MO - Laclede Co., Hunter Finds Body in Box, Nov'08 - Sharon Sabla

Gray

Reaction score
http://www.kspr.com/news/local/34562409.html

I wonder who it might be! The body was encased in cement in the container. They say they have no idea the gender or anything else. They found it just yesterday morning!

I wonder if there are any missing persons in the area. Or who this person may be. They could smell the decomp even though the body was encased in cement and they said that preliminarily it may be 2 weeks old or so. The only thing they could determine is that the body is Caucasian.

The box weighed 600 lbs!

I'm so interested in this... it's rare that things happen like this around here. And why in the heck did they just drop it off? Why wouldn't they bury it, especially with hunting season opening up Saturday and everyone being so involved in the outdoors in this area.

This is an odd story! If you have any updates it would be interesting to read them. (It sounds like such an odd way to dispose of a body!)

Thanks PG for the link!

Hmm, not believed to be the body of a missing person in the SW MO area.

This is interesting! It was dumped probably from someone who was driving through the area.

Man, I hope it's someone who can be identified. I don't want any family to lose a loved one, but it's better to have the body buried properly than to just never know.

I wonder if that highway is a very busy one. I bet they just took a rural route. It had to have been more than one person who dumped it... no one could lift a case weighing 600 lbs! It was resting against the fence.

How many large men do you think could handle pushing/rolling/carrying a 600 lb container down an embankment?

Any of Casey's friends make a trip to or through Mo.?

Any of Casey's friends make a trip to or through Mo.?

I would flip out if that was happening so close to where I live. Absolutely flip out.

What's even more sad to me is the fact that there were parts sticking up that they could tell the skin color. I feel terrible for the people that have to work on the autopsy for this person- heck, for any person.

But I think that wouldn't Caylee be pretty decomposed by now? This person still has skin... I know, that's pretty grotesque.

If the container weighed 600 lbs transportation would take more than one person and a vehicle. how close was this to a neighborhood? someone hear something unusual? Strange way to dispose of a body...
keep us posted with any local updates.

If the container weighed 600 lbs transportation would take more than one person and a vehicle. how close was this to a neighborhood? someone hear something unusual? Strange way to dispose of a body...
keep us posted with any local updates.

I will keep you posted for sure.

It was on the side of a county road/highway- just a two lane road. It was not close to any houses from what I understand, but the hunter who was out lived just a mile down the road. It was down a small hill and resting up against a country fence (wooden stumps with barbed wire nailed to it). From what I could gather from the article, it seems that they were unable to move it away from the fence, even with two men. And the article mentions that the container wasn't right side up. And these are good ol' boys... Missouri hunters. They could move heavy things if they needed to. Perhaps the people disposing of it backed a truck up and then shoved the thing with everything within them just to get it as far away from the road as possible, because it doesn't seem that it landed right side up.

There had to be multiple people involved... and a truck, easily.

Gosh, this is so insane!

It was located just south of Prosperine, MO. One mile south, actually... right off of highway AA.

I'm going to say that it was somewhere along this length of road that I circled.

prosperine.jpg

Another article.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/34557084.html

This one has a video that is much better than the other place. Also, it reveals more info. The hill was much bigger than I thought and they said that it was pushed off of the back of a vehicle. Still, it took 4 deputies to carry it away, so I don't know of a single person who could have loaded the container up into the vehicle by themselves or even if they could have pushed it out.

Here's a screenshot of the hill.

hill.jpg

I think that whoever did it wanted it to be found. Look at all the wooded area around where the container was found.

I think that whoever did it wanted it to be found. Look at all the wooded area around where the container was found.

Or else they panicked... but yeah, that was my first thought... why in the WORLD didn't they dump it in the woods somewhere?

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/34562409.html
... The box weighed 600 lbs! ...And why in the heck did they just drop it off? Why wouldn't they bury it...

you might have answered your own question... would you want to lug around a 600lb concrete block, cart it off into the woods and bury it? Obviously, more than one person was involved here... Unless they were really really strong and had a crane. Ideally you would want to take it out on a boat somewhere deep... But then 600 lbs is pretty hefty (that is like 6 of me weight wise).

My fisrt thought was how far is Bolingbrook, Illinois (Stacey Peterson) from here.

I'm guessing it is about 400 miles?

I don't think it would be her. This body still was in a state of decomp. They could smell it and had enough visible recognition to tell that the person was white just with the limbs that were showing on the top of the concrete.

Stacy Peterson would have been bones by now, right? Caylee probably is also much too decomposed to be showing skin color, right? I don't know much and I'm sorry for being crude, but I'm just trying to look at the facts.

Sounds like someone with access to construction equipment...We're talking at least 400 pounds of concrete (if the body wieghed 150-200 pounds). That's a lot of concrete to be poured by hand. It would most likely take a forklift or excavator to load it into a truck (possibly a truck with a dump bed, which would have made getting rid of the box much easier and quicker).
Its possible the murder may be connected to a contstruction site of some type.

Sounds like someone with access to construction equipment...We're talking at least 400 pounds of concrete (if the body wieghed 150-200 pounds). That's a lot of concrete to be poured by hand. It would most likely take a forklift or excavator to load it into a truck (possibly a truck with a dump bed, which would have made getting rid of the box much easier and quicker).
Its possible the murder may be connected to a contstruction site of some type.

Also, the body is encased in cement in a tool chest type of plastic box. I am thinking it is something like this:

41vu57h-ZlL_SS500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-1192-48-Gallon-ActionPacker-Cargo/dp/B000O16MSO/ref=pd_sim_hi_3

It was padlocked and these things are great for carrying heavy stuff and you can padlock them. My parents used them to pack for overseas and I've seen construction guys use them around this area too.

That's about what I was thinking...Or maybe a truck bedbox, similar to the picture that goes behind the cab of a pickup. Those are easily big enough for a body.

UPDATES!

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/34610559.html
BREAKING NEWS: New Details in Body Found in Box
By KSPR News

Story Created: Nov 17, 2008

Story Updated: Nov 17, 2008
According to the Laclede County Sheriff's Department, the box found by a hunter Saturday contained a woman's body.

Monday's autopsy revealed she was white and died by homicide. The woman is between 5'5" and 5'8" tall and between 30-40 years old. She was about 135 pounds and was wearing pajama-like clothes.

The woman had a gallbladder surgery and full hysterectomy and may have had a child. She does not have any tattoos and had light to medium brown hair.

Laclede County also confirmed she was inside the box with concrete in it.

So, does she match any missing people listed here? I'm going to go look around.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back