1099 users online (213 members and 886 guests)  

Websleuths News

Smile Disabled Vet's pets get good homes and a few get to stay home!

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/3968613/

I read the first story that said the pets all needed homes a while ago.

It made me sad that they were all well cared for, and he just couldn't do it anymore!

Some people got together to give them homes and help him take care of a few of them!
    "The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea." -Isak Dinensen

Quote Originally Posted by zelmajane View Post
    http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/3968613/

I read the first story that said the pets all needed homes a while ago.

It made me sad that they were all well cared for, and he just couldn't do it anymore!

Some people got together to give them homes and help him take care of a few of them!
    Hi Zelmajane,

Actually I am one of those people. We are meeting up on December 14th loaded with food and supplies for the dogs. A few of us are going to travel to the disabled veterans home and put items away for him and help him out with a few things that need to be done. I can't wait to meet the pups he's going to keep!!!
    FYI - If I make a typo I call it a Brain Fart. Till you go thru brain surgery you really can't appreciate that saying.
    As always my posts are just my opinion...

Aww Topsail Girl!!

That is GREAT!

My heart melted when I read the story.

Let me know if I can do anything. Is the address in the story the best one to send to?
    "The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea." -Isak Dinensen

If you want to make a monetary donation then yes that is the best address. Just put Disabled Vet's Dogs on the memo line.

I'm not sure though if it is the best addy for food or collars or water bowls etc. If you are thinking of contributing something along those lines you would have to send those items directly to Mr. Lee. I don't know his address. Or you could mail them to me and I'll add them to my load that I'm taking on the 14th of December. I will see if I can find a direct mail addy for him.

This link will tell you about what is needed and some contact info.

http://www.wral.com/golo/blogpost/3931061/

I will down your way Thanksgiving weekend. If you want to meet me I'll grab whatever you want to donate and take it with me on the 14th.
    FYI - If I make a typo I call it a Brain Fart. Till you go thru brain surgery you really can't appreciate that saying.
    As always my posts are just my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Topsail Girl View Post
    Hi Zelmajane,

Actually I am one of those people. We are meeting up on December 14th loaded with food and supplies for the dogs. A few of us are going to travel to the disabled veterans home and put items away for him and help him out with a few things that need to be done. I can't wait to meet the pups he's going to keep!!!
    That is so beautiful!