724 users online (103 members and 621 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ezryder9 is offline Yes it's a Harley and no, you can't ride it!

Check charge trial 11/17???

I'm confused and need help! Well, this particular help request is about trials. I've gotten lost somewhere. I read on some thread that the fraud charges trial had been continued. According to the Orange County Clerk's website, the following are the court dates. Looks to me by KC's going to court tomorrow on the check charges. Anybody? Is she? Isn't she? Who am I? Why do I exist? <lol> TIA for any help!

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk...ID=6020985#Cal -- see post #3. This link doesn't work...sorry!

1/5/2009 0930 MANUAL - TRIAL ROOM 6-D ON THE SIXTH FLOOR
    12/11/2008 0900 MANUAL - PRETRIAL CONFERENCE ROOM 6-D ON THE SIXTH FLOOR
    11/17/2008 0930 MANUAL - TRIAL ROOM 6-D ON THE SIXTH FLOOR
    11/5/2008 0900 MANUAL - PRETRIAL CONFERENCE ROOM 6-D ON THE SIXTH FLOOR
    10/14/2008 0845 WRITTEN PLEA NOT GUILTY ROOM 6-D ON THE SIXTH FLOOR
    10/2/2008 0830 ARRAIGNMENT ROOM 7-A ON THE SEVENTH FLOOR
    Last edited by Ezryder9; 11-17-2008 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Edited to note bad link...
    Unless substantiated with a link, all comments are nothing more than my personal opinion. And opinions are like, well, noses; we all have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezryder9 View Post
    I'm confused and need help! Well, this particular help request is about trials. I've gotten lost somewhere. I read on some thread that the fraud charges trial had been continued. According to the Orange County Clerk's website, the following are the court dates. Looks to me by KC's going to court tomorrow on the check charges. Anybody? Is she? Isn't she? Who am I? Why do I exist? <lol> TIA for any help!

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk...ID=6020985#Cal

The link doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Mom of Five View Post
    The link doesn't work
    Dang, just when I thought I was getting better at linking!!!

Try this one:

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk...a-10a9c1d4c308

And it's case no. 08-CF-0013331-O
    Unless substantiated with a link, all comments are nothing more than my personal opinion. And opinions are like, well, noses; we all have one.

Pondering Mind is offline here a ponder, there a ponder...everywhere a ponder = ADD
    Over The Hills And Through The Woods..on the corner,S.C..

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk...ID=6020985#Cal -- see post #3. This link doesn't work...sorry!

I thought that the check charges were postponed, but who knows? I'm like you and the "who am I" thing! You made me laugh and I needed that Ez, so THANK YOU!

Dang, just when I thought I was getting better at linking!!!

Try this one:

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk...a-10a9c1d4c308

And it's case no. 08-CF-0013331-O
    I found it, it's confusing because it says that the status of this case is closed. Is this the neglect case?

I hope this is correct. A criminal record will count against her if she is convicted of anything on the murder charge. Will make her term longer.
    I have a constitutional right to my opinion and I am stating it!!!!!

I found it, it's confusing because it says that the status of this case is closed. Is this the neglect case?
    LOL -- see why I'm confused? The detail I'm looking at is on the case that ends 13331. It details the 13 counts, posted above. Those are the fraud counts. But it also shows both trial dates...the one for 11/17, which is the fraud counts trial date.

Quote Originally Posted by Pondering Mind View Post
    I thought that the check charges were postponed, but who knows? I'm like you and the "who am I" thing! You made me laugh and I needed that Ez, so THANK YOU!
    You're welcome for the giggle, PM. I, too, *heard* the check charges were postponed; but the clerk's page doesn't bear that out. Sooooo, I just wanna know if I have to try and find a link to the hearing tomorrow. If you find out anything, I'll be patiently waiting.

Meanwhile, Casey’s lawyers asked the judge Wednesday to delay her trial on check fraud charges.
    Casey’s attorneys said they want to focus first on her trial on first-degree murder charges.
    Casey was not in court for the hearing. However, the judge did agree to continue the check fraud hearing until Dec. 11

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...ng_begins.html

Coley is offline You are damned if you do and damned if you don't

Good morning~MOF. IIRC, in the beginning they stated that if there were more severe charges in the future that they would not be able to try her on both charges. They haven't came out and said the neglect charges still stand but I think I'm pretty sure that the neglect has been dropped.
    Baez Anthony Law Firm 1.888.URA.FOOL

If you don't like someone or something they are doing why not lend an opinion before making one?

"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." -Bertrand Russell

Coley is offline You are damned if you do and damned if you don't
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Meanwhile, Casey’s lawyers asked the judge Wednesday to delay her trial on check fraud charges.
    Casey’s attorneys said they want to focus first on her trial on first-degree murder charges.
    Casey was not in court for the hearing. However, the judge did agree to continue the check fraud hearing until Dec. 11

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...ng_begins.html
    JBean, Hello

Wouldn't you think they would want to go ahead and get this out of the way considering she is in jail already? If I were her lawyer I would get these petty crimes out of the way because anything could happen between now and Dec...Ohhh, I so pray Caylee is found soon.
    Baez Anthony Law Firm 1.888.URA.FOOL

If you don't like someone or something they are doing why not lend an opinion before making one?

"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." -Bertrand Russell

If you look further down in the Case Actions it states: "11/5/2008 A CONTINUANCE ON COURT MINUTES GRANTED" The pre-trial was on 11/5/8 and the case was continued.

On the case docket (Calendar) they don't remove dates if something is continued. They keep that history in tact regardless. I hope that made sense.
    Last edited by BonKai; 11-17-2008 at 08:32 AM. Reason: additional info
    My Mom told me (and showed me) that "Parent is a verb, not a noun" ~ thanks Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Coley View Post
    JBean, Hello

Wouldn't you think they would want to go ahead and get this out of the way considering she is in jail already? If I were her lawyer I would get these petty crimes out of the way because anything could happen between now and Dec...Ohhh, I so pray Caylee is found soon.
    No baez doesnt want any charges to go before the murder trial. That way he can say she has NO criminal record.

Quote Originally Posted by Coley View Post
    JBean, Hello

Baez has nothing to gain by getting those out of the way, and precious time which could be spent elsewhere will be lost.

If he wins, she is still held without the right to bond out, and facing a capital crime. If he loses, she is in the same position.

If anything, since she's held anyway on different charges, , it is to his advantage to delay. Witnesses move away, evidence becomes misplaced, etc.

jmho

Quote Originally Posted by shelbar53 View Post
    No baez doesnt want any charges to go before the murder trial. That way he can say she has NO criminal record.

If she has no criminal record, that discussion is really not allowed until the sentencing phase of the proceedings, after the trial has concluded.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast