1334 users online (247 members and 1087 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I just read all the rules and regs (finally) and am curious about the purpose of the rule where members are not allowed to say goodbye when they're leaving. May I ask why not?

Is it possible for one to change one's user name? Thanks!

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

Mod Question/Request

I don't post much, so I can't start a thread on yet another "husband kills wife then tries to blame mystery carjacker" story that happened in Maryland today. Is there a way someone else could start a thread? The appropriate links on the story would be on www.thewbalchannel.com. I know it's a sadly common event, but I think this situation deserves some attention. This guy stabbed his wife to death, then dumped her body on the side of the road in a rural area on the Eastern Shore. Guy's in the Navy, and the couple had kids. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I used to be FFWifey, but I took some time away from the forum, got a new computer and upgraded to high-speed internet. I can't remember my old password and have no way to access my old hat. If you can get rid of this hat or make it inactive, I'd appreciate it.

Sorry for the long post. Lots of hot air here.

TIA!
    pet me, feed me, pet me, feed me, pet me, feed me

You are awesome! Thanks!
    pet me, feed me, pet me, feed me, pet me, feed me

Editing

How long do you have to edit your own post(s)? I notice sometimes I can edit them and other times not.

TIA

How come, when people post pictures, I cannot see them all? Some I can see, and some I can't...TIA
    Proud WS N-LIB

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=85786&page=2

Here is an example...Can't see Dark Night's quote...
    Proud WS N-LIB

Okay...Now I can see it - weird...I'll go look for another example. Thanks Adnoid!
    Proud WS N-LIB

Adnoid, found another example...Post #167...Everyone is seeing the 20 pics, all I see is the description typed by poster. TIA for checking on this for me.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=85895&page=7
    Proud WS N-LIB

This is all I see - None of the diagrams/thumbnails...Quoting jvk's post in the Lindsey Baum thread #2, page 7, post 167. The pics you are referencing are from Caylee's thread? I have never seen those also, and have been all over her forum...

Look Familiar?

That city-online picture was in fact pointing straight down Maple @ the Shell station.

It's also nearly right in front of '647

Here is what's on the other side of that rail

.. a ditch/creek w/a high fence (on the other side) Pretty much no getting over it.

If you keep looking to the left..

.. a church..

.. The end of Maple st (last house is 655 iirc) (right next to 647) is basically closed off (enclosed in) toward the west & south.

On the east (behind the house(s)) there's some forest

@ The very end of maple is a water treatment plant

Crosswalk @ 3rd & ~Maple ('the') (pointing toward/at Shell)

The bus station (which is very small) The Shell station is about ~30ft behind.

Here is 1 of 2 (useless) Shell station Cameras. This camera wouldn't pick up anything except for people literally pulling up to or going into Shell.

This is the 2nd (useless) camera which sits ontop of the pump(s) roof (lack of a better word) What it's aimed at i have no idea but it seriously serves no purpose whatsoever. It might as well be pointing at the sky (it nearly is) - You can see it in the first picture ^ to the right of the stop sign

This is looking east up 3rd st. (bus station just to the right, out of picture)

The Police Station looks more like a warehouse (well, i guess you can't tell from this pic) i may have seen 2 (LE) cars but most of the time just one.

Looking @ the bus station from the Shell parking lot

This is looking back down to the end of Maple. 7th is really the first opportunity to get off Maple. Aside from getting behind the houses (on the left) - Going over the rail/ditch/fence really isn't an option. (on right)

'647 (& 655)

I hope i'm still in order here but i think this was @ 6th & Maple.

Looking back down Maple. The majority of Maple is fairly wide.

It was near 9pm when this was taken (losing light)

Same w/this one..

.. I guess 20 images is the most i can put in one post..
    Last edited by jvk; Today at 01:21 AM.
    Proud WS N-LIB

You're right, I just checked...I just got the internet at home (short story)...At work I can see some pics but not all, but at home on my work laptop computer I am the administrator because I do lots of programming, I can see everything. Ha, I can see the pics in my previous post here (posted from work) with no pics, but am able to view here at home

Thanks for working so hard for me...just a small contributor to WS! Bless all of you Mods! Guess I need to do more work from home! Thanks Adnoid.

Robin

Blurb...Explaination for funky firewall - I work for the State of California! Sometimes right, Most of the time left. Sometimes yes, most of the time no...Sometimes right, MOST of the time wrong! But I am GOOD at what I do! Smart at work, dumb at home (Thanks to Adnoid for pointing my problem out to me, thought there was no difference in the firewall!)
    Last edited by PMLsmom; 07-02-2009 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Added blurb.
    Proud WS N-LIB

Link to charity page

I am wondering what the policy is for a link to a charity page? I am participating in a biking event to raise money for Autism and have a page set up for direct donations. Would this be allowed as a link in my signature?

I have seen one member (possibly two) that has a link to their personal website where they are selling items.

I'm confused at to whether this is allowed. Clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks so much,
    Maz

Quote Originally Posted by Mazama View Post
    I am wondering what the policy is for a link to a charity page? I am participating in a biking event to raise money for Autism and have a page set up for direct donations. Would this be allowed as a link in my signature?

I have seen one member (possibly two) that has a link to their personal website where they are selling items.

I'm confused at to whether this is allowed. Clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks so much,
    Maz
    Good question. Some people have paid to advertise their businesses and some causes are approved by the owner Tricia for promotion.
    Send her a pm Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community or an email tgrif@xmission.com
    and you can go over it with her. thanks for asking Maz.
    Last edited by sillybilly; 08-23-2015 at 02:00 PM. Reason: change "ame" to "url"

Need to Edit Timeline in Jaycee Dugard Forum

Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    You have 24 hours from when you make a post to edit it. After 90 minutes you will see the notation that it has been edited, edits made in the first 90 minutes are applied without any notation.

You also have 24 hours from when you start a thread to edit the title of the thread or add a poll to it.
    I didn't realize this until today. I've been updating the timeline offline in a Notepad document and would now like to post the latest version to the thread. Since it has been more than 24 hours since my last edit, I am unable to update it.

What should I do?

re: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88430.
    Last edited by sillybilly; 08-23-2015 at 02:00 PM. Reason: change "ame" to "url"

Quote Originally Posted by Californian View Post
    I didn't realize this until today. I've been updating the timeline offline in a Notepad document and would now like to post the latest version to the thread. Since it has been more than 24 hours since my last edit, I am unable to update it.

What should I do?

re: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88430.
    Hi Californian

I would contact one of the Mods of that forum, I'm sure they will be happy to help you out with this. PM one of them, they can help you.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast