Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by magic-cat View Post
    http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=1.1.1

Apparently the Anthony's attorney is stating that they will NOT be sitting down with JM on the scheduled date...hmmm...
    The new attorney needs time to prepare, and needs some paper work on this issue, and the A family are granted time to mourn. Most of the Civil case will go though loads of paper work between the 2 attorneys before an actual face to face deposition can occur.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    The new attorney needs time to prepare, and needs some paper work on this issue, and the A family are granted time to mourn. Most of the Civil case will go though loads of paper work between the 2 attorneys before an actual face to face deposition can occur.
    Time to mourn...time to grieve...Oh Lord...why have they not grieved and mourned for her to this point? This is just another of their "tactics" to garner sympathy and to delay delay delay the process...Ok, give them time to grieve, by all means, but they are going to have to pay the piper one day soon...there is no escaping THAT!

ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.

Magic-Cat- so true, the piper is calling!

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Quote Originally Posted by magic-cat View Post
    http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=1.1.1

Apparently the Anthony's attorney is stating that they will NOT be sitting down with JM on the scheduled date...hmmm...
    I just saw this. If they don't show up, I hope JM has them charged with contempt. I vaguely recall hearing JM say something to that effect during an interview yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Who Cares View Post
    Update on case ZG against KC:

<snipped>
    Zenaida Gonzalez Prepares To Fight Further Involvement In Anthony Case
    "And they've kicked this dog and they've kicked this dog and all of the sudden it went away. Now OK it wasn't Zenaida, she's still alive and now they've circled back ant they've decided to kick Zenaida Gonzalez one more time, but they're going to find out they've kicked the wrong dog," Morgan said.

Morgan is scheduled to depose George and Cindy Anthony in his office at 9 a.m. Monday morning. He said if the Anthony's don't show up, he may hold them in contempt of court.

Morgan also plans to depose Casey Anthony in jail but her attorney, Jose Baez, said he's going to try and block that.

Article:
    http://www.wesh.com/news/18299352/detail.html
    Can they use testimony in a Civil case for the criminal one later?

Quote Originally Posted by What'sThatClue View Post
    I just saw this. If they don't show up, I hope JM has them charged with contempt. I vaguely recall hearing JM say something to that effect during an interview yesterday.
    I'm sure J Morgan issued subpoenas for them to appear, so if they don't appear, they can (and I bet will) be ruled into court by J Morgan (he'll file a Motion For Contempt FOr Failure To Appear Re: Subpoenas) to explain their failure to appear. The judge may or may not be sympathetic, and it will depend somewhat on
    (1) whether the Anthonys previously gave J Morgan these dates, thereby consenting, or
    (2) if they refused to give him dates, meaning he had to go ahead and pick dates that worked for his calendar and have them subpoenaed.

If it's (1), they and their new attorney Mr. COnway will have a harder time explaining to the judge why they didn't appear.
    If it's # 2, they may be able to wiggle out, but I have to say that in a civil matter, they cannot "refuse" to appear because they "need time to grieve."
    Not that they shouldn't have some time to do so, but some would argue that they've had 6+ months now and ar simply using this as an excuse to STALL these depositions...

Quote Originally Posted by Chezhire View Post
    I'm sure J Morgan issued subpoenas for them to appear, so if they don't appear, they can (and I bet will) be ruled into court by J Morgan (he'll file a Motion For Contempt FOr Failure To Appear Re: Subpoenas) to explain their failure to appear. The judge may or may not be sympathetic, and it will depend somewhat on
    (1) whether the Anthonys previously gave J Morgan these dates, thereby consenting, or
    (2) if they refused to give him dates, meaning he had to go ahead and pick dates that worked for his calendar and have them subpoenaed.

If it's (1), they and their new attorney Mr. COnway will have a harder time explaining to the judge why they didn't appear.
    If it's # 2, they may be able to wiggle out, but I have to say that in a civil matter, they cannot "refuse" to appear because they "need time to grieve."
    Not that they shouldn't have some time to do so, but some would argue that they've had 6+ months now and ar simply using this as an excuse to STALL these depositions...
    HOW CAN THEY CLAM GRIEVING WHEN THE BODY HAS NOT BEEN IDENTIFIED YET???? this will not be granted and they will be in contempt

Quote Originally Posted by manatee View Post
    HOW CAN THEY CLAM GRIEVING WHEN THE BODY HAS NOT BEEN IDENTIFIED YET???? this will not be granted and they will be in contempt
    manatee, the family is notified before the public.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    manatee, the family is notified before the public.
    carlos padilla stated the family would be notified first and the public immediately after. So, that being said, if the id is not released by the depo on Monday I would think it would be in the Anthonys' best interest to show up... (??? but of course I am not a lawyer ??? LOL)

Casey is going to spend the rest of her life in prison, and ZG will never get a dime because Casey has nothing, so what's the point? Baez will not allow his client to talk to this attorney, and the A's attorney isn't going to let them talk to this guy neither, so at this point it's a game. Ughhh......

Quote Originally Posted by DazzlinDebSD View Post
    Casey is going to spend the rest of her life in prison, and ZG will never get a dime because Casey has nothing, so what's the point? Baez will not allow his client to talk to this attorney, and the A's attorney isn't going to let them talk to this guy neither, so at this point it's a game. Ughhh......
    I believe ZG could be awarded any future monies the A would recieve with book and interview rights.
    Check out updated daily: Tricia's Tidbits

Some days I feel like a tumbleweed blowing in the wind....

Quote Originally Posted by DazzlinDebSD View Post
    I think, but am not positive, that the A's homeowner's policy would have to kick in. That's what I heard in the news when JM first filed the suit. Can't find a link offhand but I'll try to search.

Quote Originally Posted by JaJo View Post
    I think Morgan's got his eye on those book/movie deals. LOL!
    Would NOT surprise me ONE bit! John Morgan is one of those attorney's that has a ton of commercials on TV. When I lived in Orlando (grew up there) he was always on advertising his old firm Morgan, Colling and Gilbert, and then I remember the big huge mess when he got his butt arrested for assaulting a police officer. I don't have a whole lot of respect for him JMO:

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/features/story.asp?id=252
    I once was lost, but now I'm found and I don't know how I survived without Milk Bones and fluffy pillows...Frank (a loving rescued dog)

I hope He doesn't skate around the issues with the A's. If he will just ask them,about when they first heard of Zanny. Cindy made it seem on Larry King that she knew the nanny. She tried to make it seem as if it was a fact and that it was something she was used to,but in her 911 call she says "my daughter has been missing for a month. I just found her but I can't find my granddaughter." If she had been talking to Casey everyday,and everything was normal ,why did she feel like she had been dodging her for that month?? She spends hours telling the police all the places Casey said she was.Lee tried to hunt her down and she dodged him,They are all guilty of not giving and securing proper supervision for Caylee. If they want immunity, how can they continue to say the Nanny did it?? I hope they take the money out of Casey's defense money. I can't believe people are donating to help her. How much money is in her account??
    Missing Children Statistics

“…A child goes missing every 40 seconds in the U.S, over 2,100 per day

In excess of 800,000 children are reported missing each year

Another 500,000 go missing without ever being reported…”

UPDATE: As of 12-19-08, Casey's depo was set for 1-12-09

New www.myorangeclerk.com case info for Civil Matter: 08-CA-0024573-O, as of December 19 & 22, 2008:
    SNIPPED, from CASE ACTIONS tab:
    12/19/2008 DEFT CINDY ANTHONY NOTICE OF APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL
    12/19/2008 DEFT GEORGE ANTHONY NOTICE OF APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL
    12/19/2008 NOTICE OF TAKING DEPOSITION OF CASEY ANTHONY 1/12/2008 @ 10:00 AM
    12/22/2008 LETTER TO JUDGE FROM JONATHAN KASEN
    12/22/2008 DEFT MOTION TO STAY OR DEFER DEFTS DEPO UNTIL RESOLUTION OF THE PENDING CRIMINAL CASE

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk...CaseID=6054162

Appears that Casey's defense attorneys have moved to stay the civil deposition until after resolution of the criminal charges.

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast