View Poll Results: Should LP accpet the 200K to continue to search for Caylee?

Voters
380. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

249 65.53%
  • No

84 22.11%
  • I am not sure

47 12.37%
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Should LP accept 200K for Search

Poll: Should LP accept 200K for Search

I waited as long as I could for someone to post this to see what the results would be.

Should LP accept the offer of 200K to continue to search for Caylee?

UPDATED:Padilla Offered $200K To Allow Filming Of Search For Caylee:
    Monday, November 17, 2008 1:43:10 PM

<snipped>
    Padilla told News 13 he has been contacted by a company that is willing to fund the search effort if Padilla is willing to give them exclusive rights to film the search effort.

The bounty hunter said he has not made a final decision on if he is willing to take the offer.

Search For Caylee: VIDEO
    http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2...20For%20Caylee

Article:
    http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...or_caylee.html
    Last edited by AutumnsDaze; 11-17-2008 at 04:48 PM. Reason: misspelling

LOL! At least you aren't posting the poll to help Leonard make up his mind.

I'm voting "I don't know." It matters deeply to me WHICH company is offering the money, because if there is going to be film of any potential body recovery, I would want it to be a company that would treat the discovery of Caylee's body with the dignity and respect she deserves.

It also matters to me whether any of the $200k would be for Leonard, or solely dedicated to any search efforts.

I vote "IDK" but I lean towards NO.

The sad truth is this will open the door to more LP bashing.

I'd be more willing to say YES, if he promised an exclusive book/movie deal to someone AFTER the search is over.... not during.
    Caylee Anthony = Victim

Cindy's 911 call: "I found my daughter's car today, and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car."

I am not sure how I feel. I am worried that this with give the A's the appearance of impropriety and another reason for them to get on their soapbox.

Torn....I want Caylee found but I don't want the defense to use it for thier own purposes. I am guess I am leaning towards no.

YES! Whatever it takes to find CAYLEE.

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnsDaze View Post
    I waited as long as I could for someone to post this to see what the results would be.

Should LP accept the offer of 200K to continue to search for Caylee?

UPDATED:Padilla Offered $200K To Allow Filming Of Search For Caylee:
    Monday, November 17, 2008 1:43:10 PM

<snipped>
    Padilla told News 13 he has been contacted by a company that is willing to fund the search effort if Padilla is willing to give them exclusive rights to film the search effort.

The bounty hunter said he has not made a final decision on if he is willing to take the offer.

Search For Caylee: VIDEO
    http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2...20For%20Caylee

Article:
    http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...or_caylee.html
    Links don't work.

maybe we do a pay per view this makes me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by KellioPSL View Post
    maybe we do a pay per view this makes me sick.
    Better yet..... a MEET & GREET.

Or maybe the Hooter Girls can help again?
    Caylee Anthony = Victim

Cindy's 911 call: "I found my daughter's car today, and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car."

IMO, Leonard is in-between a "rock and a hard place" because no matter what decision Leonard makes it will be the wrong decision in the public's eyes.

Don't you think it's a bit early to ask this question since we have no information at all on who this company might be or any other details?

I'm not sure. I'm not sure it sits well with me that LP even has the ability to give anyone exclusive rights to something of this nature.

Don't get me wrong--I think it's great he's been searching.

I just don't like the idea that he has some sort of ownership of the case. It seems to be breeding ill will among groups that should be working together rather than backbiting.

He should do it without accepting a dime. Use unpaid divers. If he makes from this I won't feel the same about him. Too many people have made money from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    IMO, Leonard is in-between a "rock and a hard place" because no matter what decision Leonard makes it will be the wrong decision in the public's eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by simonsmom View Post
    He should do it without accepting a dime. Use unpaid divers. If he makes from this I won't feel the same about him. Too many people have made money from this.

I'm not a fan of Leonard Padilla. But to be fair, we don't know that he would personally make any money off of any potential deal. It could be that the $200K would be totally spent on specialized equipment and specialized searchers. That's just one of the many unanswered questions.

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyB View Post
    I'm not sure. I'm not sure it sits well with me that LP even has the ability to give anyone exclusive rights to something of this nature.

Don't get me wrong--I think it's great he's been searching.

I just don't like the idea that he has some sort of ownership of the case. It seems to be breeding ill will among groups that should be working together rather than backbiting.
    If HE'S the one putting together a search effort, he has a 'right' to tell HIS story....

TES also gets a lot of publicity for their search efforts & that directly affects their ability to collect money for subsequent search efforts.

The sad truth is Caylee's disappearance is not something even her own family 'owns.'
    Caylee Anthony = Victim

I voted yes. I don't care who funds the search or what they receive in exchange for putting up the money. $200K will pay for a lot of searching.

Then Murt would not be allowed to do what he does. That does not seem fair. Really though how would that work? Keep all media out of the area?

Insomnia Momma is offline If not supported by a link it's just what I think!
    I spoke with Leonard a little while ago and told him to take the money. He will get NO money out of this deal,The money will go only toward the search for Caylee, he makes NOTHING off it. Period, the end.

I told him to do it, whatever it takes to get Caylee home.
    Last edited by Insomnia Momma; 11-17-2008 at 05:23 PM. Reason: typos....
    Caylee - WE will NEVER forget. Neither will Karma.

My questions are:

Who is this footage worth 200K to?
    What are they planning to do with it?

And maybe I have missed something, but LP is not a 501C3, he would have to accept that money at a personal level, correct? If that is true a big chunk of that 200K won't do a thing towards the search.

No... him taking any money where he will be fronting for a camera will be nothing but blood money promoting his image, in Caylee's name. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    Agreed, however I think he SHOULD do it.

Honestly, what difference does it make as long as shes found and put to rest properly? (and Casey gets whats coming to her)....isnt that what we all really want the most? LP is going to take flack no matter what he does...But IMO I think hes a pretty amazing guy for doing everything hes done so far.

.....*`*. ☆ .*`*. ♥ .*`*. ☆ .*`*......
    ....●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ In Memory of Caylee Marie Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●....
    ........✿*`*. (`v) (`v) .*`*✿............
    ........ . . ✿*`*.(`v).*`*✿ . . ...........
    ..........♥♥.*. ☆ .*``..`*. ☆ .*.♥♥............. R.I.P Sweet Angel ♥ Forever Remembered & Never Forgotten ♥

Fandy is offline Polite & Interested Newbie, if I don't ask, I'll never know!
    Quote Originally Posted by DotsEyes View Post
    I voted yes. I don't care who funds the search or what they receive in exchange for putting up the money. $200K will pay for a lot of searching.
    yes, if it finds Caylee then I don't care.....but I'm sure the Anthonys will squawk and scream.
    Keeping the Litterbox Clean! (these are not my cats, they are generic~mine are much cuter)!

I don't care if he does make money, personally. I posted this on another thread, but it still applies here.:

People have been making money off missing people for as long as people have gone missing, imo. The media is only one example. We can't say that it is not justified nor can we say it is flat out wrong. Without the media making money to run their stations, drive their trucks, pay their reporters, pay their staffs, and keep the stations on the air...the plight of missing people would go largely unnoticed as before. We beg for the media to cover missing person cases and we gladly watch their coverage to raise their numbers to create an avenue to make more money.

The people who should not make money off missing people are the perps (accused or convicted), the families of the perps, and others who could have been involved with the perps. Also, people who are making money for or in concert with those I just mentioned.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

OT- wish we could see the look on ChillyWillys face when she signs on and sees this poll

I voted YES. LP would be able to have the funds to continue the search. Who cares what the A's think? They, above everyone else, are begging for money for a search that never happens. Who cares about the money if Caylee is found??

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast