1247 users online (228 members and 1019 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Etiquette & Information Discussion

That was good reading right there. Thanks to all in charge for keeping it as safe as possible here for us.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I'll second that. I thought I knew all the rules but there were a couple of surprises and I can understand why those things are not allowed.

Great reading and wonderful way to keep us all safe and sound on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    I'll second that. I thought I knew all the rules but there were a couple of surprises and I can understand why those things are not allowed.
    I thought I did too, but I think I've broken some along the way...not realizing, of course.

I know I have broken one! Sorry bout my potty mouth, I really am working on it! (hehe) Good rules! thanks for keeping this place "inline"

Trying to Circumvent a Ban / Block:

If you log onto the WS forums and receive a message that you have been banned, please submit an unban request and wait for a WS admin to get in touch with you. You may NOT re-register under a new name - if you try to sign up again and we catch you, you will be immediately banned forever with no chance of appeal. We rarely send out notices that you have been banned.
    I'm confused here. If you find yourself banned, do you, or do you not receive a message that you've been banned?

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    I'm confused here. If you find yourself banned, do you, or do you not receive a message that you've been banned?
    I think trying to log in and not being able to is a huge clue!!!! (P.S. you usually get some warnings before you do get banned, so read previously sentence).

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    I have been told then when you log in and go to all Forums you get this message:

You have been banned for the following reason:
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Date the ban will be lifted: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    If you have been banned, when you try to log in (or visit the site after setting the preference to keep you logged in) you will get something like this:

If you just cannot connect you should assume that we're doing maintenance or there's some other problem.
    Thanks for clearing that up Adnoid!

Adnoid, thank you for posting this information. I may have broke one of them inadvertently, "Inviting outside contact," It was more a monkey see, monkey do, on my part. Sorry, I truly wasn't aware that was against the rules until just now.

Thanks! This is good for all of us to read.

I know I have violated a few. Especially the potty mouth.

And I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to ask people to PM me for more info. I actually thought that was what I SHOULD do if it would get boring for everyone else and I wanted to only offer extra info if the other person wanted it. I appreciate the clarification.

WS mods are the best!

Defining some VIP info for Websleuthers ..

Excellent thread - Awesome!

Clear n' concise verbiage defining appropriate WS etiquette, info & rules ... a well written & necessary read!

Much appreciated, Adnoid.

Rummy :bananapowerslide:
    Last edited by Rum Tum Tugger; 06-08-2008 at 09:19 PM.
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man."

Rum Tum Tugger

Thanks, Adnoid.

Most is common sense and just plain etiquette.

I was glad you listed this one..........

Inviting outside Contact:

“Inviting” is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely. This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as “Check your PMs” or “PM me” posted in discussion threads.

That has been done on several occasions by especially one poster in the past. Thanks Adnoid for listing it!

I think I love you.
    Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities ~ Voltaire

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast