710 users online (101 members and 609 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Okay - sorry to be a bother here, but I don't see such a link in the headers of the posts? Okay - Okay I got it! Its the red button. I have been posting here for about a year now, I have just now figured out what the RED button is.

I'm so proud of me......

Salem

I really appreciate all of the mods too! You do a great job!

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    I can take the threats, I'm a big boy. But sending the staff an email threatening to look up where to find Tricia for the purpose of harassing her is not real bright. We're pretty protective.
    I can't believe someone would threaten to do that to Tricia or anyone else! (Well, actually, I can believe it, considering the dark side of human nature and the Internet. *sigh*)

All of you on the staff keep things moving smoothly here and we owe you nothing but thanks. There is no other place quite like Websleuths and people don't know how lucky they are sometimes.

Anyone who thinks they are above the rules should just move along and go rant and rave somewhere else.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    There are two very sad things that struck me as I read this, Adnoid. Having someone threaten to look up your freaking home address for further harrassment is utterly astounding to me. I would hope that poster would be immediately banned! Secondly, that there are so many alerts in the first place.

I am so very thankful you guys volunteer for this job, and you certainly deserve better treatment. I hope we can all strive to do better around here.
    Ah, this is again a reminder that there are some real nutjobs on the interwebz. LOL I think that the person or persons who do this should find something else to do with their time. WOW - God bless ya, mods. I think you all do an awesome job for as big as WS is.

*kudos*

Thanks, mods, for all you do.

Threatening the mods? That's pathetic in a creepy kind of way. I'm sad to hear that.

Wow! I can't even believe people threaten mods....I like to purpose that anyone stupid & demented enough to so would have their ridiculous message immediately posted! Just so we all know who they are

Thank you mods!

I'm still looking around here...but am really liking what I am seeing....great forum....thanks!!

Just wanted to stop by and say how much I appreciate this forum (Tricia, {hugs}) and what a wonderful job the mods do for us all!

I know you ALWAYS hear when things are not right, but I wanted you to know that MANY of us appreciate everything that IS RIGHT.

Thank you for all you do!

fran

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Just wanted to stop by and say how much I appreciate this forum (Tricia, {hugs}) and what a wonderful job the mods do for us all!

I know you ALWAYS hear when things are not right, but I wanted you to know that MANY of us appreciate everything that IS RIGHT.

fran
    I love this post! How perfectly put, Fran.....

Adding my gratitude for WS & our mods ...

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post

fran

Thank you, Fran - you expressed exactly what I came here to post - and you said it so beautifully!

Please add me to our very long list of extremely appreciative members. I am so very grateful to Tricia and all our magnificent mods. Major kudos to all of them!

This weekend - I am especially grateful to longtime WSer and our newest addition to the mod squad, (((Adnoid))), for ALL the hard work, innovations & effort he puts forth here at our Websleuths community. Amazing contributions!

I just finished reading the *new front page* thread in the Jury Room this afternoon. Tricia made it abundantly clear - WS would have been *closed down* if not for Adnoid. I believe her. For Adnoid's uncomfortable role in that sad fiasco & so many other reasons .. I am deeply grateful to him that we all still have our highly valued "home away from home". Thank you so much!

((((Tricia, Adnoid & All our WS Mods))))

You guys are the absolute best!! (And as my son would say - "Don't let the turkeys get you down!")

Rummy
    Last edited by Rum Tum Tugger; 07-19-2008 at 04:04 PM. Reason: add link to post
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man."

Rum Tum Tugger

I just want to add my agreement to what Rum Tum and Fran said above.
    I appreciate this site very much and also the work that goes into keeping it running, from Tricia and all the mods. Simply Thankyou
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Boy, I am blown away by all this! I had no idea stuff like this even went on. Call me dumb, naive, stupid - all of the above.

Thank you every single mod for putting up with this craziness. I still can't believe it.

God bless WS!
    Friends can deceive us; even the best of them.
    God does not deceive.

Jan Karon

Many, many thanks and blessings to Tricia and all moderators ~ I had no idea what a hard job you have!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciara View Post
    I just want to add my agreement to what Rum Tum and Fran said above.
    I appreciate this site very much and also the work that goes into keeping it running, from Tricia and all the mods. Simply Thankyou
    I absolutely agree. Tricia, the mods, the behind the scene people..thank you so much for giving us this wonderful on line community to sleuth away!

Quote Originally Posted by hallowedbe View Post
    Boy, I am blown away by all this! I had no idea stuff like this even went on. Call me dumb, naive, stupid - all of the above.

Thank you every single mod for putting up with this craziness. I still can't believe it.

God bless WS!
    me too!

i really think this is one of the best moderated message boards i've been on by the way. you guys are doing a great job!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast