Moderator Alert / Report Discussion

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
There are two very sad things that struck me as I read this, . Having someone threaten to look up your freaking home address for further harrassment is utterly astounding to me. I would hope that poster would be immediately banned! Secondly, that there are so many alerts in the first place.

I am so very thankful you guys volunteer for this job, and you certainly deserve better treatment. I hope we can all strive to do better around here.

There are two very sad things that struck me as I read this, . Having someone threaten to look up your freaking home address for further harrassment is utterly astounding to me. I would hope that poster would be immediately banned! Secondly, that there are so many alerts in the first place.

I am so very thankful you guys volunteer for this job, and you certainly deserve better treatment. I hope we can all strive to do better around here.
How shocking! I thought that we here at WS were high caliber individuals! I can't believe that such a thing as threats occurs. To be honest, as you said I am in disbelief, that there are so many alerts. Yes, of course there will be disagreements, but I thought we were mature, intelligent individuals here. My goodness.:eek:

I second, Taxi's thanks to all you mods! I think you do a wonderful, sometimes thankless job.

Alerts to Moderators:

In the header of every post you will see this icon:
report.gif

If you read a post that you feel violates the Websleuths TOS or is objectionable in some other way, by clicking on this icon you will dispatch an email to the appropriate moderators. You will be given an opportunity to enter your comments, and the email that the moderators receive will contain your comments, a link to the thread, and a link to the post in question. This is the fastest and most efficient way to notify the staff of a potential problem.

We appreciate alerts sincerely sent. However, abusing the alert system is a good way to get a one-way ticket out of Websleuths. The following actions, for instance, are abusive:

--Alerting repeatedly on the same poster;

--Demanding a specific outcome;

--Threatening to look up staff member's home addresses and harass them if certain actions are not taken;

--Alerting on the same post more than once

These are examples, not a full list.

If appropriate, one or more of us may contact you for more information or to say thanks. Most probably you will not hear from us - there are just too many to handle every one in the same manner as a social discourse.

Contacting us and demanding information about how we are handling your alert is considered a Very Bad Idea.

Bless y'all's hearts.

I can take the threats, I'm a big boy. But sending the staff an email threatening to look up where to find Tricia for the purpose of harassing her is not real bright. We're pretty protective.

Thanks, ,.... for looking out for our best interests at w/s ..

plus for thinking of protecting
Tricia.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

even though I am sure she can protect herself!!!!!!!

I can take the threats, I'm a big boy. But sending the staff an email threatening to look up where to find Tricia for the purpose of harassing her is not real bright. We're pretty protective.

You're The MAN..........and anyone that even entertains an evil thought of Tricia had best think twice. Protective comes close to describing how many of us are.....

Im so thankful for that. Its scary you never know who your dealing with when it comes to the internet, there are some scary individuals out there.

Okay - sorry to be a bother here, but I don't see such a link in the headers of the posts? Okay - Okay I got it! Its the red button. I have been posting here for about a year now, I have just now figured out what the RED button is.

I'm so proud of me......

Salem

I really appreciate all of the mods too! You do a great job!

I can't believe someone would threaten to do that to Tricia or anyone else! (Well, actually, I can believe it, considering the dark side of human nature and the Internet. *sigh*)

All of you on the staff keep things moving smoothly here and we owe you nothing but thanks. :blowkiss: There is no other place quite like Websleuths and people don't know how lucky they are sometimes.

Anyone who thinks they are above the rules should just move along and go rant and rave somewhere else.

Ah, this is again a reminder that there are some real nutjobs on the interwebz. LOL I think that the person or persons who do this should find something else to do with their time. WOW - God bless ya, mods. I think you all do an awesome job for as big as WS is.

*kudos*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back