Check charge trial 11/17???

Ezryder9

Yes it's a Harley and no, you can't ride it!
Reaction score
I'm confused and need help! Well, this particular help request is about trials. I've gotten lost somewhere. I read on some thread that the fraud charges trial had been continued. According to the Orange County Clerk's website, the following are the court dates. Looks to me by KC's going to court tomorrow on the check charges. Anybody? Is she? Isn't she? Who am I? Why do I exist? <lol> :crazy: TIA for any help!

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/mycler...fba-42fb-a37a-10a9c1d4c308&CaseID=6020985#Cal -- see post #3. This link doesn't work...sorry!

1/5/2009 0930 MANUAL - TRIAL ROOM 6-D ON THE SIXTH FLOOR
12/11/2008 0900 MANUAL - PRETRIAL CONFERENCE ROOM 6-D ON THE SIXTH FLOOR
11/17/2008 0930 MANUAL - TRIAL ROOM 6-D ON THE SIXTH FLOOR
11/5/2008 0900 MANUAL - PRETRIAL CONFERENCE ROOM 6-D ON THE SIXTH FLOOR
10/14/2008 0845 WRITTEN PLEA NOT GUILTY ROOM 6-D ON THE SIXTH FLOOR
10/2/2008 0830 ARRAIGNMENT ROOM 7-A ON THE SEVENTH FLOOR

I'm confused and need help! Well, this particular help request is about trials. I've gotten lost somewhere. I read on some thread that the fraud charges trial had been continued. According to the Orange County Clerk's website, the following are the court dates. Looks to me by KC's going to court tomorrow on the check charges. Anybody? Is she? Isn't she? Who am I? Why do I exist? <lol> :crazy: TIA for any help!

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/mycler...fba-42fb-a37a-10a9c1d4c308&CaseID=6020985#Cal

The link doesn't work

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/mycler...fba-42fb-a37a-10a9c1d4c308&CaseID=6020985#Cal -- see post #3. This link doesn't work...sorry!

I thought that the check charges were postponed, but who knows? I'm like you and the "who am I" thing! You made me laugh and I needed that Ez, so THANK YOU! :blowkiss:

I hope this is correct. A criminal record will count against her if she is convicted of anything on the murder charge. Will make her term longer.

I found it, it's confusing because it says that the status of this case is closed. Is this the neglect case?

LOL -- see why I'm confused? The detail I'm looking at is on the case that ends 13331. It details the 13 counts, posted above. Those are the fraud counts. But it also shows both trial dates...the one for 11/17, which is the fraud counts trial date.

I thought that the check charges were postponed, but who knows? I'm like you and the "who am I" thing! You made me laugh and I needed that Ez, so THANK YOU! :blowkiss:

You're welcome for the giggle, PM. I, too, *heard* the check charges were postponed; but the clerk's page doesn't bear that out. Sooooo, I just wanna know if I have to try and find a link to the hearing tomorrow. If you find out anything, I'll be patiently waiting. :crazy:

I found it, it's confusing because it says that the status of this case is closed. Is this the neglect case?

Good morning~MOF. IIRC, in the beginning they stated that if there were more severe charges in the future that they would not be able to try her on both charges. They haven't came out and said the neglect charges still stand but I think I'm pretty sure that the neglect has been dropped.

Meanwhile, Casey’s lawyers asked the judge Wednesday to delay her trial on check fraud charges.
Casey’s attorneys said they want to focus first on her trial on first-degree murder charges.
Casey was not in court for the hearing. However, the judge did agree to continue the check fraud hearing until Dec. 11

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/11/5/casey_anthony_check_fraud_pretrial_hearing_begins.html

JBean, Hello :blowkiss:

Wouldn't you think they would want to go ahead and get this out of the way considering she is in jail already? If I were her lawyer I would get these petty crimes out of the way because anything could happen between now and Dec...Ohhh, I so pray Caylee is found soon.

If you look further down in the Case Actions it states: "11/5/2008 A CONTINUANCE ON COURT MINUTES GRANTED" The pre-trial was on 11/5/8 and the case was continued.

On the case docket (Calendar) they don't remove dates if something is continued. They keep that history in tact regardless. I hope that made sense.

Wouldn't you think they would want to go ahead and get this out of the way considering she is in jail already? If I were her lawyer I would get these petty crimes out of the way because anything could happen between now and Dec...Ohhh, I so pray Caylee is found soon.

No baez doesnt want any charges to go before the murder trial. That way he can say she has NO criminal record.

Baez has nothing to gain by getting those out of the way, and precious time which could be spent elsewhere will be lost.

If he wins, she is still held without the right to bond out, and facing a capital crime. If he loses, she is in the same position.

If anything, since she's held anyway on different charges, , it is to his advantage to delay. Witnesses move away, evidence becomes misplaced, etc.

jmho

No baez doesnt want any charges to go before the murder trial. That way he can say she has NO criminal record.

If she has no criminal record, that discussion is really not allowed until the sentencing phase of the proceedings, after the trial has concluded.:)

Good morning~MOF. IIRC, in the beginning they stated that if there were more severe charges in the future that they would not be able to try her on both charges. They haven't came out and said the neglect charges still stand but I think I'm pretty sure that the neglect has been dropped.

Good Morning!:)
The neglect charge was dismissed by motion of the prosecution because it was predicated on the theory that Caylee is alive and thus was in direct opposition to the charges that came about via grand jury indictment.
They did not dismiss the existing charges related to lying to authorities as those are not based on an alive Caylee.

jmho

Meanwhile, Casey’s lawyers asked the judge Wednesday to delay her trial on check fraud charges.
Casey’s attorneys said they want to focus first on her trial on first-degree murder charges.
Casey was not in court for the hearing. However, the judge did agree to continue the check fraud hearing until Dec. 11

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/11/5/casey_anthony_check_fraud_pretrial_hearing_begins.html

Thanks, JBean. I knew I had heard it, but hadn't seen a link! But if it was continued until 12/11, how you reckon that's gonna help Baez, since the *big* trial isn't until January? If he thinks he's *busy* now, how busy you think he'll be in December? :eek:

I don't think they will drop the fraud charges,
Amy has a right for this to go to court and they will find her Guilty..too much evidence..

I say let's do that Trial now she should get a few years on this, then LE can take time for the big One..:woohoo:

I don't think they will drop the fraud charges,
Amy has a right for this to go to court and they will find her Guilty..too much evidence..

I say let's do that Trial now she should get a few years on this, then LE can take time for the big One..:woohoo:

Oh, I totally agree. The charges won't be dropped. Amy and the bank definitely deserve justice. (Not nearly as much as Caylee does, though.)

I've hoped all along that the check charges would go ahead and get tried and she could beginning pulling 'hard' time, may in the general population in one of Florida's prisons...not jails!

Baez has nothing to gain by getting those out of the way, and precious time which could be spent elsewhere will be lost.

If he wins, she is still held without the right to bond out, and facing a capital crime. If he loses, she is in the same position.

If anything, since she's held anyway on different charges, , it is to his advantage to delay. Witnesses move away, evidence becomes misplaced, etc.

jmho

Right, thats what I was kinda saying in a round about way. I was just pondering that I would go ahead and get that over with and then prepare for the big one. Ya know?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back