the date if that's wrong). Last sighting of Caylee according to everyone else was the 15th.

Cindy claims Casey was a good mother.

Cindy says Casey is a sociopath & to stay away from her.

Casey says Jeff H gave her the reference to ZFG as a nanny after ZFG had watched his son (Zachary?). Casey claims that ZFG watched Caylee and Jeff's son together at times.

Jeff H does not know anyone named ZFG and never gave Casey a reference for any nanny, probably b/c he does not have children.

When confronted with this information, Casey later claimed there was a different Jeff H, although this Jeff H was the one and only Jeff H whose number was stored in her cellphone. This Jeff H is also the one who she and LA had gone to HS with, and to whom she referred when she told LA about Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member