Identified! NH - Rochester, Woman's body behind church, Nov'08 - Marcie Grenier

soyesterday

Reaction score
http://www.wmur.com/news/18008966/detail.html

ROCHESTER, N.H. -- A body has been found behind a church in Rochester, and police are investigating.
Officials said the body of a 31-year-old woman was found at about 2 p.m. behind the Christ the King Church on Route 108. The medical examiner has been called to the scene.
Police are treating the discovery as a suspicious death, but there was no word on how she died.

It doesn't say how long the body has been there or if there's been a missing person from the area...

I live in Rochester NH. I cant think of anyone reported missing in the area but I am very worried, I am also 31so the chances that I know this person are pretty high if I hear anything I will keep you posted

Yeah i haven't heard about anyone missing either...
so i wonder if it 's kinda recent....
like she was found before she was even reported missing....

Yeah i haven't heard about anyone missing either...
so i wonder if it 's kinda recent....
like she was found before she was even reported missing....

I am thinking that the body must not have been in this location for long. This is a well traveled area and there are always people coming and going from the church. I do think that the person was not yet reported missing I don't think it could have even been there for an entire day without being seen. I am waiting for the name to be released as I do know a lot of people in the area and I would be surprised if I did not know her or of her in some way. WAY too close to home for me!

Oh me too...
this is kinda freaky...
and did you hear about the guy that was found dead this morning i think? in rochester???
anyway...Christ the King church is on the main road on 108...well you know that i know...but anyway....i think they said the body was found behind the church right??
So i'm not sure if people would have seen it really easily.
But again, as far as i know, i haven't heard anyone reported missing from around here....
so strange...
i'm feeling all anxious waiting to hear the identity too...
very close to my age too...
i'm so nervous waiting....

Oh me too...
this is kinda freaky...
and did you hear about the guy that was found dead this morning i think? in rochester???
anyway...Christ the King church is on the main road on 108...well you know that i know...but anyway....i think they said the body was found behind the church right??
So i'm not sure if people would have seen it really easily.
But again, as far as i know, i haven't heard anyone reported missing from around here....
so strange...
i'm feeling all anxious waiting to hear the identity too...
very close to my age too...
i'm so nervous waiting....

The article in the fosters states:

http://fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081118/GJNEWS_01/811189914

The body was located behind the church, in the area of the parking lot .
In the area of the parking lot leads me to think that the body was not set very far back. I could be wrong though but I am picturing the lot around back and the body possibly being just off the lot. I feel confident that the body would not have been there Sunday as someone at services would have seen it. The church is right next to my sisters bf's home.

In regard to the other case you are talking about, that was day before yesterday. The teen was from Rochester, he was stabbed in the chest at a residence in Madbury. It was the best friend of another teen that was at my home tonight and he is very upset. He was actually supposed to be with the other man on Sat. night and he ended up not going because he had to do something with his dad, he seems to be blaming himself and thinking he could have stopped it in some way.

So on the news tonight, they said they had talked to a woman from the church and she said that it definately wasn't someone from the church.
They're studying tire tracks and trying to figure out if there was foul play.
The news reporter said they talked to someone who "claimed to be her parents"...kinda strange wording i think.
He said they said she was from Portland, ME...not Rochester.
Portland is about 45 min away from Rochester.
I don't know why if it was her parents...why can't we know her identity???

I wish we could know if this was personal or random.
The news didn't give us much at all yet. :(

My first thought is that this is some domestic incident, the husband/boyfriend is the suspect, and they don't want to alert him. However, why would he drop the body so close if he didn't want her found? Hmmmmm.............maybe my theory isn't so good. We will see.

As an aside, when I heard this on the news I said to my husband "WS was just discussing how many bodies are dropped behind churches" on the Caylee Anthony thread. I just thought this was an odd coincidence.

That is a weird conincidence!!
I wish they would tell us something...anything....
like are they even looking for someone?
Any persons of interest??
I'm confused....
Anyway, i guess she IS from rochester....

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081119/GJNEWS_01/711195889

ROCHESTER — Police have identified the body of the 31-year-old woman found behind Christ the King Church Tuesday as Marcie Lyn Grenier of Rochester.

A statement from police gives Grenier's last known address as 2 Jackson Street, Apt. 4. Jackson Street is 3.7 miles from the location of the church, which is 302 Rochester Hill Road, part of Route 108.

The police statement also says police are coordinating their investigation with the Attorney General's office.

