2008.11.25 Motions Filed By JB for Court Date

I am not an attorney - but have worked for them so long I should be!

That document is a motion to compel the prosecution to produce the documents asked for. The timeline that was sketched by ToneE, etc. Evidently they havent' turned it over to team KC yet. They are entitled to all documents that the prosecution has.

I am not an attorney - but have worked for them so long I should be!

That document is a motion to compel the prosecution to produce the documents asked for. The timeline that was sketched by ToneE, etc. Evidently they havent' turned it over to team KC yet. They are entitled to all documents that the prosecution has.

Right but why just TonE?

Right but why just TonE?

Well, not just because it is TonE - but because the prosecution is withholding those particular documents. It could just as well have been Amy or Richardo, or anybody.

Evidently LE just hasn't complied with all of the document requests, and that one document must be TonE's.

The calendar and even the Detectives notes in this case are not considered 'documents', are they? If Detectives prepared a calendar timeline of events, this would not be considered something the defense would be entitled to, is it? Baez should do his own work, IMO.

This calendar and timeline being requested are probably items that Tony L spoke about or was questioned about when deposed by JB. I doubt they will have to produce them if they could be considered notes that LE was making when interviewing him, especially if they already have access to the taped interviews. IMO.

The calendar and even the Detectives notes in this case are not considered 'documents', are they? If Detectives prepared a calendar timeline of events, this would not be considered something the defense would be entitled to, is it? Baez should do his own work, IMO.

The Defense is entitled to it IF it has been turned over to the SA's office.

JB continues to make motions without stating any law supporting his motion. Where is the authority for his motion? No Points and Authorities? No citation on the motion. No statutes. No Rules of Court? Discovery rights are based on statutes. Those statutes say what the timelines are for producing discovery on each of the charges. In my jurisdiction, if the movant (attorney who files the motion) doesn't cite the authority, the Judges can refuse to hear the motion.)

This calendar and timeline being requested are probably items that Tony L spoke about or was questioned about when deposed by JB. I doubt they will have to produce them if they could be considered notes that LE was making when interviewing him, especially if they already have access to the taped interviews. IMO.

I believe the timeline came about in the taped interview. LE had a huge calendar and with every individual they would show them the calendar and make notes and try to pin down dates. I'm not sure, but I guess this would be classified as "work product" or "investigative product"

The Defense is entitled to it IF it has been turned over to the SA's office.

I thought it had to be filed with the County Clerk and that if it isn't filed they can't have it until a certain period just before the trial and only if the prosecution is going to use it. I may be wrong on this but that's how I understood it.

JB continues to make motions without stating any law supporting his motion. Where is the authority for his motion? No Points and Authorities? No citation on the motion. No statutes. No Rules of Court? Discovery rights are based on statutes. Those statutes say what the timelines are for producing discovery on each of the charges. In my jurisdiction, if the movant (attorney who files the motion) doesn't cite the authority, the Judges can refuse to hear the motion.)

Right. Don't real defense attorney cross reference other cases with the outcome he is trying to get?

I thought it had to be filed with the County Clerk and that if it isn't filed they can't have it until a certain period just before the trial and only if the prosecution is going to use it. I may be wrong on this but that's how I understood it.

Exactly what I was thinking. I am starting to think we share a mind WTC. Just imagine all of the stuff the SA office gets files there. This is making it seem that the OC clerk is left out of everything.

I believe the timeline came about in the taped interview. LE had a huge calendar and with every individual they would show them the calendar and make notes and try to pin down dates. I'm not sure, but I guess this would be classified as "work product" or "investigative product"

That is what I was meaning, TotallyObsessed. Thank you. I was thinking that this 'work product' calendar was what Baez was asking for. IMO, Jose would have no right to it. Let him do his own timeline calendar if indeed that is what he wants. Baez is lazy. Even Judge Strickland (sp?) had to tell Baez to do his own legwork!

Exactly what I was thinking. I am starting to think we share a mind WTC. Just imagine all of the stuff the SA office gets files there. This is making it seem that the OC clerk is left out of everything.

Yeah, I know! Sometimes I'll go to post something and bada-bing-bada-boom, you beat me to it. ROFL, we share a mind along with our nicknames (my real life nick is Coley, lol).

I am not a lawyer and I don't play one on tv but I assume that if they are adding TonE to the witness list, any document or any information given by him who be important to the defense. He has a right to any witness information ,including Tony's calendar contributions.It is evidence.

Yeah, I know! Sometimes I'll go to post something and bada-bing-bada-boom, you beat me to it. ROFL, we share a mind along with our nicknames (my real life nick is Coley, lol).

Oh yea, I totally forgot about our convo a while back about that. :blowkiss:

I do not think they are trying to discredit AL necessarily. The calendar / timeline was mentioned in the LE interview and Tony implied it had been assembled via meetings with others involved in the case. LE has seen it, but I do not know if they have a copy (if this was mentioned in the transcript it did not register with me).

JB may use it to find inconsistencies in court with testimony provided by LE, AL, and others. However, I don't think he will get far, especially if AL describes it as preliminary or a work in progress. Assuming Baez gets a copy.

Hardly anything to worry about, IMO.

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland set a date for next week to hear nearly a dozen motions filed in the Casey Anthony case.

The motions range from Anthony's attorney Jose Baez asking to bring a laptop into the Orange County Jail so he can use it to prepare for trial with his client to another defense request to inspect the hairs found in the trunk of Anthony's car.

Another filing includes a response from the Orlando Sentinel and WFTV-Channel 9 opposing the gag order requested earlier by the state.

The issues will be addressed on Nov. 25 at 2 p.m.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-111808,0,6143368.story

Interesting that he only filed for specific detailed information regarding forensics on November 12th!

Also interesting "The Media" contesting the gag order.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back