Poll: Should LP accept 200K for Search

Should LP accpet the 200K to continue to search for Caylee?

• Yes

Votes: 249 65.5%
  • No

Votes: 84 22.1%
  • I am not sure

Votes: 47 12.4%

• Total voters

AutumnsDaze

Reaction score
I waited as long as I could for someone to post this to see what the results would be.

Should LP accept the offer of 200K to continue to search for Caylee?

UPDATED:padilla Offered $200K To Allow Filming Of Search For Caylee:
Monday, November 17, 2008 1:43:10 PM

<snipped>
Padilla told News 13 he has been contacted by a company that is willing to fund the search effort if Padilla is willing to give them exclusive rights to film the search effort.

The bounty hunter said he has not made a final decision on if he is willing to take the offer.

Search For Caylee: VIDEO
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2...20For Caylee

Article:
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...or_caylee.html

LOL! At least you aren't posting the poll to help Leonard make up his mind.

I'm voting "I don't know." It matters deeply to me WHICH company is offering the money, because if there is going to be film of any potential body recovery, I would want it to be a company that would treat the discovery of Caylee's body with the dignity and respect she deserves.

It also matters to me whether any of the $200k would be for Leonard, or solely dedicated to any search efforts.

I vote "IDK" but I lean towards NO.

The sad truth is this will open the door to more LP bashing.

I'd be more willing to say YES, if he promised an exclusive book/movie deal to someone AFTER the search is over.... not during.

I am not sure how I feel. I am worried that this with give the A's the appearance of impropriety and another reason for them to get on their soapbox.

Torn....I want Caylee found but I don't want the defense to use it for thier own purposes. I am guess I am leaning towards no.

YES! Whatever it takes to find CAYLEE.

I waited as long as I could for someone to post this to see what the results would be.

Should LP accept the offer of 200K to continue to search for Caylee?

UPDATED:padilla Offered $200K To Allow Filming Of Search For Caylee:
Monday, November 17, 2008 1:43:10 PM

<snipped>
Padilla told News 13 he has been contacted by a company that is willing to fund the search effort if Padilla is willing to give them exclusive rights to film the search effort.

The bounty hunter said he has not made a final decision on if he is willing to take the offer.

Search For Caylee: VIDEO
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2...20For Caylee

Article:
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...or_caylee.html

Links don't work.

IMO, Leonard is in-between a "rock and a hard place" because no matter what decision Leonard makes it will be the wrong decision in the public's eyes.

Don't you think it's a bit early to ask this question since we have no information at all on who this company might be or any other details?

I'm not sure. I'm not sure it sits well with me that LP even has the ability to give anyone exclusive rights to something of this nature.

Don't get me wrong--I think it's great he's been searching.

I just don't like the idea that he has some sort of ownership of the case. It seems to be breeding ill will among groups that should be working together rather than backbiting.

He should do it without accepting a dime. Use unpaid divers. If he makes from this I won't feel the same about him. Too many people have made money from this.

He should do it without accepting a dime. Use unpaid divers. If he makes from this I won't feel the same about him. Too many people have made money from this.

I'm not a fan of Leonard Padilla. But to be fair, we don't know that he would personally make any money off of any potential deal. It could be that the $200K would be totally spent on specialized equipment and specialized searchers. That's just one of the many unanswered questions.

I'm not sure. I'm not sure it sits well with me that LP even has the ability to give anyone exclusive rights to something of this nature.

Don't get me wrong--I think it's great he's been searching.

I just don't like the idea that he has some sort of ownership of the case. It seems to be breeding ill will among groups that should be working together rather than backbiting.

If HE'S the one putting together a search effort, he has a 'right' to tell HIS story....

TES also gets a lot of publicity for their search efforts & that directly affects their ability to collect money for subsequent search efforts.

The sad truth is Caylee's disappearance is not something even her own family 'owns.'

I voted yes. I don't care who funds the search or what they receive in exchange for putting up the money. $200K will pay for a lot of searching.

Then Murt would not be allowed to do what he does. That does not seem fair. Really though how would that work? Keep all media out of the area?

I spoke with Leonard a little while ago and told him to take the money. He will get NO money out of this deal,The money will go only toward the search for Caylee, he makes NOTHING off it. Period, the end.

I told him to do it, whatever it takes to get Caylee home.

My questions are:

Who is this footage worth 200K to?
What are they planning to do with it?

And maybe I have missed something, but LP is not a 501C3, he would have to accept that money at a personal level, correct? If that is true a big chunk of that 200K won't do a thing towards the search.

No... him taking any money where he will be fronting for a camera will be nothing but blood money promoting his image, in Caylee's name. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back