767 users online (107 members and 660 guests)  

Websleuths News

NC - Melody Wiggins, 29, Rocky Mount, 29 May 2005

http://www.wral.com/weather/story/3969685/

Anyone ever hear of Joshua's mother's murder? What a horrible thing. The grandparents have got to be just wreathing in pain...

"Joshua had lived with his grandparents – who survived the tornado – after his mother was murdered in 2005. Her slaying is unsolved.Joshua's grandfather, Roberto Guillen, said he wants to find and thank a stranger who stopped and tried to save Joshua's life."
    http://www.wral.com/weather/story/3970482/

Roberto & Sherry Guillen mother murdered 3 years ago..

The only case i can find is about a woman who was a prostitute who was murdered 3 years ago at the age of 29 and her name was "Melody Lashae Wiggins". Supposedly she has 2 children who were in foster care at the time; also it had said she hadn't spoken to her mother in months. I'm not sure if this is related; it's the only unsolved case with the name Wiggins i could come up with for NC..

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    Roberto & Sherry Guillen mother murdered 3 years ago..

The only case i can find is about a woman who was a prostitute who was murdered 3 years ago at the age of 29 and her name was "Melody Lashae Wiggins". Supposedly she has 2 children who were in foster care at the time; also it had said she hadn't spoken to her mother in months. I'm not sure if this is related; it's the only unsolved case with the name Wiggins i could come up with for NC..
    I just found that one, too. The article I read says her mother lives in Wilson, NC, though, not Kenly. But, like you said, can't find another murdered Wiggins or Guillen in NC.

Melody was indeed Joshua's mother, according to this feature article from 2010:

http://www.gq.com/story/serial-kille...north-carolina

"That's what Melody's son used to ask me all the time," says the woman. Her weary voice assumes the pitch of a little boy: "'Grandma, have they found out who did it to my mama?'"

And then she mimics a grandmother's loving cadence: "I'd say, 'Not yet. But the Lord knows who did it.'"

She falls silent. Then the woman points to a large photograph propped against the wall of her modest home. Below her grandson's name and grinning face are the dates "October 15, 1997-November 15, 2008." A tornado had engulfed their house that November night while she and her husband and her murdered daughter Melody's son were all asleep. She remembers how the astonishing white light made her gasp, "Jesus…" Then she remembers her grandson flying away from her, as her daughter had three years earlier.
    From September 2011:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10208098/

Antwan Maurice Pittman, 33, was found guilty of first-degree murder on Thursday in one of the cases. Taraha Shenice Nicholson, 28, was found strangled to death in some woods 5 miles from Pittman's childhood home in rural Edgecombe County...

After Pittman's arrest in Nicholson's death, other victims' family members were optimistic that they would get much-needed answers to questions that have troubled them for years.

The lack of further charges has only frustrated and upset them.