Deputy Chief Mike Allen confirmed an autopsy was scheduled to take place at 11 a.m today in Concord. He said they will examine the body in an attempt to determine cause of death, take fluids from the body, and perform toxicology tests.

The results of the toxicology reports will not be available for some time, but Allen said it is possible the cause of death will be discovered today.

I just just caught up on all of the articles. The article states that LE was familiar with Marcie but will not give further details. The main things around here could be domestics, drugs/drinking, shoplifting, assault. I am doing some further research on my own to see if I can get more info.

I fully believe that her body was placed there and this was not the scene of her death. Hopefully I can dig up some further details!

http://archive.seacoastonline.com/2004news/11052004/police_l/46773.htm I

found an arrest for issuing bad checks

She was married in 2007 here is the announcement :

http://fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...OMMUNITY_01/107220298&SearchID=73336543023115

Soyesterday, I see something interesting. I looked on myspace and did not find anything until I did a search using the hubbies's last name from the link above. I came up with 1 profile and the town listed is Portland Maine. On the profile I see that she went to school in Rochester and I find this interesting due to your comment before the name was released of the woman being from Portland. From what I have seen I think she may already be divorced and has gone back to her maiden name. She may have just returned to the area from Portland thus why it was thought she was from there based on the news last night. Let me know what you think:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=211506794 Edited to add this does appear to be the correct myspace as I now see a condolance post was just left

Also, when I look up the hubby or ex hubby I see drug charges, assault, false imprisonment not good!!

Sorry i've been out most of the night, so i haven't had a chance to post till now.
So it turns out that i actually know people who know Marcie.
From what these people say, she was married to their nephew...might be the ex husband you found out about?...i'm going to look at your link in a sec...the people that told me about marcie say that she was really messed up w/ drugs and was living in rochester but was "supposed" to be going back to portland last weekend or at least supposed to be getting a ride from someone i know, but apparently she said that she didn't want to go back to portland, that she wanted to stay here in rochester...
now she's dead...:(
these people make it sound like she was some drug addict...
i dunno what to think???

K i just read your links...i definately don't recognize his name at all..
but yeah you're right...this does seem to be her maiden name...
and she did go to spaulding high...
did you go to spaulding too? do you remember her at all?
i didn't go to spaulding and i don't recognize her at all...

ok i just watched the 11pm news...and it says she was a mother of 2...how sad...i didn't know she had kids...i wonder where they are and how old they are...
the news also said family said she had a drug problem in the past...
and that her death is ruled as "untimely" instead of "suspicious"

I didn't go to Spaulding, but I did have a lot of friends there. I went to Dover until 10th grade and then to York HS in Maine.

I saw that she had a drug problem at one time and family stated that she was turning her life around. Luckily I never went down that path myself but many of my friends did. There were those that managed to quit for good and others relapsed some paying for it with their life :( ( RIP Matty)

Based on the fact that the autopsy was inconclusive I think that they will find that there was an OD when the tox. results come back. I do not believe that she died in the location that she was found however, this would account for the tire tracks near the body. I believe that she was possibly doing drugs with 1 or more persons when something happened and she had a bad reaction either an overdose or possibly a reaction to the drug she was taking. I believe that the person or persons that she was with panicked and did not know what to do and were also scared of getting into trouble. There have been cases of drug suppliers who did get jail time for supplying drugs to perons that then died as a result of the drung that they were given (ex. Thomas Fisher of York Maine the little bro of a friend I went to school with)

I think that Marcie died and the people that she was with then dumped her body where it was found. This is the same scenario that happened with my friend Aaron in Portsmouth, very sad and no charges were ever pressed in his case though I have a pretty good idea of who he was with that night and I am pretty sure that LE does too.

I have a teeny bit of info for you on her children, I am going to send you a PM though as I dont think that it should be posted here

i found out some more stuff from the people that know her....the detectives have been talking to them....
i'm going to write it here to you in a few min....k?

soyesterday - No way! Let it snow?!! You anxious to start shoveling?? Just kidding - I know we can't avoid it.

It figures it was drug related. Don't know about down your way, but that is a big problem up here. Sounds like she didn't have the greatest group of people she was associating with. Hope the ex didn't drug and dump her. :waitasec:

What the heck does "untimely" mean, anyway? Not her time to go? Isn't that the same as manslaughter/homicide/fill in the blank??? Guess it doesn't include accidental, although I don't think she went to the church to hook up, know what I mean?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back