Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moderator Alert Discussion

Moderator Alert Discussion

There are two very sad things that struck me as I read this, Adnoid. Having someone threaten to look up your freaking home address for further harrassment is utterly astounding to me. I would hope that poster would be immediately banned! Secondly, that there are so many alerts in the first place.

I am so very thankful you guys volunteer for this job, and you certainly deserve better treatment. I hope we can all strive to do better around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    There are two very sad things that struck me as I read this, Adnoid. Having someone threaten to look up your freaking home address for further harrassment is utterly astounding to me. I would hope that poster would be immediately banned! Secondly, that there are so many alerts in the first place.

I am so very thankful you guys volunteer for this job, and you certainly deserve better treatment. I hope we can all strive to do better around here.
    How shocking! I thought that we here at WS were high caliber individuals! I can't believe that such a thing as threats occurs. To be honest, as you said I am in disbelief, that there are so many alerts. Yes, of course there will be disagreements, but I thought we were mature, intelligent individuals here. My goodness.

I second, Taxi's thanks to all you mods! I think you do a wonderful, sometimes thankless job.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BeavisMom62 For This Useful Post:

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Are these kinds of things happening now on WS? I have even more admiration for the moderators here than before, if that's possible.

I can't imagine what the mods go through that we never hear about. Thanks to all the mods for everything you do.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    Alerts to Moderators:

In the header of every post you will see this icon:

If you read a post that you feel violates the Websleuths TOS or is objectionable in some other way, by clicking on this icon you will dispatch an email to the appropriate moderators. You will be given an opportunity to enter your comments, and the email that the moderators receive will contain your comments, a link to the thread, and a link to the post in question. This is the fastest and most efficient way to notify the staff of a potential problem.

We appreciate alerts sincerely sent. However, abusing the alert system is a good way to get a one-way ticket out of Websleuths. The following actions, for instance, are abusive:

--Alerting repeatedly on the same poster;

--Demanding a specific outcome;

--Threatening to look up staff member's home addresses and harass them if certain actions are not taken;

--Alerting on the same post more than once

These are examples, not a full list.

If appropriate, one or more of us may contact you for more information or to say thanks. Most probably you will not hear from us - there are just too many to handle every one in the same manner as a social discourse.

Contacting us and demanding information about how we are handling your alert is considered a Very Bad Idea.
    Bless y'all's hearts.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to southcitymom For This Useful Post:

Cool Gosh .... I am very new here ...

I certainly hope that I have not offended anyone.

Everyone appears to be friendly, compassionate, and honestly good to each other ..... please keep it that way.

Sincerely;

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    Are these kinds of things happening now on WS? I have even more admiration for the moderators here than before, if that's possible.
    These types of things have always happened.

Thank you mods, for the great job you do here.

Adnoid rocks!!!

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    These types of things have always happened.
    Thanks Amra. I deal with it on a small scale as a moderator on another forum but I don't have nearly that many posters to answer to.

That is so sad that someone would threaten to find out a mods address or that they would think they have a choice in the decision made by the mods. Thanks mods for the jobs that you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn2004 View Post
    That is so sad that someone would threaten to find out a mods address or that they would think they have a choice in the decision made by the mods. Thanks mods for the jobs that you do.
    I can take the threats, I'm a big boy. But sending the staff an email threatening to look up where to find Tricia for the purpose of harassing her is not real bright. We're pretty protective.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

"I'll put it this way: I certainly wouldn't want her behind me in a knife fight." -- me

Email me

16. The Following User Says Thank You to adnoid For This Useful Post:

I can take the threats, I'm a big boy. But sending the staff an email threatening to look up where to find Tricia for the purpose of harassing her is not real bright. We're pretty protective.

Thanks, adnoid,.... for looking out for our best interests at w/s ..

plus for thinking of protecting
    Tricia.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

even though I am sure she can protect herself!!!!!!!

You're The MAN..........and anyone that even entertains an evil thought of Tricia had best think twice. Protective comes close to describing how many of us are.....

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    You're The MAN..........and anyone that even entertains an evil thought of Tricia had best think twice. Protective comes close to describing how many of us are.....
    Yeah. They must have forgotten or not known that Adnoid is armed and ready!

Im so thankful for that. Its scary you never know who your dealing with when it comes to the internet, there are some scary individuals out there.

Okay - sorry to be a bother here, but I don't see such a link in the headers of the posts? Okay - Okay I got it! Its the red button. I have been posting here for about a year now, I have just now figured out what the RED button is.

I'm so proud of me......

Salem

I really appreciate all of the mods too! You do a great job!

I can't believe someone would threaten to do that to Tricia or anyone else! (Well, actually, I can believe it, considering the dark side of human nature and the Internet. *sigh*)

All of you on the staff keep things moving smoothly here and we owe you nothing but thanks. There is no other place quite like Websleuths and people don't know how lucky they are sometimes.

Anyone who thinks they are above the rules should just move along and go rant and rave somewhere else.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post

Ah, this is again a reminder that there are some real nutjobs on the interwebz. LOL I think that the person or persons who do this should find something else to do with their time. WOW - God bless ya, mods. I think you all do an awesome job for as big as WS is.

*kudos*

Thanks, mods, for all you do.

Threatening the mods? That's pathetic in a creepy kind of way. I'm sad to hear that.

Wow! I can't even believe people threaten mods....I like to purpose that anyone stupid & demented enough to so would have their ridiculous message immediately posted! Just so we all know who they are

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post:

Thank you mods!

I'm still looking around here...but am really liking what I am seeing....great forum....thanks!!

Just wanted to stop by and say how much I appreciate this forum (Tricia, {hugs}) and what a wonderful job the mods do for us all!

I know you ALWAYS hear when things are not right, but I wanted you to know that MANY of us appreciate everything that IS RIGHT.

Thank you for all you do!

fran

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Just wanted to stop by and say how much I appreciate this forum (Tricia, {hugs}) and what a wonderful job the mods do for us all!

I know you ALWAYS hear when things are not right, but I wanted you to know that MANY of us appreciate everything that IS RIGHT.

Thank you for all you do!

fran
    I love this post! How perfectly put, Fran.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast