No search on Monday?

Chilly Willy

Reaction score
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/11/bounty-hunter-1.html

Latest twist in the Caylee Anthony search: Bounty hunter Leonard Padilla is leaving town, WESH-Channel 2 reported Sunday night.

WESH's Bob Kealing said law enforcement will require Padilla to take a lie-detector test in California. Padilla created a stir last week when reports swept the media that his divers had found something significant in Blanchard Park.

more at link

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/11/bounty-hunter-1.html

Latest twist in the Caylee Anthony search: Bounty hunter Leonard Padilla is leaving town, WESH-Channel 2 reported Sunday night.

WESH's Bob Kealing said law enforcement will require Padilla to take a lie-detector test in California. Padilla created a stir last week when reports swept the media that his divers had found something significant in Blanchard Park.

more at link

No surprise face here. I think LP should at least stay long enough to take the test in Orange County. Once he takes the test, and he said he would, it should lay to rest did he or didnt he plant the stuff found at the dive. If LP leaves town w/o taking the test, I think some might think he is running from it. I hope he takes the test.

more at link

The beginning of the article states that LP is required to take the test in California, but the end of the article states otherwise. Which is it?

I assumed this would happen when it was reported the divers were packing up to leave-they are headed back to California.

The beginning of the article states that LP is required to take the test in California, but the end of the article states otherwise. Which is it?

maybe it has something to do with the fires and his home or relatives

:( I'm disappointed, but not surprised.

Saw something this morning that said Parks and Rec. asked him to leave. Cannot mention the website I saw it on.

Saw something this morning that said Parks and Rec. asked him to leave. Cannot mention the website I saw it on.

I wish I could remember the name of the poster here that talks to Padilla on the phone all of the time.

Maybe, I can try to track down Murt and see if he knows anything about this.

So sad to hear this. I really hope it's not true. It's really sad that he was not given any encouragement and support for his effort, especially since he has seen fit to support so many others in their efforts. Just one less person looking for that little baby's body. The only loser in this is Caylee.

He can take the test anywhere since it's the FBI doing it.

I assumed this would happen when it was reported the divers were packing up to leave-they are headed back to California.

See, I don't get that. The Blackwater divers are local. He said there were some from PA that were coming in but they never did as far as I know. I had heard they were leaving PA on like Thursday but then on Fri it was reported they were still in PA. I never heard one word about any divers from CA.

I do hope Caylee is found, that child needs to be laid to rest. I know TES has 80-100 people in Orlando who can search on weekends. I think they will search without fan fare & media, the way TES normally does. I met people this weekend from TES who were on the Caylee search & probably will be again. I know they want Caylee found as they want all missing people found.

I would never take a polygraph from the FBI. Why would they need one? Has he been charged with a crime? I don't feel they have probable cause, if he thinks something was there and it was not, where is the crime. Why FBI and not the sheriff dept? Is this some federal offense he committed? I think the FBI is showing their muscles and thats all.

I wish I could remember the name of the poster here that talks to Padilla on the phone all of the time.

Why would he leave? Has anyone heard it from his mouth. The DIVERS hafve returned. There are divers from PA that are supposed to be arriving. Everything I have have heard said the search is still on tomorrow.

See, I don't get that. The Blackwater divers are local. He said there were some from PA that were coming in but they never did as far as I know. I had heard they were leaving PA on like Thursday but then on Fri it was reported they were still in PA. I never heard one word about any divers from CA.

I do hope Caylee is found, that child needs to be laid to rest. I know TES has 80-100 people in Orlando who can search on weekends. I think they will search without fan fare & media, the way TES normally does. I met people this weekend from TES who were on the Caylee search & probably will be again. I know they want Caylee found as they want all missing people found.
Spyder returned to CA.

LP is planning on being back in the water on Monday. I swear the media in FL is realloy bad - they don't check their facts at all.

I would never take a polygraph from the FBI. Why would they need one? Has he been charged with a crime? I don't feel they have probable cause, if he thinks something was there and it was not, where is the crime. Why FBI and not the sheriff dept? Is this some federal offense he committed? I think the FBI is showing their muscles and thats all.
He's been accused of planting evidence which is ludicrous - he is never alone to do anything like that.

I got the information that LP plans to be in the water on Monday from Murts site Someone talked to him last night

Why would he leave? Has anyone heard it from his mouth. The DIVERS hafve returned. There are divers from PA that are supposed to be arriving. Everything I have have heard said the search is still on tomorrow.

Posted too soon, Gaia found out the answer already!

I got the information that LP plans to be in the water on Monday from Murts site

whoops, posted too soon! Thank you for the info, Gaia. I will sleep much better now! :blowkiss:

He's been accused of planting evidence which is ludicrous - he is never alone to do anything like that.

I * think* that this is just some spin being fanned to impact anything that LP did ever find as 'suspect' as well as drive him away.

LP would be insane to plant anything knowing what he does about forensics, even if human bones were planted he well knows that DNA would quickly determine they were not Caylee. Also, if the toys were planted that can be probably determined as well as to how long they were underwater.

LP does not need his 15 minutes of fame, he already has that -- this would be a brief flicker of fame before analysis would be done and questions asked. It would do more harm than good. Only an idiot would plant anonymously for evil grins.

I think the divers just found a part of the river where junk had collected and settled and it was the perfect storm, in terms of a bag, some animal bones, toys, etc were found in a spot that seemed credible at first. The rocks were determined to be animal bones.

When you badly want to find Caylee as much as LP wants to and believe she is in the river then you predispose yourself -- I think that's what LP and the divers did. They jumped the gun which is unfortunate.

LP is a renegade and I think he has ruffled the feathers of LE and the Anthony's are pushing LE's buttons on LP searching which will make it hard for them if LP does find something -- since the A's will cry foul.

LP is stuck between a rock and a hard place and if the divers don't return it'll be because they got burnt after the last time and don't want the bad press. A sad state that is being used to stop the searching.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back